Status: When you are human, in a family of creaturs that hide in the darkness. Life is never dull.

Twisted Family

Mom Chilling Voice 17

Parking my car, the lights in the house are all on, you would think they were throwing a party or something. Getting out of my car, I walk up to the front door with my head held high, because I know as soon as the door opens my life is over.

Opening the door, mom and dad are both waiting for me. Mom wears a red dress that slits up her hip. Dad wears his fames black suite with a bat tie clip. Both my parents are ready to cut to the chase and get this under way.

Closing the door, they both go into the speech of how dare you leave the house when you are grounded and the of course the “you made us worry sick” stick.

Once they have quite screaming at me. “I was fine, I was with Erik.” I tell them, not moving a muscle, if I did that would only set them off.

“Erik?” mom asks stunned.

“Really?” dad asks bewildered.

“Yeah, we talked and hung out.” I tell them.

My parents look at one another and before I know it, they are dragging me into the drawing room. Conner looks up from his homework and studies me. “What are you two doing?” he asks, putting down his pinnacle.

“She needs to finish the change, if she is going to be with Erik.” dad tells him.

“She wants to be human though.” he tells them.

“Yes we know that, but it’s the good of the family.” dad tells him.

To me this is weird, because mom never on dad team. She must be scared she might lose me or something. “What if she can’t feed even after changing completely?”

“She will feed, don’t worry.” dad says as he holds me down and mom gets a glass with green stuff in it.

“Open up darling.” mom tells me.

Without thinking about it, I’m out of their grip and my fangs drawn. “Stay back.” I growl out.

“How is that possible, she not even full vampire.” dad says stunned.

“Oh yeah I for got, you even melted Erik and Vick swords when they were fighting.” Conner says standing up.

“But she not full a full vampire.” mom says as Conner pokes on my face.

“Quite it.” I slap his hand away from my face.

“I might have your answer,” he snaps his fingers and one of his books flouts over into his hand and then he reads allowed. “’Even if a vampire is some how born a human, their vampire blood will protect them. Powers are unknown of this human vampire. One thing is known about these rare species, they can not complete the change turning into a vampire or they will die. Their bodies will deny any form of blood.’” he closes the book and faces are parents.

“What about royal blood?” dad asks.

“Doesn’t matter, she wouldn’t be able to complete the change either way.” he tells them tucking his book under his arm.

There is a knock at the door, but it isn’t a normal knock someone would do on someone else door. Its and angry knock, that wants to beat down the door. “We know you are in there monsters!” a voice roars out.

Dad snaps his fingers and everything changes, it looks as if we are in the middle of a masked ball. Conner is decked out in a red and black tux with a black button down shirt and red tie, has a black mask on and his hair slicked back.

I have a short fairy looking dress that is cut into shreds around my knees that matches Conner outfit, my hair is curled and dances around my bare shoulders, slippers are on my feet and a black mask is over my eyes that go out into the air.

Mom has a dress that let’s her girls show more then they should, the dress is silver and her hair is pulled back, a gold necklace around her neck and her mask looks like it was painted on. Dad outfit matches mom, but his suite glitters.

“Mingle.” dad tells us.

Conner and I go out into the ball room. This is one of dad powers, this is all an allusion for the most part, but if anything happens that will cause the allusion to become real then all these people will come real. “I have a bad feeling.” I whisper to Conner as we walk into the far corner.

Dad opens the door with mom behind him. Grandma appears next to us, but make sure that no one can see her. “They never change, no matter what time of age it is.” she whispers.

“How can I help you fine people tonight?” dad asks.

“We want you and your family out of are beloved town!” a shrill voice screams out.

“Excuse me?” mom voice is chilling and dangerous, which is never a good sign.

“You are all monsters and we all know it!” the shrill voice screeches out.

Mom laughs as if it’s not true. “And how are we monsters? Just because we live in a house that doesn’t look like everyone else?”

A man steps up, his stomach large and moves around when he walks. “We never see you or your husband out. The only two we see is your daughter and son and that is ‘if’ they attend school or out roaming around town in the gothic clothing.”

I didn’t think that Conner and I dressed in gothic clothing, they were just clothes to us. “We run are own business and it takes up most of are time.” dad tells them and then he puts his hand on my hip. “Are children are free to do as they please and dress like they want, no one in this town needs to go by your peoples ‘dress code’ now if you will excuse us we have a party to get back to.” dad says about to close the door.

“Your children are not welcomed in are school!” the shrill voice screams out and then I notice that it’s one of the girls from school.

Mom eyes land on her and it’s as she froze the girl with her eyes. “My daughter is welcome back to that school, we own a lot of this land.” mom walks out of dad grip and we are about to go grab her, when grandma puts her hand on are shoulders and shakes her head. “Harass my daughter again or upset her in any way and I will make sure it’s the last thing-”

Dad quickly grabs her pulls her inside and slams the door shut. We didn’t need to hear what she was about to say, we knew all to well. We wait for everyone to leave and then the party is over. Are house is empty and are costumes gone. “Well that was fun.” Conner mumbles to himself and then he walks away most likely going to his room.

Mom and dad start to head upstairs, but mom waits for. As I walk beside her, she walks me to my room with an arm around me shoulders. “Thanks for standing up for me mom.” I tell her as I open my door.

She kisses me on the four head. “A mother lion protects her cubs. A mother vampire will kill any and all that pick fights with her children. The two are one in the same.” she tells me and then she leaves.

Something inside of me told me, that this was the start of something that wasn’t going to be good. Whatever it was, I wished it would be over with by now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait I've been sick and when I'm sick my writing gets off balance, if that makes any since. Comments are always welcomed like always.