Faceless

Prologue

A loud bang shot through the darkness of the night. Death, fear, and sadness hung in the air as the vibrations of the sound passed and finally descended into nothingness. There was a deathly quietness in the air. The type of quiet that something went horribly wrong. The type of quiet which makes every bone in your body scream for deliverance of a sound; any sound for comfort, any sound to break the shock of what had happened.

Short fast breaths, she fell to her knees as the pants on her legs began to soak in the pool of blood, which grew larger until it was all around her. “What have I done?” she whispered with a shaky breath as she squeezed her eyes shut. A tear rolled down her face, splashing into the blood around her. The only thing going through her grieve filled mind “Was it over? Had this horrid nightmare of hell finally come to pass?”

She opened her eyes slowly and looked down at the shotgun. She could not stomach to hold it a second longer. Shoving it aside roughly, it slid into the dark side of the room and slammed into the wall with a loud thud.

Standing up slowly with shaking muscles, she tried to hold back to tears of defeat, pain, and sorrow. She began to move as she stumbled over her feet moving through the thick, slippery, pool of blood below her. Looking down, she looked at the source of the blood. “What is reality?” she asked herself as she began to slowly make her way out the door; she needed answers to unanswered questions, and most of all to get away from the hell driven memories that are forever branded into her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is super short and I promise the rest of the chapters will be much longer! Bear with me!
Xoxo♥