Status: Completed

Poison or Ink?

19

"Hey baby." I greeted Mike as he walked through my front door.
It was his first day back from tour. It should of been a good one. But I couldn't handle it anymore.
"Hey babe." He sat next to me. "Why'd you call me over so early?"
"Oh... Ah." I wasn't good at this.
First times are a bitch.
He looked at me with asking eyes.
Damn it, why couldn't I just be happy with him. Why did I always have a constant want for more?
My fist balled up as I got more frustrated with myself. I needed to do this. For me, for him.
"You know I think you're great..." I started.
"So are you," He laughed, oblivious to what I was trying to say.
And that's why I'm braking up with you." I took in a deep breath, keeping my head down to avoid his gaze.
"This just isn't fair to you." I said before any words could leave his mouth. "I';m just not feeling it anymore. I don't wanna do the whole 'it's not you, it's me', but it's true. I'm so sorry."
I finally brought up the courage to look at his stricken face.
If only looks could kill.
"If it's what you think is best." He whispered and dragged himself off my sofa.
I trailed behind him, feeling like complete shit.
"Friends?" Mike stood next to my open front door.
I shook my head, "I'm sorry. I don't think that's be best."
He put his head down, "Why...?"
"I'm sorry", Was all my mouth would allow me to say. "I just couldn't be all you want."
And that was the last thing I said to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gonna start a sequel