Don't let 'em Take the Light Behind Your Eyes

Chapter One

Today is my first day of school in New Jersey, I already have a feeling that this won't be much different than my last.
My alarm starting blaring Green Day waking me up, I shut it off. Sitting up I climbed out of bed and over to my closet pulling out a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. I threw them on, walking into my bathroom and washing my face then starting on my makeup which consisted of eyeliner and mascara, I straightened my bright red dyed hair. I hair sprayed my fringe back and teased my hair leaving the rest of it wavy, I made sure to unplug my straightener and turned off the light shoving my feet into my shoes and grabbing my jacket off the back of my desk chair along with my bag.
I shuffled downstairs sitting down at the table, "Morning Lex." My older brother David said, smiling at me.
"Good morning." I replied going into the kitchen and pouring myself a bowl of cereal. When I went back out to the table my sister Lacey was also there.
"Morning Lex." Lacey said in her perfect voice, then flashing me her perfect little smile.
"Morning Lace." I said sitting down and starting on my cereal. David sat a cup down in front of me.
"Your going to need this." I took a sip tasting the bitterness of coffee, I instantly felt a little better about today. My brother David and my sister Lacey are 17, twins if you didn't know, and starting their senior year. I, on the other hand am 15 turning 16 in November and starting my sophomore year.
David is the star football player and basketball player, part of the popular group no matter what, and Lace is a cheerleader and a straight A student, they're nice to me at home but when it comes to school no one can know we're related, it used to bother me that they didn't seem to want to be seen with me, but I don't take it personally anymore.
"Thanks." I muttered standing up and putting my dishes in the sink. I grabbed my bag and went to the front door, opening it.
"We can give you a ride." Lace said from the table.
"No it's alright I like the bus." I pulled out my iPod, shoving my headphones in my ears and shutting the door behind me starting towards the bus stop. "Here we go." I whispered, "another year of hell."
"You can say that again." A kid with black, longish hair and hazel eyes said from beside me. He was really cute and made me want to blush, I smiled at him and we walked to the stop and stood in the back from everyone else. "I'm Gerard, Gerard Way." He said introducing himself.
"Alexis Jacobs, but I like Lex better."
"Nice to meet you Lex, did you just move here?"
I nodded looking down at my hands, "I'm from Ohio."
"I hear it's nice there."
I laughed, "Don't visit trust me, it's farms and a whole bunch of nothing and fucking freezing in the winter."
"Well I guess my sources were mistaken."
I smiled, I could get along with this kid he's pretty cool.
A kid with glasses and a beanie on, with straightened hair came and stood next to Gerard.
"Thanks for ditching me." The kid said to him.
"Mikey, sorry bro, but this is Lex she just moved here from Ohio. Lex this is my younger brother Mikey."
I held out my hand, "Nice to meet you Mikey."
"You too Lex."
The bus pulled up and everyone climbed on, I stayed in the front and Gerard sat beside me, Mikey sat across the isle.
"So tell us about yourself Lex, I mean if we're going to be friends I think it's only fair." Gerard said.
I chocked on air at the word friends, "Wait you want to be friends with me?" I asked.
"You seem pretty cool, I mean if you don't want to be seen with a couple of geeks like me and Mikes then that's alright we can leave you alone."
"No, no, no that's not what I meant, I've just, don't laugh but I never had any friends in Ohio."
Both Mikey and Gerard's eyes widened. "Wait are you serious?" Mikey asked.
I nodded, looking down. "No one wanted to be friends with me so I gave up."
"Well then we're definitely friends now, you seem to be what we call outcasts and we outcasts must stick together." Mikey said smiling at me.
I smiled back wanting to hug him and Gerard both but I restrained myself. The bus stopped abruptly in front of Belleville High School. I could see my brother and sister already making friends, shock there. I wonder how they'll take it when they find out I've already made two friends of my own, without their help.
Gerard, Mikey, and myself climbed down the stairs of the bus and towards the school, I had to go to the office to get my schedule. "Erm, I guess I'll see you guys later." I said waving and going into the guidance office.
"Hi how may I help you dear?" The sweet old lady, who looked to be in her 60s, said.
"Um, I'm new here I came to get my scheldule."
"Of course honey, your brother and sister were just in here. Alexis Jacobs right?"
I nodded, she handed me the sheet of paper, "Have a nice day Miss. Jacobs if you need anything don't hesitate to come ask me. Welcome to Belleville, New Jersey."
I smiled, "thank you, erm Mrs." I looked at her name tag. "Mrs. Kutz."
"No problem honey."
