Settling Down with Rob Dyrdek

Girl Talk

12:00 p.m.

"He hasn't even hit me up. I knew this was a waste of time."

Cristal rolled her eyes, "You don't know that. For all you know he could be setting up the best date ever."

I inhaled deeply, "For all I know, John could be going home and I'm here with you acting like a hoe." I threw myself back on Cristal's bed, "This is a lame joke, the universe fucking with me for thinking about bad things."

Cristal playfully punched my arm as she flopped down next to me, "Stop exaggerating, you are more than capable to go out there and play with these guys, how many times has John done this to you? Not to mention, you're dumping his sorry excuse of a man soon. What does it matter what you do? You'll be single by the weekend."

"Do you really think it will be that easy? Come on Cris, I've been with the guy for three years. You don't just forget about someone with a snap of the fingers."

"You do if he's a piece of shit."

I sat up and turned to her, "Look I understand you're not fond of him but can you be a bit nicer about it."

Cristal shrugged, "I'm being honest about my feelings here, the guy's an ass. You can't honestly expect me to be nice about it after hearing so many crappy things and actually witnessing others."

I sighed, "I know he doesn't take the prize for being the best guy in the world but he wasn't always like that."

Cristal nodded, "That may be true but just like time changes, people do too and that person turned into a real piece of work. Like honestly, Cass… what made you stay with him so long knowing you weren't happy?"

I shrugged, "I guess it's because we have spent many years together and I got used to it. I accepted the way things were because I didn't think I could do better. And for your information, I wasn't the best girlfriend around either."

"I understand," began Cristal but was cut off with the sound of my phone.

I grabbed it from the nightstand and looked at the screen. I smiled once I saw Rob's name it read, "Hey gorgeous, just wanted to make sure we're still on for tonight?"

Cristal jumped on her bed and began bouncing, "I knew it! I think you owe me some food."

I laughed and asked her, "What should I say?"

"Say yes you idiot!"

I replied to Rob with a simple, "Yes."

He replied a few minutes later and said, "Can't wait, pick you up at 7."

"He's coming at 7!" I announced proudly.

Cristal snickered and said, "And you were worried, told you everything was going to work out. Now let's go grab some lunch, I'm starving."

I nodded and replied with a happy face and "Can't wait either."

After hitting send, I turned to look at Cassie and asked, "So what do you want to eat?"

5:00 p.m.

"So you have everything ready right? I mean you know how she can be-"

"Look, I said I got it, I got it. Trust."

John glanced down at his watch, he was early and he was happy about the gift he was getting Cassie. She deserved something nice after everything she had been through. He thought about his past mistakes and cringed, how could someone put up with all that crap? He shook his head and stopped his negativity, he could change. He was going to change.

He had come back from Florida a changed man; he had looked at temptation dead in the eyes and turned it down.

Somewhat.

"Dude, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean you were gone like two months, don't you think you should slow your way into this?"

John glared at Erick, "I don't need to slow my way through anything, I think I've waited long enough. Tonight I'm asking her to marry me."