‹ Prequel: Nocturnal
Sequel: Ethereal

Infernal

Chapter 28 - No Rest For The Wicked

Nina's POV

Phillip draped a comfort blanket over my shoulders, like I was in shock. Maybe I was, I'd been sitting in the same place ever since we came back. Phill knew taking me inside would result in me running back out.

He stood on his knees, in ratty clothes covered with bloodshed, my nose twitched.

"You should shower." It was an involuntary thought. Phillip met my eyes. "I said it out loud?"

"Yeah," my lips curled in like I'd tasted something sour. "I think I need more than one. A truckload of cologne, too." It was a weak attempt at a joke. Given what he'd been through these last weeks, I should've made an effort to smile.

Before I felt my eyes watering, I was already crying.

It wasn't fair. None of this was fair. My parents were dead. And maybe it was better that way, because I'd done terrible things. Killing was killing. It tore someone's soul apart—I'd done it twice! But it had been worth it, for the person who anchored me.

Now, Cameron wasn't here, everything was tumbling down into an endless hole of self-hate, guilt and grief.

Phillip touched my shoulder. I looked at him through millions of spilling tears, shaking my head side-to-side, covering my mouth, as I stifled a cry. Phillip's eyes were trembling emotions, heavy and saturated with a phantom I couldn't decipher. He was holding it together for me and that should've made me rear in my emotions. But just the thought of Cameron stuck in a parallel dimension—in Hell—it broke me.

"I can't..." I breathed shallowly.

Phill's jaw tightened and he leaned his forehead on mine.

"I know," he whispered softly. "I can't either..." His voice flattered for a second, then, his hand cupped my cheek wiping water trails. More took their place. "So, he has to come back. He has to come back because... because I can't... He just can't be stuck there." He swallowed thickly, lips wobbling. If this was anyone else, I would've thought it was from the cold. Phillip was a walking fire-breather. His lips weren't shaking because of cold.

We stayed out in the yard for what could've been minutes, seconds, to me it felt like infinite eternities wrapped into one big-crappy-holiday-present. For one stupid moment, I wondered what day it was. Had we missed Christmas? Phillip kept pulling the blanket around me, his thumb idly stroking my shoulder. I kept my head buried against my knees, praying for some sort of miracle if that's what it took.

But praying was overrated when there was no God listening.

I sniffed gloomily, catching a glimmer of silver on my wrist. The half-moon made it glow. I traced the slave bracelet, something that could never be taken off by anyone but Cam. Thinking of jewelry, my hand shot for the necklace around my neck. Fingers drawing shut around it, I repressed another crying fit.

A burn began in the back of my neck. My head shot up.

"Nina?" Phillip asked. I paid no attention struggling to my feet. The blanked dropped, this time Phillip didn't care. "Where are you going? Nina—wait!"

I ran out into the woods, where it was unsafe, like it was an open road. Branches smacked my face, so I put out my arms. They hit my legs and musk made it slippery. I didn't stop. With each step the hot-tingles got stronger, it meant I was closer—closer to him. I ran so quickly, for so long, that once I burst into a clearing I bent over, hands on my knees, panting.

I searched crazily in the shadows, where the moonlight didn't reach. The tingles were at their peak. It always felt like this when we were feet apart.

Twigs broke. I whirled to see where the sound came from. Rusty hair poked from mid-darkness. It was Phillip. He asked again what I was doing. I ignored him, already searching in a different direction. Left, right, back, front—my breaths came in shorter and shorter spaces. The clearing and all its trees began mixing together, into one giant, green-blob.

He has to be here. He has to be here. He has to be here.

He stumbled into the clearing's edge, holding himself with the help of a tree. His shirt was ripped open, a red circle covered his chest and his face was dirty like he'd clawed his way out of a deep buried tomb.

I saw him and he saw me. Suddenly, I could breathe again.

"Cameron!"

