Status: When you are human, in a family of creaturs that hide in the darkness. Life is never dull.

Twisted Family

Slap 8

You know your day is going to be bad, when your vampire brother pulls you out of bed and slings you over his shoulder. “No, I don’t want to go to school. I want to sleep.” I whine, as he yanks the door open.

“You wake me up, half the time.” he grumbles.

“I don’t mean to.” I whine out, as I try to kick him and punch him as hard as I can.

He takes me to the drawing room and throws me down on the sofa. Mom and dad, sit in two dark chairs facing me, as Conner stands in the middle of the door because he knows I’m going to make a run for it. “We need to talk about the date.” dad says right away, lacing his fingers to gather.

I try to make a brake for it right away, but of course Conner grabs me and throws me back down on the sofa. “I know, I’m not supposed to embrace the family and all of that. I promise, I’ll behave.”

Mom smiles at me. “We know you will darling.” she holds up her platinum credit card.

You know how, more then half of the teen population in the world want to get their hands on their parents credit cards, just to get whatever and everything they want? Yeah, I am totally not that way. The power of the credit card sort scares me, just because I feel like I might do something bad. Course I wouldn’t brake the bank, but still it worries me.

“You are going to take this card and buy something really cute after school.” she tells me handing the card over.

“But I have plenty of stuff to wear.” I tell them.

Dad gets that dark look in his eyes. “This is about the family, we need to make everyone understand that we love you and there is nothing they can do about it.” he tells me. “Now, you will not mess this up.” he snaps.

I lower my head and look at the card. “Yes sir.”

Dad leaves first, with Conner following him.

Mom gets up and walks over to me and puts her arm around me. “Don’t worry darling, everything will go well tonight.”

“Then why does it feel, like I just got slapped?” I ask her, as I get up and go to my room to get ready for school.

<~>

Arriving at school, I park in my spot far away from everyone possible. But that doesn’t stay for long, Conner parks on one side of me, as Vick parks on the other side. -I want to become a ghost, so bad right now.-

Taking a deep breath, I collect myself and get out of my car with my bag in hand. Vick reaches me first and gives me a hug. “Morning.” he smiles at me.

I try to give him the best smile as I can, until Conner puts his arm around me. “Morning Vick,” he looks down at me. “Don’t for get, you have to go shopping for your date tonight.” then he walks over.

-Asshole.- Turning my attention on Vick, he looks shocked. “Sorry I didn’t tell you before, it sort of just happened.”

He collects himself and puffs up a little bit. “Do I know the guy? Does he go to school with us?” his eyes are dangerous, he wants to punch someone and make them cry.

Shaking my head, I start walking as he follows. “No you don’t know him, I don’t really know him either. My parents are old school, so they brought in a match maker.”

“So I don’t have a fighting chance, to even be your boyfriend?”

-Did he just say boyfriend?- “I’m not really sure, sorry.”

Vick puts his arm around me. “Well, he is going to have faster then me winning over your heart. Because I’m not coming in second place.” he says with a smile on his face.

All of the sudden, Jane walks up to him and slaps him clean cross the face. “I hope you chock on your life and you have a nice time with your new girlfriend.” she eyes me with disgust and walks off.

I step out of his embrace. “Okay, your really going to have to explain that to me.”

He smiles a goofy smile at me. “Well you see, I told her that I didn’t want to be around her anymore. Because I want to be with you.”

I shake my head. “Okay, well I think once things cool down with everything. Then we can hang out. I really don’t want her, hating me more then she already does. I’ll see you in class.” with that I run off to the double door glass doors, where Conner waits for me.