You're My Only Cure

Good girls do bad things sometimes.

Please, read an A/N note.

***

Elise woke up to her phone ringing. She didn't even remember passing out or even laying down but actually, that was the most often thing she'd been doing since miscarriage. Since almost three weeks.

At least she forced her mom to get back to her house. So from a few days she didn't have to deal with her mom's worried gaze and questions - how does she feel or is she fine? She was not. How could she be fine?

Her body, her heart and her mind had had enough. She needed that rest.

The ringtone stopped and then started over again. She looked at the display and finally answered.

"W-Wow. Hi, you. I'm surprised you answered" she heard his voice and then he chuckled. She sighed, thinking how sick and tired of hiding from the world she was.

"Why's this so?" she tried to sound like everything was fine; like she was fine.

"I talked to John, a few times, actually. Apparently, you're ignoring his calls and the guys too for some time. Is it everything fine, because you don't sound like it is? And you've been hiding from your husband for awhile...so what the hell is going on, Elise?"

"I'm fine. I really am. Just...you know, I'm working a lot. I have a few new projects to do and well, I had a fight with John so...yeah, I just need some rest, I guess. But it's fine" she lied.

"Elise? We've been friends for, what, like...five years? And well, I'm still not over the fact that John met you first" he quipped and she smiled slightly. "Anyway, I know when something's wrong. But okay, you don't wanna talk about it? I get. But please, remember, you can always come over and just forget about everything for a couple of hours. I’m always there for you, okay?”.

***

And she listened to him.

Elise, after thinking about his offer for a few hours, went to his apartment. She needed a friend and she knew that she can trust him.

"Thanks for the dinner, it's good to not eat alone" she sent him a sad smile and he smiled back. He knew how hard it was for her and that she was hiding something. And he wanted to help her. He felt responsible for her, when John wasn't around. Elise took a sip of wine, or maybe two and he knew she was more relaxed and well, he just wanted to know the truth.

"It's my pleasure. So...let's talk about John. Why are you hiding from him? He's your husband" he asked. Elise shrugged.

"Is he? He's more a stranger to me than my husband since...a few months or even more" she responded bitterly, feeling a batch of tears start to tickle the ends of her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath. More crying? She thought she already cried her eyes out.

"Well, he's been kind of busy lately, but he still loves you and cares about you, Elise. It's just this new album and the world tour. It's a big thing for them. I bet he's sorry."

"He's...what?" her voice sounded weak. "I know it's his job and his passion. I really do! But he has no fucking right to treat me like this!"

"Elise - "

"Don't! Don't defend him. I know it's your role, but...just don't. And now he's sorry? Because what? Because I'm ignoring his calls and suddenly he's worried? Funny. But he wasn't worried when I called to tell him I was pregnant?"

Elise wanted to at least attempt to hold it together, but speaking about it so soon after it happened brought on a fresh batch of throbbing stabs to her stomach. She was crying. Again. Loud, heaving sobs.

"And he wasn't worried when I called to tell him I lost our baby?"

He couldn't believe in what she just said. But she was so... hurt. She stood up, trying to calm her nerves, taking deep breaths.

"I called him and you know what? Some drunk slut answered his phone" she almost whispered. He walked over to her and put his arm around her. He rubbed her back as she was crying in his arms. "I'm so fucking sick and tired of him and our life. I lost our baby. He wasn't here to help me. And I feel damn useless and... broken" she felt that her heart broke into a million pieces again, and this wine didn't even help her that much she wanted to.

He held her face in his strong and warm hands and wiped her tears away.

"You're not broken" he said softly.

"Y-You promise?" she asked and when he nodded, she...kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Two days and two chapters? Yaayy, right?!

Ok, so here's the second main reason of this situation, I guess. Because...do you remember her words "You screwed up, I screwed up even more... " So...yeah.

Tell me what do you think, who do you think this guy is? Tell me, don't be a silent reader!

Oh, and yup, I apologize in advance for the spelling and/or grammatical mistakes, but my native language is not English as you know and it's almost 2 am, uh.