I ran across the distance, hurtling myself into his arms. His body swung back a step. Cam's strong arms held me in a safe-haven nothing could destroy. Mine tangled around his neck in a vicious grip. Our chests matched each of our breaths, his heartbeat was mine, and mine was his.

"Thank God," I whispered into his ear. "I thought you weren't coming back." Cameron hid his face into my shoulder and my fingers roped themselves in his hair. Half-sobbing, I kissed his neck. This was real, he was here. Like a rubber band snapping, I pulled my face back and held his chin fiercely. For the smallest minute, I thought I saw some other color in those deep eyes, strays of silver-gray. "Hey," I inhaled. "Are you okay?"

Looking almost humble—which was hilarious since 'humble' didn't belong in Cameron's vocabulary—he said, "I am now."

Once I refocused on his eyes, any trace of other color but obsidian, wasn't there. Boy, I was getting paranoid.

"It didn't work?" I asked, just to be sure.

Cam shrugged, I felt it rather than see it.

"I'm still me." He leaned closer so his breath washed over my face. "How did you find me?"

"I felt you..." I touched the nape of his neck. Cam shuddered. "Where were you? We ended up near the house!"

"Hmm, I'm not sure what I was thinking about once I got blasted into the Portal."

I backed out of his embrace, holding onto his forearms.

"Blasted?"

"Well," the starts of a rebellious smirk showed. "I couldn't resist a grand finale. If I came back and left the Portal standing, the Rebels would've just used it to come here. I don't like the idea of people trying to steal what's mine." Stealing what was... Cam winked at my baffled expression. Oh. I blushed.

"But wait—what about Jade?"

"And Serena?" Phillip's voice came from beside me.

The brothers eyed each other, having one of those moments of telepathic conversation. Cameron's lips itched into a small smile, like Phill's.

"I sent them ahead of me. The Portal takes people where they want to go on Earth. Jade doesn't know anyplace here." I mused. "I'd wager she's with the Witch. Wherever she thought of." Right. Not all supernatural creatures lived in Haven Hills. Where could Jade be?

"It beats being in Hell." Phillip muttered sullen, but I detected irritation and sadness in his voice. I wasn't the only one. Cameron was looking at his twin with a deep frown. "We should head back. I don't know about you guys but I'm sick of forests."

"I second that," Cam slapped his brother's back. "Actually, I'm all in for a vacation. Maybe a month at a Spa? I could use a deep tissue massage." He rolled his stiff shoulders for emphasis.

A smile grew on my lips.

We made our way back to their safe property. We were back from Hell, yes, so reality started to set in for me. The decision I'd made to stay in Haven Hills had been both impulsive and for Henry's protection. I hadn't even thought about where I would live.

"There's something you should know." Cam caught his brother's hand. We were standing on their wrap-around porch. "Before we left here, me and Raph went toe-to-toe."

Phillip heard it. Processed it. He scowled.

"You what?" Phillip flared. "Are you insane?" Cameron winced.

"A little bit, but that's beside the point. He didn't want us going for you, Phill. If it was for him and those stuck-up Angels you'd still be there."

Sighing, the younger twin nodded.

"Anything else I should know?"

"I lost Dad's wedding ring." Phillip looked like he was about to set Cam's hair on fire. "I took it so I could stay off the radar… it didn't work out that well."

I leaned between them a bit, biting a lip.

"I knocked Raphael out with Blood-root ash." Phill perked an eyebrow my way. "Aren't you proud of me?"

"Smarty," I stretched out an innocent smile. He visibly relaxed, looking at Cam. "You and I both know he's long gone by now. Some other Angel came and got him." He paused. "And I don't feel any Angel nearby, so can we please go inside? I need to shower."

Cameron let go, lifting his hands up in a placating gesture. Phillip twisted the knob, pushing the carved hardwood door. The lights came on before anyone touched a switch. I looked at Cameron with knowing eyes.

