Status: Give me some time, this is going to be a hard one

Fifty-Two

Four

Four boys came in the door around nine thirty. I was done with my tea and we were sitting on the couch watching a really bad movie. The guys had containers upon containers of Chinese food. “Hey, it’s the bird from the street.” The curly haired one spoke.

“Lydia.” I said, eyeing the food hungrily.

They set the food on the table and came over. “I’m Harry.” The name suited him. His hair was wildly curly, but his eyes had me drawn in, they were a beautiful green.

“Niall.” His accent was different than the others. His was Irish. He had gorgeous blue eyes like Louis and faded blond hair.

A boy with dark hair and eyes to match stepped up next. “Zayn.” His face was scruffy and he looked dazzling.

“Liam.” The last one spoke. He also had brown eyes, like Zayn. But he had short brown hair. “You look hungry. Unless your date was dine and dash, I doubt you’ve eaten.” Louis glared slightly. “We have enough, you should join us.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea.” Louis spoke up, probably replaying the gas station scene through his head.

I stood up and smiled, “I’m starving, that would be great.” Louis was about to say something but I shook my head.

I pulled up a seat and smiled as Louis sat beside me. The guys were asking questions about me at first, but then they got side tracked and started joking around with each other. I listened as they argued over some video game and smiled as I wished I had this. When I moved away from my family, I had just Kimmy. She did live with me at one point, but when I started getting better, she moved out. She was considering moving back, rent was too high and I was getting worse each day.

My mother was close to coming out with the rest of my family from New York. They were all worried about missing time with me. But I argued with them until they stopped trying to find a house nearby. But I knew in the next few months, she would probably do it anyway, moving the entire family, because she knew I wouldn’t leave LA.

Kimmy had sent me a text as we finished eating. where r u, babes?

louis’ house. don’t worry, his friends r here. i will b good. I replied.

“Tell mum you’ll be home soon.” Louis said, smiling as he handed me a fortune cookie.

“It’s not my mom, it’s my best friend. She’s just a little worried.”

Louis opened his cookie, taking the fortune and setting it on the table. “She has all right to be. I promise not to let anything happen to you, just let her know that.” The other boys were making kissy sounds as we talked. I ignored them, taking Louis’ fortune and reading it.

“Enjoy today as if it were your last.” Louis bit his lip and took the fortune away quickly.

“Let me read yours.” I opened my cookie and handed it to him. “You will kiss an incredibly handsome bloke in your near future.” I laughed as my cheeks started burning. I took the fortune and scanned my eyes over it. “See, it’s totally about kissing.”

“It’s gibberish.” I laughed again.

Louis smirked, popping a piece of his cookie in his mouth, “I’m fluent in gibberish.”

“Oi, get a room. I’m not sure my stomach can handle the cute.” Harry grabbed the empty containers and took them to the kitchen. The rest started helping and left Louis and I alone.

Louis pulled out his keys and laced his fingers with mine again. He took me to the kitchen and grabbed a lightly colored box. “In case you feel sick again.” He said, handing it to me.

The night at this point was going well. Louis had given me a chance and his friends didn’t seem to have a problem with me. They didn’t know about my…situation, but even then, I couldn’t see that bunch giving me much trouble. The thing was I thought that about other people before.

Louis had walked me to my door. He was standing there watching me stare at the red wood knowing Kim was probably waiting behind it to question me about every detail. Knowing her, she was looking through the peephole. “I had a good time.”

“Me too.” Louis replied to me. “I hope next time we don’t get in a fight outside a strange gas station.” We both chuckled slightly. “Listen,” This was the point most guys told me they couldn’t handle my baggage. “I just want you to understand, I like you, a lot. I don’t want to let, you know—“

“Cancer. You can say it.”

“Cancer, I don’t want to let cancer get in the way. I want to spend more time with you, Lydia…if that’s okay.” I nodded and he sighed. “Good. Tomorrow, we should thirty-six?” He questioned.

“That would require being at your house and a bit of skill.” Louis looked at me wide eyed. “Can you play guitar?”

“No, the ones at the house are Niall’s and Liam’s.”

“Then let’s wait on thirty-six. Plus, I have plans with Kim.”

“Bring her; maybe we can do something not on the list.”

I looked at the peephole. “Okay, I’ll talk to her about it.” And when I looked back at him, my heart was racing. He was leaning in slowly. I went to close my eyes to lean in as well, but he pulled back and rubbed his neck. “I should probably get inside.”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah.”

“Goodnight, Lydia.”

“Goodnight, Louis.” And then he had his lips on mine, just a quick peck. He was on his way down the walkway when I realized what had happened. “Goodnight.” I said again, turning to the door and walking in, not even caring that Kimmy was the one who opened the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here they are. What do you think will happen? Do you think Louis is genuine or is he just there for some fun?

xxBambi