You're My Only Cure

You can't save people. You can only love them.

Please, read the first chapter, if you don't remember it (look at the dates) and, of course, make sure you read the last one. Oh, and read A/N under this one. Enjoy!

***

He looked into her eyes, seeing how scared and tired of the situation she was. She probably didn't sleep well. She probably hadn't for a few days. Or for a long time. And Tessa helped her hide it under make up.

He didn't want to tell guys about it. He was hiding in their apartment, drinking and smoking. And ignoring calls from his friends. And it pissed them off. So after a few day he saw them in the apartment. John totally forgot that Jared had the keys to their apartment; he gave them to him once as he and Elise went to Europe on holiday.

They'd been talking to him for so long that he finally shouted out the truth. And now he was sitting at the court house next to Jared and looking at his wife. She was still his wife. It was supposed to be the 6th wedding anniversary in 8 months. But now they were going to get a divorce.

John thought about the first time he saw her. Elise was breathtaking. Wow - he remembered he thought that as he sucked in a deep breath. He couldn't even imagine that some girl with a few tattoos and short hair could be that pretty. She seemed to be unaware of how gorgeous she was. And she clearly didn't try too hard to look good. She was effortlessly beautiful, and it took his breath away.

He thought about her smile she gave him during their first date. And how happy and lightheaded he had felt laughing with her, dancing at her sister's wedding reception. God, he hated dancing. But she was the one who convinced him to do that.

He thought about how safe she had made him feel just by holding his hand, a moment before his first show. He thought about how she looked at him when he was singing to her. How proud of him she was. He thought about his mother's gaze when she met her. And her smile she gave him. His parents loved her from the first moment. And now he didn't even told them why he had decided to get a divorce. Although his mother was crying for so long. But he couldn't break her heart, telling her about Ross.

He thought about the kiss for the first time at their wedding. How right it felt. He thought about how sexy she looked, only in her lace panties and his old band t-shirt. He remembered how she looked naked. He remembered how the valley between her breasts glistened with sweat. Or the feel of her hands clawing at his back. And, damn, her post-orgasm giggle.

He smiled a bit, thinking that her taste in music was horrible. And that she totally can't sing. And how annoying thing was that Elise knew all the lines to every movie and she repeated them, even when he begged her to stop.

John looked at his friends, when Jared and Tessa stepped back, talking about something. John felt his heart strangely warmed, seeing Jared putting his hands on Tessa's belly. He was one of the few who knew she was pregnant. At the same time, his stomach felt knotted. He couldn't believe that wasn't him right now, in this situation.

He lifted his gaze to Elise. She was looking at Tessa and Jared, with tears in her eyes. She noticed John's gaze and she quickly turned around, feeling embarrassed that he caught her, he could swear.

Now or never.

He walked over to her, standing right behind her. He felt that she shivered.

"Come with me" he whispered. She turned to him, looking at him like he was crazy. "Come with me, Elise" he repeated and started walking to the exit. He looked at her, seeing she was still in the same place. His heart almost stopped beating.

She didn't want to fix it?

John walked over to her and grabbed her hand, squeezing it lightly. He didn't even know when they both began to run. They wanted to do the same. Get away from there as far as possible. And when she suddenly stopped, he was afraid that she changed her mind.

But Elise leaned forward slightly, trying to catch the breath and she took off her high heels. He held her face in his hands. She sucked in a deep breath.

"I miss you. I've missed you so much these past months. And I know it's my fault. I shouldn't have put you in this position. I never wanted you to feel that you're not in the first place. I've been so busy and so lost, but that's no excuse. It was just madness."

"Yes, but I shouldn't have... I had no right to..." she wasn't even able to make a sentence.

"I forgive you, Elise. For everything. And I love you. I still love you, even after days of trying to change my mind. I guess my heart wasn't having that. But I can't pretend that you didn't break my heart, probably as much as I broke yours. But it happened."

He heard her loud and heavy sobs. He hugged her and she buried her face in his neck, breathing in and out. John held her and rocked her softly.

"I forgive you, too" she finally said, pulling away so she could see his face. "And I'm not done with you but I'm not ready to be with you either" she added quietly. John nodded, feeling the same.

"So...where do we go from there?" Her shoulders dropped as he looked at him.

"Back to the beginning" he said and stuck his hand out. "Hi, I'm John. I play in a band, actually, I'm that hot one. I'm the lead singer. That says it all."

A huge smile crept across her face and she put her hand in his.

"Hi, I'm Elise. I'm an artist. And I have a weakness for musicians. Actually, I fancy the lead singers" she said and smiled, seeing his raised eyebrows and his smirk.

"Hot chocolate?" John asked and she nodded. He helped her put her shoes. And then they started walking to the one of the cafes. It was the first time in many months when they shared silence and it wasn't awkward. He noticed her smile. "I know that we're starting over, but can we like, you know, pause that decision for a second" he asked.

"Why"

"So I can do this" he said and then he kissed her. He sighed happily. So did she. It wasn't a passionate kiss. But it was a promise of things to come. And it left them breathless. "Do you think I should call Jared?" he asked. She nodded. " I hope that we don't have to pay a fine for insulting the court" he added, making her laugh. John smiled, hearing it. He waited for it for so long.

And even if he couldn't forget what happened, this moment felt so damn right. He chose to stay with her for all the things she had done right and not leave her for the one thing that she had done wrong. And he knew she was doing the same with him.

Even if they got lost and they hurt each other... They were the only cure for each other.

Because you can't save people. You can only love them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg, finally! I want you to know that this is the last chapter BUT I'm going to post a short epilogue in a few days.

I was so exciting, writing it but now, when I read it all, I don't know.. It's kinda shitty, isn't it? Especially the end of the story. Such a crappy. Uh. But I wanted to give them a happy ending.

Don't be a silent reader, I need your opinions about this and about epiloge and yeah, make my life better!

And I apologize in advance for the spelling and/or grammatical mistakes, but my native language is not English.