They walked to the parlor room's entrance, standing shoulder to shoulder. I hung in the background, afraid of interrupting their moment. Cam tilted his head, glimpsing at his brother.

"Welcome home, little brother."

The Phillip I knew would've smiled that boyish smile, the Phillip in front of me didn't.

"It's good to be home, brother." His hand clamped Cameron's shoulder, squeezing it lightly, before crossing the parlor room and going up the stairs.

Cameron rubbed the back of his neck. It was commendable how much he worried for his brother.

"What are you doing standing there? Don't tell me all that shyness came back."

"Don't start," I scoffed. He smiled, leaning his shoulder on the wall, eyelids slit. Challenging me. "I just... didn't want to get between you two. You were having a moment."

"Come here." Crossing my arms, I complied, copying him by leaning on the wall. He reached for my arms, uncrossing them. Gently, Cam took the silver band and pulled it open. A subtle red line was left behind. He traced it. "Phillip's not the only one who needs a shower."

I reared back, offended. He didn't help his case by chuckling.

"Relax, Rapunzel, I meant me." Ah. But he wasn't wrong. All of us could benefit from a wash.

"Our backpacks!" It occurred to me with dread. Cam didn't show much interest. "All the clothes V got me were in there." And a few other things I hadn't planned on losing. Like my wallet, phone, the book on plants and herbs Sabine gave me, the Azure Dagger...

"You can borrow one of my hoodies," his voice dropped, taking a husky edge to it. "I remember how much you like those." My face turned into a red glow-worm. "We can ask Vanessa for some of hers tomorrow. And she can return your car, too."

"I can't live on V's spare clothes..." I murmured to myself, knowing I'd have to access the money my parents left me. Henry's grandmother had given me the papers, they were somewhere in my guest room. "I'll have to go shopping for a wardrobe and a place to stay, while I'm at it—"

Cameron snatched my arm once I walked past him. He was frowning.

"A place to stay?"

"Well, yeah, Cameron. I don't know if you remember, but I'm pretty much a homeless teenager thanks to a group of pyromaniac Rebels." I forced a dandy smile, pulling my arm. He held on strong.

With one tug, my chest bumped into his bare one.

"Don't make jokes about that. It's not funny." He said icily. "You really think you don't have anywhere to stay?" His voice lowered.

My gaze escaped his, playing a futile game of hide-and-seek. Cameron's hold loosened.

"I don't know." I bit, shaking. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do... I chose to stay here without planning or thinking. It was... It was a rash call and then the Cambion-bite happened, we went after Phillip..."

Cameron took my face in both hands, tilting my head up. His glinting midnight irises silenced me.

"What do you want to do?"

I shook my head, "I don't know..."

"Yes, you do. Tell me what you want, Nina." My mouth parted soundlessly. His eyes hardened. "Why are you acting like a scared girl? I hate it when you do that—when there's no reason to be scared. I thought you were past that." His hands fell away and my bones chilled.

All the time we'd spent together had felt unreal. Like a fairy tale. A very twisted, gory fairy tale. Along the way, I'd become a stronger girl. I knew what I wanted and I went after it. Or maybe I'd been that woman all along and Cameron helped me see it. Either way, I didn't want to revert back to old-Nina just because this town was filled with bad memories.

I wanted to be that person all the time. Not just with Cameron. But I had to start somewhere, and truth was, I never backed down from his challenges.

"I want to stay here. With you." I stated watching him look over a shoulder. "I want to stay here with you and Phillip. That's what I want."

He stalked towards me until our faces were inches apart. His five o'clock shadow rubbed my chin when he talked into my ear, "What are you waiting for? Go upstairs and clean yourself up."

***

I wrapped my hair in a hand-towel and secured the bigger one around my body, walking out into the bedroom.

