You're My Only Cure

If not now, when?

"Oh, John " she whispered, pulling him closer to her naked body. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he trusted into her harder; for the last time. And for the first time with that passion for so long. Elise sighed, her eyes rolling to the back of her head.

John kissed her forehead and laid down next to her. They both were breathing heavily. Elise closed her eyes, wanting to pull closer to him, but then she heard sound of his cell phone. She looked at the watch. It was almost 1am. But John, instead of ignoring it, stood up, putting his boxers on and he answered it.

"Hey, Garrett. Yeah... No, it's okay, man. Yeah, I know where it is, see you in fifteen minutes" she heard his voice and she turned her face to him, raising her eyebrows.

"Are you leaving?" she whispered softly, her voice weak. " John... We're having sex."

"Actually, we're not. It's...already done. Garrett had a shitty fight with Falyn and he wants to talk" he shrugged, grabbing his pants. She looked at him with wide opened eyes. "Babe, I'll be back in an hour, or so. Then we can finish it if one orgasm isn't enough for you, huh?" he added and she could feel tears in her eyes. Was he serious? How could he even say something like that to her? She was his wife, not a random, stupid girl for a night-stand.

She grabbed her shoe and threw it into the door as she heard his car. She brought one hand up to her face to wipe the tears. How could he leave her? They hadn't had sex for months. But that wasn't even about sex. Because her favorite part of their days were moments just after sex; when he held her in his arms... When he moved his finger across her nose, unable to stop himself and when he kissed her eyelids, thinking she was asleep. But now... he left her.

She took a deep breath and already knew that she needed one thing. Actually, one...person.
Elise quickly grabbed his old band T-shirt, her sweatpants and Converse shoes. She got in her car and drove to house on the outskirts of the city. She parked and got out of the car and...smiled, seeing her mother, standing on the porch.

"How do you do it? How...do you know that your daughter is in trouble and she needs you? Even if it's 2am?" she asked, walking over to her. Her mom hugged her, kissing her head.

"You'll understand that someday" she smiled, talking her hand. They went to the kitchen. Elise immediately saw two bowls, cereal and a bottle of milk. She smiled widely. That was their thing.

Every time when she was younger, living with her parents or later when she got married, her mom always knew that something bad was going on with her. Every time when she went down to the kitchen, her mother was already there; whenever Elise called her mom, she already sat with the phone in her hand, or every time when Elise got in the car and she came to her parents, her mother was already waiting for her. Her mom just...knew.

She told her mother about that evening and about....all things that had happened before. She told her about how she felt and that she was sick and tired of her marriage. And she told her that it frightened her.

John was her husband. Her lover. Her friend. Her soul mate. Always. But now, he was a stranger to her.

And this feeling was awful.

"Dad was right" she sighed. "I should have been a layer, just like him and Jenna to make him proud. He never liked John, I should have listened to him."

"He wasn't right. He just....cared about you. You're his little girl, even if he doesn't show you that. It's just...his way. But he wants for you and your sister all the best" her mom smiled at her.

"Bullshit" she murmured. "He loves Jenna's husband. Jenna is that better daughter."

"That's not true, Elise. It's just... easier not to worry about her daughter, whose husband is also a lawyer. Or just not a...musician" her mom said, but seeing Elise's face added "John is on the tour eight months a year and his earnings depend on ticket sales and a better or worse album. Your father just worries about you. That's his role. But...well, remember when you had an accident two years ago?" she asked and Elise nodded. "You were in a coma and John was with you, not wanting to even go get something to eat. And one day your dad told him "you're a good man". You know, for your dad no man will never be good enough for you, but those words...he really meant it."

Elise smiled, feeling her heart beating faster. She had never heard this story, and even if she was mad at John now, she also felt happy that her father accepted him and her choice.

"But it doesn't change anything, mom. That was two years ago and John really cared about me then."

"He still cares, sweetheart. It's just a routine, you know? Anyway, both of you after such a long time need other things. New ones. Not dinners, flowers, not even sex. It's like...as you grow older your Christmas list gets smaller and the things you really want for the holidays can’t be bought. It's the same with marriage. The longer you are together, the more things change. There are many habits, but also many new needs. And at some moment you realize that each of you has different needs. And the only solution is acceptance. And talk. Honest, long conversation."

"M-mom..."

"I know what you want to say. That he's never home. But your madness and escapes are not the solution. Just think about it" she kissed her forehead. "I'll make you your bed. And you write him a text or something" she stood up, wanting to leave the kitchen.

"Mom?" Elise said and smiled at her mom slightly. "Thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. It's so shitty, I know! I really do. But I'd like to, uh, post already (ekhm, write) two or three last chapters. My favorite ones!

Thanks for your feedback, BUT I NEED MORE.

DON'T BE A SILENT READER! Please.

Oh, and Merry Christams! <3

Kisses, M.