Status: Slow updates

Project Speed-Up

"You know, those are some beautiful pictures." He said, staring in my eyes.

"Thanks. I hope to take photos for AP Magazine or something major." I said while putting the camera around my neck.

"When we go to Warped, I'll make sure to have you as our photographer." He remained silent for a while. I kicked the air, making the tree branch shake. "Thank you for being my friend throughout this. I've told you stuff, I've kept bottled up for so long. You don't know how long I wanted a friend to explain this too."

"It's okay. I should be thanking you. Life moved so fast when you all came in. I'm glad. I'm free from my parents. I'm touring with a devoted boyfriend, but most of all, I have a best friend I can trust. Someone who I can fall back on and I haven't had a friend like that since Anna. So, thank you Devin." I pulled him in for a hug. "I think buses are cranking soon. I'll see you home, okay?"

"Of course. Remember, my offer stands. We play Warped 2011 and I want you there."

"I will be waiting." I remained silent for a while, just remembering all the crazy nonsense that has happened. Devin leaving high school to be in a band. Me, leaving high school to be on the road with my boyfriend and my best friend graduating and never speaking to me again. But it didn't matter.

I have Devin.

"Devin," I spoke after a while.

"Hmm?"

"I love you." I pulled him in for another hug.

"I love you too." He spoke into my hair.

"I hate goodbyes." I whispered, tears pouring out.

"This isn't goodbye, this is just a see you later." I pulled back and stared into his water eyes. I gulped and nodded, pulling him back to me.

"See you later." I whispered before jumping from the tree and walking into Lou's arms, walking towards the parked tour bus. I turned around to wave at Devin, but he was already gone.

Summer Parker, Beaten, raped, losing hope. All she wants is a best friend. But when she gets the chance to show her photos, all she has to do is hang out with a boy named Devin, his brother Andrew and his pack of friends. Along the way, she meets new friends, finds hope, and most of all, finds love.