I hoisted my bag higher on my shoulder and went to find my locker, which wasn't too hard, I pulled it open and put my lunch in it, then headed off to my first class which was Theatre II, that shouldn't be too hard to find I thought to myself, but turns out it was.
"I thought too soon," I mumbled to myself when I bumped into someone. I looked up at my sister, "sorry Lace."
"It's okay, where are you heading?"
I looked at her shocked since usually she wouldn't say a word to me, "hello earth to Lex Jacobs where are you heading?"
"Theatre II."
"That's where I'm going come on, I'll take you." I looked at her like she had three heads, "Don't look at me like that, your my baby sister and I know I haven't protected you like I should but that's changing this year. Come on."
*
The first half of the day passed in a blur, I met a kid named Frank Iero he was funny and a bit of a trouble maker in math, turned out I have science and history with Gerard and Frank, the only class I don't have with either of them is Spainish, but I met two guys named Bob and Ray. I was invited to lunch with them but I had already promised Frank and Gerard so I had to turn them down.
The bell ran for lunch and I headed to the cafeteria, I saw Frank, Gerard, and Mikey with two other people and took a seat beside Mikes.
"Woah Lex what are you doing here? I thought you said you had plans for lunch."
I looked up at Ray and Bob, "Well I do I promised Gerard and Frankie here I would eat with them."
"Good thing we're friends with them too." Ray said smiling.
"Yeah good think." I smiled back.
Mikey looked over at me, "has anyone ever told you that you look like Ariel from the little mermaid?" He said randomly.
I looked at him weird, "What?"
"Guys tell me she doesn't look like the little mermaid, her hair is the same color and look at how pale she is. I mean, I think she has Gerard beat with her skin tone."
"You know your right Mikes." Frank said staring at me.
"Frankie your kind of freaking me out." I said referring to his stare.
He looked away and started eating, "You know I think Mikey's right, she might be paler than me." Gerard said investigating me. He held his arm out and pulled his sleeve up revealing his really white skin, he motioned for me to do the same, I was reluctant considering the hundreds upon hundreds of scars and a few newer cuts that lined my arm.
I shook my head, "You have me beat Gerard."
I picked up my bag and stood up, "I'm going to get going guys, don't want to be late for my next class."
"Lex there's like 30 more minutes until the bell."
"Better safe than sorry." I said smiling uncomfortably.
"Woah are you okay you look like you've seen a ghost." Frank said looking at me.
I was starting to sweat, I felt uncomfortable and anxious. But I put on a fake smile, "Yeah I'm fine really I just don't want to get lost."
"Here let me come with you." Gerard said standing up and throwing his food away.
"No you don't have to really Gerard."
"I want to, you have English next right?"
I nodded, "well so do I so let's go."
I waved to everyone and Gerard walked me to English, actually the last three classes of the day we had together. "Are you okay Lex? If it was me I didn't mean to put you on the spot."
"I'm okay really, you didn't do anything wrong so don't blame yourself."
He didn't seem convinced but let it go, "so how are you liking your first day here?"
I was about to answer when I was cut off by a group of girls, "oh look girls Way has a new girlfriend I wonder if she cuts herself like he does." He group laughed, "emo freaks, I don't understand why your alive all you do is waste space."
"Hey!" I turned around to see my brother. "What did you say to my little sister?"
"Oh hey David, this-this is your sister?"
He nodded, "Yeah she is." He pulled me towards him, "so what were you saying about her Kat?"
"Nothing, I was just saying I loved her hair."
"Yeah that's what I thought." He pulled me away from them and Gerard followed. "Are you okay?"
I nodded not wanting to look at him, I don't know what's going on but obviously my brother and sister have picked this year to give a shit about me.
"Come on Gerard." I grabbed him hand and pulled him towards English. We walked in and sat beside each other, I pulled out a pencil and some paper.
"Was that really your brother?"
I nodded, "Yeah that's my brother David."
"Why are you hanging out with me when you have a chance to be popular?"
"That isn't my thing, I don't want to pretend that I'm someone I'm not. Plus I'm too individual, I don't fit in if you haven't noticed."
"I haven't noticed I mean everyone in Belleville listens to Green Day," He said sarcastically, "which by the way I never complimented you on that so there you go."
I giggled, he was a little strange but aren't we all?
The bell rang and we stopped talking, the rest of the day passed quickly, photography and art were the last periods of the day, my two favorite classes actually and we finally were allowed to go home.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N
Hey guys this is my first MCR fan fic it'll probably be so terrible but I'll try, that picture up there is Lex, and her hair color is like Ariel's from Little Mermaid I'll try to find the color.