Status: In progress

Lost in the Echo

I'm better off without you and you're better off without me

"Why is she here?" Brian asked with mistrust

"She came here with Val I guess" Zacky shrugged

"She knows about our relation, I dont think she would drag her here with purpose" Brian scoffed

"Probably not"

"I'm gonna throw her out" Brian said before he disappeared out of the bedroom.

He jogged down the stairs and went straight to the pool. He recognized that voice everywhere.
Val saw him coming and tried to stop him in his steps.

"Please dont fight" She pleaded as he walked past her.

Brian saw Michelle standing by the edge of the pool, talking to Johnny.

"Michelle" He spoke

She turned around quickly, a scared look spread over her features as she met his gaze.

"I-Im sorry Brian" She stuttered

Brians temper skyrocketed. He didn't want to see her cheating ass here. He was still pissed at her for cheating on him, she really though he was screwing around with someone else. He clenched his jaw and remained calm.

"No worries, you dont need to apologize" He gave her a fake smile. The air around them became stiff.

"I know it was an bad idea to follow Val over here, but the thing is.... I miss you Bri" Michelle confessed

Brian cringed at her words. Bri sounded so wrong coming from her mouth, it sounded so right once, but now... he was just disgusted by the nickname she was calling him.

"Please dont call me that" Brian muttered.

"I'm sorry and I really hope that we could talk things out. I dont know what came over me" She said and took a step closer to him.

"There's nothing to talk about. I dont know how to say this but... I dont miss you, at all. I hate to see your sorry ass trying to get me back or whatever. You broke my heart, you ruined my life, and for what? a fucking toy-boy" Brian scoffed.

"Excuse me? I broke your heart and ruined your life?" She asked, the tone of her voice suddenly changed from soft to a bitchy one.

"Yes you did."

"Well, I was not the one who was screwing around with my "best friend" acting like nothing had happened" Michelle snorted

"Are you fucking serious?" Brian asked, feeling a hard time to stay calm.

"I was not the one who cheated. YOU cheated on me with that fucking bitch called Simone! My friend Chloe saw you two at the bar when I was with Val in Italy! And god knows what else you did later that night. You cheated in the first place!" Michelle spoke, her voice became louder and louder at the end of the sentence.

"Your friend Chloe had no fucking idea what she was talking about. I never cheated on you. Goddamit I was planning to propose to you, You're saying it was all a mistake and blah blah blah, I dont care. You choose to betray me back then because you didn't find out the facts first, you didnt even ask me about the truth!" Brian muttered, trying not to scream in her face.

"I'm so sorry Brian. I dont know what else to say"

"There's nothing left to say. I'm done with you and I've been that for a long time" He told her with honest.

"I think it's time for you to leave" He added, gesturing for her to walk to the door. She looked at him like an ashamed dog and began to walk towards the door. He followed her to the hallway.

"I hope you understand that you're not welcome here anymore. You and I have nothing to say to each other" Brian said and opened the door for her.

"I'm sorry Bri, I didn't mean to make a scene" She apologized.

Once again he cringed at the nickname she was calling him.

"You better be." He said coldly and met her gaze one last time.

"Wait!" Val shouted and came running towards them

"I'll leave too, I hope its okay if Matt's crashing here tonight?" She asked and put an assuring arm around her sister. Brian nodded.

"Thanks Brian, see you" Val said before they left.

Brian closed the door behind him and leaned against it. He breathed out heavily. A few seconds later he pushed the lamp on the hallway table away. It crashed on the floor, shattering into a few pieces.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Staring at the mess he have made.

"Brian? Are you okay?" He heard a voice out of nowhere.

He darted his eyes to the direction he had heard the voice and met Simones gaze.
She looked worried. Brian instantly relaxed and sighed. His eyes gave her the answer to her question. He was not okay and she saw that. She walked up to him and took his hand, giving it a light squeeze.
She didn't say a word while she led him to the kitchen. The house was empty, it was playing music in the living-room but the others was outside in the pool, playing volleyball or whatever they did. Partying the best they could, pretending the scene between Brian and Michelle didn't happened.

Simone rummaged through Brians kitchen cabinets after snacks. She found some chocolate chip cookies, popcorn and twizzlers. She placed them in a heap in her arms and took some beers from the fridge. She grabbed Brians hand again and led him upstairs to his bedroom.
Once they were there she placed everything on the bedside-tables and began to search after a movie to see, as the rockstar Brian was, he had a widescreen tv right in front of his bed.

Brian placed himself on the bed, crawling under the cover. Once Simone found a movie she started it and placed herself beside him underneath the cover. Brian crawled closer to her and rested his head on her shoulder. She felt that he was still angry so she placed her hand in his hair and began to play with it, since she knew it calmed him down.

It wasnt the first time they did this, when one of them was upset/angry or sad, they always crawled down in a bed or couch to watch a movie and eat junk food and just talk, making each other cheer up.

"Tell me everything" She spoke softly.

"She came to see me, she said that she was sorry for everything and she didn't knew what came over her.." Brian sighed

"Wow, that was new"

"She brought you up. She told me that her friend Chloe saw us at the bar, you know when Michelle were with Val in Italy? Anyways, Chloe thought I were cheating on Michelle with you.." Brian continued

"But you know Bri, for an unaccustomed eye, it might have looked like you cheated, we're always flirting when we're drunk and I can understand why Michelle got suspicious." Simone said

"I know, I tried to talk to her, explaining that our flirting was just for shits and giggles but she didn't believe me. She though I were lying about when you dated Jason. She was convinced that we were screwing around behind her back" Brian sighed without taking his gaze off the tv.

"What did you tell her tonight?" Simone asked

"She wanted to sort things out, but there's nothing to talk about. I told her that I am done with her and been that a while, shes not welcome here anymore." Brian said and clenched his jaw.

"There's nothing to be angry about anymore, she's gone now. Calm down Bri" Simone said and reached after a twizzler, taking a bite of it.

"Give me one" Brian muttered

Simone took one and put it in his mouth for him.

"What a fucking night" Brian muttered with his mouth full of candy.

"Yeah, first Roy and then Michelle" Simone chuckled.

"Thanks for this" Brian said and looked up at her.

"You know I'm always here for you" Simone said and stroke his hair from his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! What do you think so far? :)