Status: such story much write wow

Desolation Row

Introduction

A...B...C...squeak. "Ugh, damn it! That one note continues to escape me!" Jed yells in frustration.

"Dude, relax. You'll get it sooner or later."

"Heh, easy for you to say, Travis. It's not hard to play guitar like it is for sax." Travis gives Jed this look of sarcastic hatred.

"Fucker...You'll see, when I'm famous."

These boys are two of the best friends you'll ever meet. Jed Masterson and family moved from Nashville, Tennessee, to the small suburb of Dallas, Georgia, where he met and befriended Travis Donlin, local musician, and a hell of a guitarist. The two of them being young and restless, they always ended up in some form of trouble. In which, Travis usually has to bail them out. It's been three years since then, and nowadays they try to combine the bluesy twang of guitar with the swing of sweet saxophone.

"This would be a much smoother process if you'd practice, y'know," Travis says.

"I do my best," Jed lamely replies.

Travis suddenly throws down his guitar, gets right in Jed's face, and says "...Quit lying you bastard," then bursts out laughing. Jed attempts to hit Travis, but to little avail. Travis, still laughing, says, "One day you'll get me, but not today!"

"Whatever man, you'll get yours one day." Jed stops to check his phone. A text from his father says to come home.

"Better do what he says, Jed. You don't want daddy to spank you, do you?" Travis says mockingly.

"At least my dad is still around, motherfucker," Jed replies harshly.

"Hehe, that all you got?"

Jed drops his view. "...Yes."

Travis stands up, and says, "Alright man, take it easy walking home. Closed neighborhood or not, bad shit can happen anywhere."

"I will." Jed replies. The boys shake hands, and Jed begins his trek home. Shortly after, Travis's mom knocks on his door.

"Travis, you okay? I heard Jed bring up your father..."

"I'm fine mom. I'm 17 now. I know how to handle it."

Adam Xavier Donlin left his family when Travis was about 10. At the time, his mother had told him it was for business reasons. Travis found out around 15 that it was because his father had cheated on Karen, his mother, and ended up with a family with the other woman. This hurt Travis for a while, but he came to a conclusion; if his father didn't care about him, he wouldn't care about his father.

"Jed's just naiive, Mom. He never means to be serious about it."

"Well... Okay, Dear. Food's on the counter."

"Thanks, Mom." Travis replies. Karen smiles lightly, then closes the door.

Travis reaches over to his phone, realizing he hasn't checked it all day. The display says 3 new messages. "Dammit man, someone's popular tonight." Two are from Naomi Lexer, his love. The other is from Jed. He reads the first from Naomi:

Hope you're ready for tomorrow baby, I'm so excited!

"Shit, tomorrow's the eighth," Travis says aloud, "Gotta go find a gift..." He then opens the second text:

I've got something special in mind for you;)

"Well well well," Travis says with a sly smile on his face. "I don't know how I'm going to top that." He laughs, then replies.

Well then, little lady, we'll just see about that won't we?;)

'Yeeaaahh ladykiller' Travis thinks to himself. He moves on to the text from Jed.

Dude I just saw the...

Halfway through the message, Naomi replies,

I guess we will;)

"God, this girl's gonna be the death of me one day." He switches back to his text from Jed.

...freakiest shit I've ever seen.

As intriguing as it seems, Travis is wary about asking:

It wasn't your parents fucking, was it?

'Hope not' Travis thought. 'That would be kinda scary.' His phone buzzes. It's from Jed.
NO!!!! God no, but it was very strange.

Hmmm, I'm listening, Travis replies.

I guess it was a drug deal or something, bunch of guys standing around, looking very suspicious.

Travis thinks to himself, 'Please don't let this boy get seen around a deal, they'll kill him.' His phone gives two angry sounding vibrations.

You there babe? From Naomi.

Travis answers, Yeah, it's just been a long day practicing. Jed's been tryin to get this song done

I swear that boy keeps you busy too often, seems like you never have time for me anymore:(, Naomi replies.

Baby don't be like that. One more week and we'll have all the time we could ever ask for<3, he reassures.

I hope you're right, I miss you so much<3

Travis smiles. I miss you too baby. Get you some sleep now, it's getting late<3

You too young man;), she replies.

I love you, Naomi Lexer<3

I love you too, Travis Donlin<3

"That's my baby," Travis says. Then, realizing his phone went off twice, he sees the other text is from Jed.

Dude, I'll tell ya more tomorrow

"Okay then, I guess," says Travis. He then turns out his light, and falls asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took A LOT of editing to get this to look right on Mibba (typed on WordPad first), so I hope you enjoyed it!
Let me know if you did, and please recommend this.
Hayden would like recommendations.
A lot.
Okay?
Sorry if there are any errors or mistakes I missed. I did my best editing this.
With love,
A.