It was weird being back in this bedroom. The cold and impersonal guest room I'd stayed at after the fire, the bed where Cameron had nearly died of Cambion poison. Things worsened after I opened the closet to see if I'd left some underwear behind, which thankfully I had. The golden dress from Winter Ball stared back at me, along with the shawl. They were both dirtied due that night's incident.

I traced the silk ruffles sadly. With a heavy sigh, I closed the door, taking my clean pair of undies. Drying off, I slipped them on. Next, I pulled Cam's hoodie over my toweled-hair. It was pure black, soft cotton on the inside and huge—just like the last one. He'd said the other one had been his favorite.

What a jerk.

Inside the bathroom, I let my hair fall free. It was starting to curve, it would be one big mess once it was dry, but honestly I liked it. Whirling around, I stalked outside the room, heading for Phill's. Once I pushed my head in, I saw he was sprawled on bed fast asleep. Rusty hair was thrown about, sheets twisted at his hips and one arm hung off bed. With him lying on his front, I could see his back, just as perfectly sculptured as his brother's; the only difference was the triangle tattoo on his right shoulder. The same I'd seen in my dream.

It was a weird thing to get tattooed.

Slowly, I backed out, shutting the door.

Four steps later, I was turning another knob. A rush of hysteria tickled my insides as I pushed open the door to Cameron's bedroom. The lights were on, allowing me to see every detail clear as day. It was my first time seeing it, I leaned against the shut door taking it all in.

The first thing anyone would see walking in was the massive bed. Massive wasn't a big enough adjective. The bed's framing and four posters were dark mahogany, carved and detailed rustically. The bedding was black, plush, like the silver pillows sitting atop the raised mattress. It was all very masculine and classy.

The rest of the furniture was sleek black. The walls were the exact same blue as Phillip's but the differences stopped there. He had several shelves along the walls, without one empty book space.

Off to the left side, was an archway leading into a master bathroom. It looked like a stacked stone rain shower, judging by the walls and—I peeked discretely—the lone bathtub. Without charging in, I could see a huge countertop with a sink chromed in marble. Sounds of water running let me know there was a shower. On the right side, was an office desk with papers, laptop, highlighters, pencils, music charts. Standing next to the desk, was a propped guitar, different from the one I'd seen him play at school.

Cam strolled out of bathroom wearing only a towel around his narrow waist, steam rose off his flushed skin. My eyes lingered a little too long on the ridges of his hips. It made me lose all my bearings.

"What are you doing here?"

"I... was curious to see what your room looked like."

"Did it live up to your expectations?"

My gaze fell on the gleeful obsidian eyes. I jerked my head to the fourposter bed behind me.

"You could fit an entire sorority in there." Had I actually just said that? I had.

The cockiness gripping his lips overflowed any other emotion in the room.

"Interested in what goes on in my bed?" He walked closer, the panther-like grace making for a very distracting... Well, distraction. "The bed's nothing compared to the seamless shower." He nudged his head to the archway. "Want to check it out?" Cam purred beside my ear.

I got shivers, and my shivers had shivers. I felt my bones turning to jelly standing this close. Hotness spread in my body, making me see spots.

"You're so full of yourself, Cameron."

"That's not a 'no'." His brows wriggled.

I stood my ground, "You know what? Your bed needs to be that big—maybe bigger—so that you and your ego can fit without falling off."

Matting his wet hair back, he took my eyes with a fervent gaze. It had my lady parts quivering. Shoot.

"I like the new look," he put his hands on his hips, head cocked aside. His eyes traveled hungrily down my bare legs, causing me to shift. "Maybe you should lose the hoodie."

My lips thinned. I tugged on the hoodie's material so it would stretch. It covered just enough not to show my panties. Suddenly, that wasn't good enough. When I lifted my golden eyes from the hopeless situation, Cameron's fingers were untying the towel. A hand flew to my eyes.

"Seriously?" He was laughing. Not out loud, but inside, I just knew. "You're a freaking jerk." Doors or drawers opened and closed before I took a very quick peek between my fingers. I saw him in flannel bottoms. No top.

