Status: Punch me now if you want...

Broken

Please Don't Judge Me

Six hours later, Sidney and I had finished the guest bathroom, my bedroom, and my office. He had also, very kindly, helped me set up my bedframe and set my mattress up on it.

“So, do I need to scrounge up some dinner,” I asked after rinsing out the paint brush.

“I’m not sure you have any more things to scrounge up. How about we head over to my place and I will cook for you.”

“I thought I was supposed to be repaying you for helping me paint my house?”

“Maybe I just want to spend time with you?”

“You’ve spent all day with me,” I said, hip checking him lightly.

“Well I guess I want to spend some more then.” I blushed lightly, taking a few steps away from him.

“Then what’s for dinner?”

“I have no idea.”

Thirty minutes later, we were in the car and on our way to some pizzeria in town that Sidney had claimed was ‘the best he’d ever had.’ I was still fairly nervous about going out into public. Sidney seemed to completely ignore the fact that my eye was blackened, but other people didn’t. I’d already caught people staring at me while I’d been out and about. I was even more worried about the fact that everyone but Sidney seemed to know what it was from; I could see it in their pity-filled eyes.

“You ok over there,” He asked, poking me in the shoulder. I smiled softly at him and nodded.

“Yeah. I’m fine.”

“You’re going to love this place, Darb.”

“Oh, so we’re using nicknames now?”

“I’m sure you’re tired of saying ‘Sidney’ all the time. Might as well call me ‘Sid.’”

“How thoughtful of you,” I said, rolling my eyes. He reached over and shoved me playfully. However, somewhere in between the reaching and the actual playful shove, my subconscious got the best of me, causing me to flinch very noticeably.

“Are you okay,” He asked, a look of concern flashing across his face.

“Fine. I’m fine.” He pulled off to the side of the road, putting the car in park quickly. He turned in his seat to look me in the eyes.

“Stop lying to me. Please.”

“I’m not lying to you, Sid. I’m just not comfortable with you knowing my secrets yet.”

“We can’t be best friends if we don’t share some secrets.”

“Who said I wanted to be best friends with you?”

“Just tell me, please? I promise I won’t judge you.”

“After dinner. I don’t want to ruin your meal. I know you’re probably starving.”

“Fine, but I’m not letting you out of this.”

We continued on to the pizzeria, where we both ate quickly, and in complete silence. Sidney was obviously in a rush to hear what had happened to me. He covered the bill and then hurried me out to the truck, where it took much less time to get home than it did to actually get into town. I unlocked my front door and invited Sidney in. After getting him seated and comfortable on the couch, I entered the study to dig out the one box I hadn’t wanted to open for many years. Sid stared as I brought the big box that very clearly said ‘Do Not Open’ into the living room.

“Just please don’t judge me after this. It’s not easy for me to tell you.” He nodded solemnly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is short, but the next one's got all the juicy stuff in it!! Hope ya'll enjoy it! Leave some comments or something! Let me know how you feel! Love you!
Andrea

p.s. I am going to go ahead and warn you that nothing in the next chapter is true. It is completely from my own imagination and it is in no way compared to any real person or real life event.