Settling Down with Rob Dyrdek

Betrayal

I didn’t know what I had walked into. I knew nothing about wrestling and here I was about to go into a ring and face someone. I walked towards where Cristal was exiting. She smiled at me and asked, “How do you think I did?” I smiled and told her she did great, “You were amazing. I’m more than positive you passed this and are going on.”

I sighed as I said, “I need to go up in the ring. Do you have any suggestions?”

Cristal’s face fell and froze as McMahon passed by and said, “Thank you for doing this for me, as soon as this is over I’ll have your check ready for you.” She turned to look at me, “What is happening?”

I could tell she was bothered, how couldn’t she be? It was supposed to be her big day. I sighed and said, “I’ll explain everything once this is over.” I headed to the entrance of the ring and always jumped back out of the ring when McMahon’s daughter entered the ring. This man had made me believe she wasn’t a professional but she was dressed as a wrestler. She looked angry and almost ran at me instantly as soon as the bell rang. Without thinking I jumped out of the way. I had no idea what I was doing. She came at me again and this time, I rang to the ropes to gain momentum and ran at her. I dropped myself low before she could elbow me and tripped her. I had seen Cristal practice many times and I remembered how she would pin her opponent after dropping them.

I grabbed her leg and bending backwards I grabbed her head as well and pulled. She tapped out instantly. I was breathing heavily as I stood up again. I smiled as everyone began clapping and cheering. I walked off the ring and a woman with a clipboard came up to me, “I need your name, address, birthday, and phone number. If you can sign these next 3 documents as well.”

I shook my head and asked, “Sign papers? What kind of papers? Mr. McMahon never mentioned any paperwork.”

The woman looked at me, “You got the job. We need these documents to start setting up your contract and make sure you’re capable to compete and become an official member of the WWE.”

I looked at her stunned, “What about the others?”

She shrugged, “They aren’t really my concern. I’m here specifically for you. Congrats you just beat people who are more qualified for the position.”

“But-“

She sighed, “I'll leave this with you and give you a few minutes to go over them. If you really aren’t sure I can give you my card and just give me a call back when you’re ready.” She handed me a few papers and left. Cristal had now joined me, “What was that?”

I looked at her and shrugged, “I have no idea.”

We walked over to the benches and sat down, “What the hell Cassie?”

I looked at her and sighed, “Trust me I have no idea what I just got myself into. This man came up to me, he offered me a hundred grand to get in the ring with his daughter. When she came at me, I just reacted.”

Cristal looked at me, “A man? What was his name?”

“Vince McMahon.” She cursed, “Are you kidding me?”

I looked at her and placing the papers down asked her what the big deal was. “The fact that you don’t even know who he is is infuriating.”

“Cristal-”

She got up and stormed off to the women’s locker room. I sighed. I had betrayed my best friend, I had taken something from her without even knowing it. A young man stood in front of me, he was tall and handsome. “Hey.” He smiled at me and continued, “ I saw your moves earlier. I’m very impressed especially considering you seem pretty new to all this.”

I looked at him and my mouth almost dropped. I had seen his matches when Cristal would force me to watch some of the matches when we hang out. It was Randy Orton. I did my best to recover from my fan mode and thanked him, “Honestly I just got lucky.”

He laughed, “I doubt that. I’m Randy.” He extended his hand. I stood up and shook it. From what I had seen he was usually the ass on the show. “If you ever need help with something let me know. I’m more than happy to help.” I smiled and said, “thanks but I’m not sure this is for me.”

He raised an eyebrow and asked, “How so?”

I sighed, “My friend was the one auditioning for the show not me.” He scoffed and grinned, “Sometimes things happen to you and those are the most interesting and rewarding experiences. Who says you need friends for those types of rewards?” With that he walked away.

There was the dick I knew.