A sudden quietness struck. We stood there watching one another, waiting for one to speak, waiting for time to drop away. Driving each other nuts with just our staring.

"Phillip's asleep," I got out, tucking a semi-wet strand behind an ear. "Which means we're kind of... alone."

Cam bounced out of his stupor, nodding, "Yeah, we're alone. I mean, Phillip can sleep through a Metallica/Nirvana mash-up." I laughed. "Thank you," he said solemnly. "For helping me bring him back. You took a lot of unnecessary risks for him—for us—you didn't have to. I wanted you to know I'm thankful for that."

"I know." I said, feeling my throat burning with emotion.

"And..." he lifted his eyes off the floor to mine. "I don't want us to end up like Rory and Romeo."

My head tilted and my lips molded into a soft line, "Cam..."

"Let me finish." The strain of nervousness in his voice wasn't something I was used to. "In all the years I knew Courtney she never showed interest in anyone. I guess she never un-fell for that jackass. What I'm trying to say is, they spent centuries pushing each other apart for... whatever reasons and they still loved each other. Running and denial? It didn't solve anything." He pursed his lips. "And I'm tired of denying you, I can't. Because..." he stepped up and all of me reacted in a cold shiver. "Denying you is like denying life."

I couldn't help it any longer. I cupped his freshly shaved face, tracked his jaw line with a finger.

"What we have is worth it. I want to fight for us." His hands covered mine. "Is that still what you want?"

Dumbstruck with shock, the good kind, I nodded breathlessly. My brain was too jumbled for me to say anything, I wasn't sure there was anything I could say. Cameron took care of that little problem by matching his soft lips to mine.

Grabbing my face, Cam pulled me in with that rough edge I adored. His lips excited mine, tingling my whole mouth and beyond. His fingers fisted into the wavy mess, just as mine weaved through his. A need, bigger than anything else in this world, reared its head. I longed for him. He yearned for me. I felt it when we kissed on such a high level of desperation. I let my hands explore across his back, feeling Cam's hands travel down my sides, tapping me in all the right places.

His arms closed around me. We tumbled onto his bed, him on bottom.

I wasted no time caging his hips. Throwing back my hair, I looked down. His dark hair was in pure disarray making him sexier. His chest heaved uncontrollably. Cam's fingers smoothed down my legs. I shivered at the skin-on-skin contact. Leaning down, I placed a long kiss on those scalding lips. His head lifted, Cam nipped my bottom lip with slowness.

I returned the favor by rolling my hips against his center the best I knew. His body tipped towards mine. Then his hand found its way under the hoodie's hem, groping my butt—then my outer thigh. I moaned, as his other hand traveled under the loaned sweater, fingers ran up and down my back.

Minutes of foundling, kissing, caressing and some new mind-blowing stuff Cameron introduced me to, later, we were two hot and flushed bodies. I couldn't tell who was on top or on bottom. Cameron pressed a strong hand on my stomach pushing me down into a world of feather softness.

"Your bed's so soft..." Cameron pushed the sweater's hem further, kissing up my stomach, stopping just below my breasts.

"Not as soft as you," I made a grab for his biceps. "Or as fun." He half smiled.

My hands explored down his chest. I parted my legs, invitation clear. Before my thoughts became dirty—dirtier—Cam's body hovered above mine.

"You make me lose it." He breathed hard, fingers digging into the comforter on either side of my head.

I felt really small below him. My fingers crept up his muscled arms, curving along his shoulders, kneading the spaces between them. Knots of tension gave out. Maybe he hadn't joked about that massage.

"Nina," he husked, putting our faces closer, quivering slightly. "This will sound unbelievable but... We should stop."

My eyes strayed from his ripping abs, meeting his soft, honest black gems.

"What...?"

Cameron sighed deeply; the exhale brushed away unruly hair off my nose.

