My Life in Bursts

December 5th, 2013

Mood: Meh
Music: Shape of my Heart by Backstreet Boys
Time: 8:59 PM

I don't have much to report on today unfortunately. It's been kind of slow. I went to class and got some work done, then I went home, ate lunch, and procrastinated like crazy. I'll regret it, I know. There is going to be a huge pile-up of homework waiting for me tomorrow. Thankfully Friday is my day off. Now all I require are some good vibes from anyone reading this. Send them to me! Give me the strength I so desperately desire! We'll meld our minds and stuff. I don't know.

Speaking of readers, I actually have a subscriber now! It is my first ever. Thank you, mystery person :) I write these journal entries for myself, obviously, but it's still nice to know that people care about my writing. And, let's be honest, I wouldn't be posting all of this on a public website if I didn't want people to read it, so I guess I'm not completely innocent.

Yeah, narcissism. I know. I have it. At first, I didn't want to admit it; the very thought of being a narcissist was too much to bear. Just thinking about it made me feel evil. But now I've learned to accept it, and I realize that it isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. I'm still a modest person, but certain narcissistic tendencies do tend to slip through the cracks every once in a while. I don't try to suppress it though.

I guess another reason why I'm posting all of these intimate and personal things about me is because I want to be able to look back at all of this in order to remind myself where I came from, and also because I want other people to know who I am so that I won't be forgotten, if that makes sense. I can't really explain it. I guess if I were to die, I would want my friends and family to go on Mibba and read all of this so that there'll still be a part of me around.

Anyway, here is a random fact: my mom is an amazing cook. That makes me feel guilty because I don't always treat my parents with respect, so to have her slave over a stove and cook me (and my dad) my favorite dishes is just unbearable sometimes. *sigh* That's exactly what happened tonight.

I guess the only thing left to say is that I have a poem up now. I had one up earlier, but I deleted it because it sucked, and I knew I could have done better. The poem that I have now is called Rivers Run Together and it is based off of one of my all time favorite songs by one of my all time favorite bands: Jailbreak by Sonic Syndicate.

I love that band and their music with all of my heart and soul; they are as necessary to me as breathing. I'm sure most of the people here can understand that, and even relate to it. I've been listening to Sonic since high school, and honestly, I tried to put into words the things that their music makes me think and feel, but I failed miserably. I could probably write the world's longest essay about the band and still come up short. It's just an indescribable thing.

Anyway, that's all I have for tonight.

Until next time!