Status: Going back and doing minor editing before adding a new chapter, so the next chapter will be delayed.

Sanctuary

Prologue

“Alex? Alex... Alex, wake up.”

A voice was echoing through the darkness in which Alex was engulfed. In this strange place, there was no light or sound. There was only him, hovering on his back as if floating on the surface of an invisible pool. He was numb, relaxed, as if intoxicated by some kind of drug.

The voice calling for him in the distance sounded awfully familiar, and even gave the boy a faint sense of comfort as it beckoned him. It began to grow louder and more demanding. Slowly his sanctuary faded away until he found himself waking gently from his sleep.

The dark space was only a dream, and the voice was none other than Jack’s.

“Wake up,” the skunk haired boy whined, shaking him once again.

“I’m up! I’m up!" Alex griped. "God dammit, Jack. The sun’s not even up yet, what could you possibly need at this time of the morning?” The younger bloke tossed and turned until he was on his side and facing his boyfriend.

“That’s the thing. I wanted you to watch the sunrise with me.”

Jack was in a sitting position now, looking out from the rear window of his Grand Cherokee, the back of which they had fallen asleep in. A faint glow, which Alex assumed to be the sun, made Jack’s face just barely visible. The Brit’s stomach flipped a bit. Even when he woke him up at an ungodly hour of the morning and had a bad case of bedhead, he still was madly in love with the other boy.

He sat up now, peering from the window. Before his eyes was a breathtaking view of the cliff on which they’d parked, and beyond it, the bustling city. Among the cityscape, which never ceased to flicker with lights, a light orange glow was slowly taking over the dark night-time sky. Alex felt at home here.

“Alex?” Jack’s voice interrupted.

“Hmm?” the sleepy boy mumbled, twirling strands of hair around his finger.

“I know you’ve done this a trillion times, but… could you tell me the story again?” Jack whispered, his chocolate eyes growing wide with innocence.

Alex gave a small sigh, falling back down onto his back as he rubbed his eyes in a weary haze.

“What story, Jackalope?”

“Our story.”

Alex groaned, keeping his palms pressed tightly against his eye sockets. “Jack, I’ve told you this story hundreds of times.”

“I know but… I like hearing it,” he said in a hushed tone, moving to rest his head on Alex's chest.

“Jack, why do I need to tell it to you? You experienced it yourself.”

The skunk haired boy sighed, shrugging a little. “I guess you’re right. You don’t have to tell me, Alex. It’s just… It’s been almost seven years since we met. Yet each time you tell me the story, you never fail to recall each and every detail. Plus, you’re good at telling stories. I could never spin a thread like you can.”

The brunette heaved one more sigh.

“Alright, Jack. Here we go again. Our story.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello and welcome to Taylor's first ever chaptered All Time Low fanfiction. Please keep your limbs inside the vehicle and your seat belt fastened. We hope you enjoy the ride.