You Just Call Out My Name

You've Got A Friend

You stand on the school roof. Why do you do it? They don't know you're there and they don't understand you're the second person to be up there, ready to drop your plasticine and bin liner down, as a fucking parachute. You need a parachute. They can't see you. They don't even understand that you're existing up there. So there's two choices for you. You can jump or fall or walk off the building and there's the other option of going onto the steps and getting on with your lesson. Just go to the edge. Go to the edge and look down. Do you really want to go? They'll know you're there. Is that what you want- for them to know you're there?

Jump or don't. Just pick one. Who are you kidding, thinking you're not going to be missed? Fucking hell, you will be. You've held on for so long, for them. For him. Don't fucking jump. Don't go. Don't be gone. He'll miss you. He'll fucking miss you, hell! Live. Just, live and don't jump. Ianto, what about this? You will be gone and you will be missed. Come on, there's a whole boy waiting for you. He's sitting in Math, watching the clock go past. He's supposed to be copying out of a textbook that's for Geography or something. He wants to be out of there, not in that lesson anymore. He wants to be with you, fuck, he does. Will you hang on for him? You know how he feels. And he's not your only source of support. Special, you know he's special. Hang on to it.

Jack, he's not there just for you to discard him. If you jump, he'll jump. Don't you remember that promise? You jump, he'll jump. He jumps, you jump. It's fucking stupid! Hang on.

God, it's that fucking bell. It's the fucking school bell to indicate the end of lesson. And what do you do? You don't think about Jack. You fall down there. You fucking jump. Now Jack has to jump as well. You fucking selfish idiot. You knew you shouldn't have done it.

Jack just wants to be with you, Ianto.