Status: Active

Little Bird

Mon Petit Oiseau

Mon petit oiseau, that's what I liked to call her. A fluttering little bird that somehow made a place for herself behind my ribcage. I had a moment where I wondered to myself, lying awake at night, if my feelings were much too... distasteful. After all, she was a girl and I a man she occasionally saw at the corner store.

I always looked forward to seeing her, really. I would wait for her, hands sweating, heart pounding. It was then that I realized I cared not about how these feelings would seem to outsiders. I would just build a new kingdom, a new world for she and I. Just the two of us.

Lucille. I learned her name from the shop owner. I would always whisper it to the open air when I was alone, taste it on my tongue. Such a sweet taste. How I craved her.

We never told anyone, of course. Never breathed a word of the nights eventually spent together, her scent saturating my lungs to the point of suffocation, the way she looked at me with her bright blue eyes,my own personal pieces of sky. She was never afraid of me. Never questioned us. I would let my fingers linger against her skin at times when we were out in public and she never glanced around to make sure nobody was watching. She would just look up at me and smile. She even started calling me père. It sent a warm shiver up my spine every time it left her lips.

I knew that I loved her. Everyday I saw her, I felt like my feelings were renewed. It's come to the point where I really truly do need my. Lucille. And no one is ever going to take her away from me.