Settling Down with Rob Dyrdek

Signed

Cristal and I haven’t spoken in days. She was pissed and while I knew where the anger was coming from, I was becoming upset as well. I had not intentionally taken something from her, it was given to me. And it’s not like she had been ignored completely. She still had her chance to prove herself.

“You okay?” I snapped out of my thoughts and nodded. I put aside my laptop and sat down next to Rob on the couch. He had been traveling the last few days and it was his first day back. I cuddled up next to him and asked about his trip. He put his arm around me and said, “It was good mostly job related. It would’ve been better if you came with me.”

I smiled weakly and answered, “I know and I’m starting to regret staying behind too.”

He lowered the television, “Everything ok?”

I sighed and told him everything that had happened. He sat up and asked, “Are you serious?”

I nodded, “Do you think I’m wrong for not reaching out to her?” He stayed quiet for a bit, “I feel like I can understand Cristal but I also think it should be a team effort. This shouldn’t become something that ruins your friendship.” He took a deep breath and then asked, “What are you going to do about the offer?”

I shrugged, “I’ve never thought about wrestling. I have no idea how everything got to this point but part of me wants to see where it goes.” He smiled at me, “Part of me knew you wouldn’t say no.”

“I feel like this could be a fun thing to try. I can make some money, travel a bit, and then go back to law school.”

“I’m glad you reminded me. The lawyers reached out to me and are asking if you would want to be in the new season of the show.” I shook my head almost instantly, “I think for now I’m good the way things are.”

Rob nodded and leaned over to kiss me, “I just wanted to make sure you knew if you ever wanted to, it was an offer and you could accept it anytime.”

I smiled at him and then without realizing what I was doing, I sat on his lap facing him. I leaned in and kissed him. He had become such an important person in my life. I was so happy he was back and that we could spend time together again. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled away for a second to say, “I can just imagine how you’re going to be once you start training for show.” I laughed as he picked me up and then laid me on my back. He took off his shirt and began trailing kisses from my stomach to my lips again, “You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.”

The next morning I woke up alone in Rob’s apartment. I checked my phone and sighed, he was going to be at work all day. I got up and headed towards the bathroom. Once showered and dressed, I headed to my apartment. I needed to make up my mind and after my night with Rob, I think I had made my decision.

I had been going back and forth about my choice for too long. I was given an opportunity of a lifetime and I would be crazy not to take it. By the time I got to my apartment I had also made up my mind and called Cristal. I sighed as the phone call ended with a voicemail greeting.

I glanced at my laptop and walked towards it. I had tried making things right with Cristal and she wouldn’t talk to me. I couldn’t wait for her to come around. I needed to think about me for once. I logged onto my laptop and replied to the numerous emails I had received. I sent my contract signed and dated to the reps that had been reaching out to me and just like that I was signed to the WWE.