Settling Down with Rob Dyrdek

Bumps and Bruises

The first day of training was interesting, I saw many people I recognized from the times Cristal made me watch the show like Nia Jax, Bobby Lashley, and a trio of women known as the Riot Squad. Part of me was liking the idea of maybe one day being like them, being recognized for an entertaining show. The other part of me was sad that Cristal wasn’t here with me to be able to share the excitement.

“You Cassandra?”

I looked up quickly at the sound of my name. In front of me stood an athletic woman with long red hair. Her arms were covered in colorful tattoos. I nodded, “You can just call me Cassie.” The woman smiled and extended her hand, “I’m Lita. I’m here to help you get started.” She quickly added, “So tell me about yourself? Please tell me you have some kind of skills.”

I laughed and shrugged, “I used to box and I know how to skate. I like to think of myself of somewhat athletic.”

Lita raised an eyebrow, “Were you any good?”

I smiled and replied, “I was decent in boxing.” Lita smirked, “Alright then, let’s see what you got.”

Training with Lita was hard but I found myself enjoying the pain. It was a sense of accomplishment.

“You’re not as bad as you made it seem.”

I laughed, “I think it’s just you being nice. I feel like I got my ass kicked all day.”

Before she could reply, Cristal's far too familiar voice interrupted, “That’s because you did. It tends to happen when you get handed stuff instead of earning them.”

I felt like someone backhanded me across the face. I turned and saw Cristal standing with another woman with blond hair. She was short and was very curvy, she stood there with a smirk. Looking straight at Lita she said, “I see even the people you train are rejects.”

Both of them laughed as they headed into the ring we had just walked off from. Lita has crossed her arms, “I take it you know her?”

“That was Cristal, originally I was here for her and well things got a little out of hand and now here I am.”

Lita nodded, “I see… The short sassy one is Mickie James. If that’s your friend’s trainer and if she has experience, your friend might actually get the satisfaction of kicking your ass on live tv one day.”

I scoffed, “Thanks for the vote of confidence.”

Lita laughed again, “You just got to prove us wrong. Come on I want to show you a good place to go when you’re not training here.”

Lita took me to a gym not far from the arena. It was a small brick built building.

“It’s not a 5 star gym but good enough for a start and it’s the best you got. I hear that this place is great for beginners. Seeing as you need all the help you can get, I would definitely make this my new favorite hang out.”

* * *


“How was your day?”

I groaned as I threw myself on the couch, “Painful.”

Rob sat by my feet and took my shoes off, “Was it that bad?”

I laughed, “Not all of it.” Rob smiled and said, “Now if there was something we could do to forget about the all that hard work for a bit…”

He pulled my legs and then carried me to the bedroom, “Well look where we ended up, maybe it’s time for you and I to wrestle a bit.”

I laughed. It was such a bad joke, I had to.

He threw me on the bed and then climbed on top of me, he trailed kisses from my neck to my lips and I couldn’t help but smile. This was the distraction I needed after a long day of getting thrown around.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's crazy that this story was just an idea five years ago. I'm so happy to be writing again and finish what I started. Enjoy!