Settling Down with Rob Dyrdek

Have You Met Zong?

I slept over at Cristal's apartment that night.

The only problem with that was her dog Tate, named after the killer in American Horror Story. He always seemed to get into mishap, and this morning he was my alarm.

Covering my head with the pillow, I tried blocking out Tate's whining. Rubbing my eyes, I moved the blankets aside and picked him up. The small brown chihuahua quickly stopped crying and began licking my face.

Smiling at his high energy, I held him with one hand as I used my free on to grab my cell phone on the nightstand next to me.
I raised an eyebrow as I began looking through it and noticed that I had new voicemail. Letting go of Tate, I sat up and played the message.

I cursed outloud when I realized it was from John.

"Hey Cass, I'm sorry about not calling sooner, a lot has happened but I got really good news babe, I'll be home tomorrow night! Get ready baby, Imma rock your world, I know I got a lot of making up to do." He laughed at his dirty joke and then hung up.
He was coming home.

Tonight.

Only one word came to mind. Fuck.

My mind began racing. Shaking my head, I grabbed my phone and Tate as I made my way down the hall to Cristal's room.

I grinned as the familiar smell of weed smoke filled my nostrils as I made my way to her door and opened it.

Cristal looked up from her laptop and smiled as she motioned for me to sit on the bed next to her.

"Wanna hit this?" She passed her Zong, taking a quick hit, I exhaled slowly and looking at her said, "I got a fucking problem. A problem that's entirely your fault."

Cristal took her Zong and laughed, "What did I do?"

Her playful behavoiur wasn't ready for the shitstorm. I stared at her and blankly said, "John's coming home tonight."

Cristal looked up from her Zong. She had an eyebrow raised, "That's your problem?"

I looked at her, I must have been high.

How wasn't that a problem? I had a date. A date with someone besides the boyfriend I had lived with for 3 years.

Cristal snorted, she passed the Zong back She stood up and placed her laptop on the desk across from the bed and turning around said, "Yesterday you agreed this whole John situation was over. Its time to own up."
I sighed.

"You're right... you more than anyone knows I can barely stand the dick."

Cristal shrugged, "Honestly I don't get what you saw him in the first place."

I smirked, "I'm guessing it was just the D."

Cristal rolled her eyes, "You're distuging."

I laughed as I picked up Tate again.

"Rob and I are supposed to see each other tonight, how do I see him and avoid John at th same time?"

"Stay here till your date, enjoy your night, and face the lame tomorrow. Just don't tok comfortable with Rob-"

I sighed, "You don't honestly expect me to fall for him do you?" I shook my head, "God no, I can't even comphrened the place I'm at with John, I'm deffiantly not going to jump in with Rob."

Cristal sighed in defeat, "I'm just making sure Cassie, this whole Rob and Drama thing is temporary... we can't forget that."

Of course I couldn't forget, it was running through my mind constantly. Rob was being true to who he was and what he was doing, I was placed into his path to just mess with his head. He wasn't going to fall for me.

He couldn't fall for me, could he?