"If we go any further I won't be able to stop." He snuck a glance at the black panties, half-grimacing. "I'll probably regret this later, but screw it." Cam's face became serious with a touch of tenderness. "I want to take you on dates—take you to dinner, buy you flowers—whatever the hell boyfriends do. I want us to have what regular couples have. Not just... this."

By 'this' he meant our accelerating kisses, the passionate make-outs that drove my mind into next week and made the world outside stop. I loved 'this'. But I'd be damned if his words didn't cause stupid tears to rush to my eyes.

"Don't get me wrong," he said, exposed and raw to me. "I want you—I want this really bad and it's torture to stop but... Yeah, I want to do it right."

Crap on a cracker. My eyes were stinging blisters ready to pop.

"I might cry..." I warned in a squeak.

An eyebrow arched as he tried to pull a smug front to cover up his sweet one.

"I never knew you wanted me that badly—"

"No, idiot, it's not because of that..." I trailed off when he smiled an epic smile. My heart warmed to the point I thought it would overload. "You really want us to do this right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, well..." I tried keeping some bursting happiness to myself, he saw through it. "I think it would really help if you put on a shirt."

He tipped his head down, allowing me to savor a fluttering kiss, just before rolling off me and his custom-made bed. He fished inside the dresser, coming up with a grey wife beater. It acted like a second skin.

Once he came back, I tugged down the hoodie and his arm wrapped over my hip and back like ivy. The pads of my fingers chased his jaw absently. He nudged my nose with his. I let out a giggle. I hadn't felt this happy or carefree since I'd gotten drunk.

My smile flattered a little.

"What's up?"

I cupped the back of his head, "I just thought about Rory." A shadow of ache crossed his face. "I didn't know her well, but I know she was like family to you." Closing his eyes, he nodded.

"She was," he admitted. "And I'll always be grateful for what she did. Even if that douchebag turned on us, we got to Phillip. Without her, it wouldn't have been possible."

That was all he said before falling into heavy thoughts and silence. I decided it was best to change the conversation, so, he told me what happened after Romeo sent us through the Portal, sparing no detail about his great escape. I told him how I'd felt after coming back, how I'd been lost, scared and even guilty for leaving him behind.

We talked, kissed and just laid there for hours as exhaustion soaked our bodies.

At last, I felt my eyes flattering closed. My whole frame curled into his and he made a deep sound.

"I love you." I whispered, I could swear I felt his heart stutter under my palm. "I love you, darling."

Cam's POV

Cameron.

I turned over.

Cameron.

My name echoed again, closer. Shaking my head, I ignored it.

Cameron.

This time it sounded much deeper, and not just once. When I tried pushing it away, I couldn't. It only made it worse. Like something was fighting from inside me. Soon, my name was playing over and over inside my brain like an oldie.

Cameron.

Then I felt it—something—pulling me closer. It was a hella lot stronger than plain gravity.

Cameron.

Sudden light bashed my eyes, I half-closed them, turning my head slowly. It wasn't my room. I wasn't even in my bed. I was lying on cold, white floor in a circular room, where the walls were all black—all except for one.

My eyebrow arched as I looked down. I was barefoot, wearing the same things I'd fallen asleep in. There wasn't a light source, but everything was bright and cold. Very cold.

"Cameron..." I made a sudden turn around. Found no one. I heard it again, again and again like a vicious cycle. No matter where I turned, I saw no one.

Until I did see someone. Myself. My reflection in the mirror-wall. I looked at it, cocking my head down and up, trying to figure out where I'd woken up.

I heard someone calling me again. And this time I knew. It had been me, well, mirror-me. His lips had moved. Mine hadn't. Edging closer to it, I reached out a hand, touching the reflective surface. My reflection didn't copy me. Instead, he smirked smugly.

I was ticking myself off. How rich.

I leaned in and that he copied perfectly, game-smirk still on.

