Status: When you are human, in a family of creaturs that hide in the darkness. Life is never dull.

Twisted Family

Free The Caged Bird 16

On the fifth day of being locked up in my room, I finely go nuts enough to do the one thing the house will hate me for. Turning on my amp at full blast and grabbing my guitar I play a few cords and then I start playing until the windows start to rattle. Mom, dad, Conner and grandma might be able to here this just because of who they are, but I don’t care. Dad hates it when he is woken up, but that is another part of doing this. I want out of this house and I want to piss him off.

-Come on damn it, shatter- grabbing my microphone I scream in it as loud as I can and as high pitched as I can make it. -Come on house, crack the damn window already.- then a little crack appears and I just keep going, knowing I’m making it cave. “Open the window to my heart and free me, like a bird being freed from its CAGE!” I scream out and then finely the windows brake all the way.

Turning everything off, I grab my phone and jump out the window. With being half vampire, I don’t have to worry to much about breaking my leg, neck or arm.

Running to the garage the door opens right away. Walking over to my car, pull out a spare set of keys out of the dash bored and start up the car. “ZOEY!” dad bellows out.

I throw the car in reveres, I drive like mad down the road. Mom and dad wont come after me, its bright out right now. Conner could though, but I don’t know how much he is done with the change yet. Stopping at the red light, a black hummer with tented windows rolls up beside me. The drive side window rolls down, to show me it’s Erik Blue.

“Brake out jail?” he asks smiling down at me.

“Yes and I plan on living it up, till the sun goes down.” I tell him with a smile on my face and once the light turns green I speed down the road with him following me.

Once we are at another stop light we start talking again. “I’ll take you out for lunch, my treat I want to say I’m sorry for all that went down.” he tells me.

“You just did and if I wasn’t mad at my family, I might not forgive you.”

“So you forgive me?” he asks hopeful.

Putting on my shades I look up at him. “Let me make myself clear on this. If you screw with my friends ever again, I will hurt you way worse. So at this moment, I forgive you.” the light turns green and then I drive like mad out of town, with my little black heart pounding in my ears. I never broke the rules (unless braking the rules was called for) I was all ways the good twin. Mom and dad little angle, even if I wasn’t a vampire, I was the good one. But now, I don’t feel like the good one, I feel like the one braking free for once in my life. I didn’t care if I was half vampire that couldn’t drink blood, because I was still me and nothing was going to change that.

<~>

Sitting up on the rookies outside of town, I sit on the hood of my car and look out on the town. People moving about, cars going up and down the road. All so normal, they would freak out if they knew that there was a house full of monsters in town. They weren’t scary-well unless they wanted to be, but they were still family.

My phone goes off and right away I know who it is. “I’m not coming home yet.” I tell my brother.

“Dad is flipping out!” he barks out.

“Let him, I’m going to try to turn back to being human.”

“What?! You can’t do that Zoey!”

“I can’t drink blood Conner, who is to say even if I turn full vampire that I can’t stomach it still? I would die. I can only see, if I turn back into a human that I can live.”

“You won’t die!” he roars out.

One single tear slides down the side of my face. “And if I do, then what? What if I don’t become a ghost like the rest of are family? I would be gone Conner. You would be left alone forever. Do you think I want you to be alone like that?”

“Zoey-”

“I have to go.” then I hang up the phone once the Hummer comes up the hill.

Erik parks next to my car and gets out with his hood up over his head. “So you running away from home?” he asks me, leaning on my car.

“Thinking it’s more like that ever second. You would be surprised how defining my room can get if I’m looked in it for almost a week.”

“What you thinking about?” he asks patting me on the leg.

“Turning back into a human.”

He is quite for a few mints. “Why?” he whispers.

Taking in a deep breath and then letting it out, the wind picks up just a little bit. “I can’t stomach blood, not even from the vane of a human. If I was to turn into a true vampire, I could possibly die just because I can’t stomach it.” I tell him.

“Have you tried to feed from a vampire?” he asks looking threw his dark shades.

I just shake my head.

“Drink mine, then.” he says holding out his arm.

I give him a bit of a smile. “No thanks, I think I’ll just try to figure out how to turn back into a human.”

“Please, try.” he whines out.

“Wow, am I really getting the Prince of vampires whine for something?” my smile widens when I look at him.

He flicks me on the four head. “Don’t get smart with me.” hopping down from my car I hug him for a few seconds and then pull away. “What was that for?” he asks stunned.

“Thanks for being my friend and if I’m not dead by midnight, I might try your blood. But don’t hold your breath, my little black heart tells me, dad is out to kill me right now.” I tell him and then I jump in my car and speed away.