You're My Only Cure

“I’d choose you. Every goddamned time.”

Make sure you did read Chapter 8!

***

"Six years ago, I promised to love you for as long as we both should live. I never imagined that I would face losing you so soon, or the feeling of disappointed myself I would feel because of letting you down. Today, once again I promise to never make you feel that you're not at the top of my list. I'll try my hardest not to get annoyed when you whisper questions and comments during the movies. I will send you random messages and leave you silly gifts. Not always, not on schedule, just whenever I want to, whenever I think you need one. Or seven. Or twenty" he said and smiled, hearing her little giggle. And of course, he heard his mom's sobs. Elise wiped her tears, looking and their families and their friends and then she looked back at him.

"I will always make sure you feel safe with me. And I vow to love you, no matter what challenges might carry us apart. I promise that we will find way to back to each other. Again. And always. You are all I wish to know, to ever have , to ever hold" John added, squeezing slightly her hands. She gave him a big smile, his favorite one.

"I vow to never make you choose between me and your career. And I promise to have a smile and kiss for you whenever you come home. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to keep myself open to you, to share my happiness and trust you. I will love you even on the days you piss me off" Elise said seriously, then they both laughed. "I promise to be your best fan and support you with all my heart, screaming the loudest at your shows and always give you a butt slap in public. I promise to always yell at you instead of hiding my feelings. And I promise to never break your heart again. I will always love you."

"I will always love you" he said. "To the moon and back, remember?"

"To the moon and back" she repeated and let out a happy sigh when he kissed her and they heard cheering from the guests. It was a kind of kiss that made her know that she was never so happy in her life.

***

John huffed, seeing his brother smiling at Elise. She rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand, squeezing it slightly.

"You forgave me. Why not him?" she wrapped her arms around his waist. John shrugged. "Remember those words your mom always says? Those about forgiveness?" she asked.

"There's two kind of forgiveness. The kind of when you forgive you're also giving them another chance, or the kind where you forgive, but you move on without them - "

"Use them both wisely" Elise added. "Ross is your brother. I made you angry at him. It wasn't his fault. He wanted me to help. I was so broken when I lost our baby and..." she cut off, taking a deep breath. "He doesn't deserve that. Just try to forgive him, John. You gave me another chance. And I screwed up. So did he. But I can't imagine you moving on without him" she kissed his jaw and then quickly she slapped his butt a little with a little smirk on her face. John sighed and walked over to his brother.

***

"Do I want to know what is really going on between these two?" she heard Jenny's voice and looked at her and then she smiled, looking at John and Ross, talking and drinking some beers.

"No."

"So you're not gonna explain to me this situation? You wanted to get a divorce eight months ago. It broke my heart. And then you got back together. It made me happy. But you spent Christmas in Hawaii, just the two of you. And the next month, too. It broke my heart again. Christmas without you and John... it wasn't the same. It didn't feel right. And then you’ve decided renew your wedding vows. And I think it's amazing. But John and Ross... They're just... " Jenny sighed, looking at them. "I see them both trying to fix something. And I don't know how to help them."

"Being a mother isn't the easiest thing, huh?" Elise sent her a little, sad smile. Jenny grabbed her hands.

"In situation like that? It's awful. Awful. And…awful. But seeing that they can fix it? Seeing their smiles? It's the best thing ever."

Jenny sat next to her and Elise put her head on her arm. She smiled, seeing John’s gaze and he sent her half a smile.

"So just promise me, if he hurts you once more, you'll hit him in the face with a chair. It doesn't matter that his my firstborn. I give you my permission. And Jay’s” Jenny said, making her laugh.

"Just a promise?"

“It’s all I’m asking for."

"You got it, mama Oh."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. The last chapter...after two weeks? Finally, huh? And yup, it's an epilogue. I hope you all like it! Tell me your thoughts about it, don't be a silent reader.

I have a few ideas for one-shots and I still want to write two one-shots for Lorelei and John! I have two weeks off so... maybe ;33

Thank you for your love and support and all your comments.

zittalicious, kpcrow333, everdeen, lovelyhope, Sammy_Wessen, hiiamguesswho, ediemarieee, truebs13, angelful, pjfunnbunny, EverythingIsMusic and all of you!

And I apologize in advance for the spelling and/or grammatical mistakes, but my native language is not English.