My muscles froze once black eyes began turning gray. Hair shifted into a softer looking version. My shoulders filled out, my image became taller, turning me into someone else, a guy who could pass for a College dude but was probably older than Earth.

"I thought it would be easier to draw you in. Congratulations for surprising me." Lucifer clapped his hands mockingly.

I tried speaking but it was like I had a ghost choking me. What was this?

"We're both inside your body, in your head, but this isn't a dream." He crossed his arms, delighted. "There's a place inside your body made just for your soul. A home, you could call it. This place is a representation of your soul's home." I took another glance around. Black walls, cold place. Sounded like me.

"If it's the place for my soul how are you here? Serena cut the ritual short."

Shrugging, Lucifer leaned both hands on the other side of the mirror. I resisted taking a step back. He wouldn't come through. He wouldn't—a familiar pain shot through me. The same stab I'd felt before escaping Hell. Somehow, I knew I couldn't give in, I had to push back. I went right up against the mirror and smacked it.

Lucifer flew back a good couple of feet. The pain ceased.

It was my time to smirk.

He laughed, getting up from the distance, coming back.

"This is going to take a while," he mused with a strange glee. "If the Witch had done everything I'd be in control right now, this way, I'll have to get some energy back. Too bad."

"How did you get in here?"

"A magician never reveals his tricks." Mussing his raven hair aside, he looked me sharply in the eyes. "If two souls exist in one body they can't both be in control. There's a dominant one—the one in the 'main room', the one who controls everything. Then, there's the one in the dungeon, it can't control anything."

"I'm dominant."

"For now," my jaw clenched. "What I was doing? Trying to break through? Once I do that, and I will, you'll be the one trapped in this mirror and I'll control your body's every move, every thought will be mine."

I would never admit it, but my fingers were twitching and my shoulders were tense with horror. What if it happened? He was inside me.

He was inside me!

"There's nothing you can do," he said dramatically. "But don't worry about it. After I get what I want, your body will be yours again. Just hope Nina's talented enough to find what I want."

"I can find a Witch to get you out." I threatened stepping up to the mirror.

He gave me the cockiest grin ever, "Did I forget to mention you won't remember any of this?" My face paled, falling in thousands of pieces. He laughed right at me. "Don't look so helpless, it's not a good look on you." My hand became a firm, shaking fist. "Enjoy what little freedom you have left, Cameron."

"No—"

I slowly drifted in darkness, heart pounding massively when a sudden shake danced through my whole body. I shot up, breathing large gulps of air. The bedroom was engulfed in shadows. Red numbers flashed four in the morning, sweat dripped down my hair line. I wept it away.

The bed sunk a little more next to me.

"Hey..." Nina leaned into my side. "Bad dream?" She asked, all heavy-lids and sleepy concern.

I frowned, digging around but coming up empty handed.

"Don't think so," my voice came out muffled as I rubbed my face. "Just felt like... Like I was falling."
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you guys see that coming? I hope not, I wanted it to be surprise. I mean, that's what Lucifer wanted all along but they all thought it hadn't worked.

Well, I really hope you liked this story and it'll be continuing in Ethereal. I hope you all continue to read it and thank you for the wonderful comments some have left ;) Please let me know what you think of this ending!

Oh!

I have some news for you guys :) I've done a summary on Infernal. A summary video! And I'm so pumped about how it turned out! I just kept hearing that Lana Del Rey version of Once Upon A Dream? I was listening it a lot when I wrote the ball, I actually imagined they were dancing to that song because it's one of my favorite from 'happy ever after' land. And the more I listened the more I thought, yeah this kinda suits them, because of Nina's dreams and stuff... but enough rambling! I went and searched for scenes that were the closest things to the book scenes and I even managed to find a pretty good match for when that gooey stuff from the Hell Gate comes out! That was actually wow... never thought I'd find it. So yeah, I'm happy as cuckoo bird :3

So if you'd like to check it out here it is Once Upon A Dream - Cameron and Nina