Status: Punch me now if you want...

Broken

It's a little soon isn't it?

With an end date on my cast, Sidney and I left the doctor’s office.

“So, two more weeks huh? You excited?”

“Thrilled. I’ll be able to do a lot more around the house with this dumb thing off!”

“As long as you don’t overdo it. You’ll still be healing after it’s off.”

“I am well aware,” I said, sticking my tongue out at him while climbing into the vehicle.

“Just making sure,” He said, raising his hands in defense. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Sidney?”

“Yeah?”

“Where is this dog that you keep having to go check on?”

“Well if I keep having to go check on her, then I would assume she is at my house.”

“Then how come I didn’t see her when we were there for dinner awhile back?”

“I have no idea. My sister probably had her or something.”

“Well, I’d like to meet her.”

“My sister?”

“No. The dog, dumbass.”

“Then let’s go meet her.”

“Right now?”

“Would you like to wait another week? I mean, we might not be into this deep enough for you to meet my dog.” I shot him a dirty look, making him laugh.

“Let’s go then Smartass.” We turned onto our street and passed my house, heading into the more expensive half of the street.

“Here we are,” He said as we pulled into the large driveway. As I jumped out of the car, I started to hear excited barking from inside the house.

“I can’t believe you leave her here alone all the time. You’re such a horrible dad,” I shouted as I raced him to the front door. He rolled his eyes and unlocked the door, allowing the excited dog into the front yard. The yellow dog ran a quick circle around the yard and then jumped at Sid, tongue dangling and tail wagging excitedly. I squatted down and called her to me, waiting for her reaction. She sniffed my hand and then jumped into my lap, pushing me over.

“Sammy, no!”

“She’s fine, Sid. My lab used to do this all the time,” I giggled out while she licked my face excitedly.

“Let’s go inside girls. I figure it’s time for me to cook for you Miss Darby.” I rolled my eyes and took his hand so he could help me up.

“I’m kidnapping her. It’s official,” I told him while he rummaged through his fridge trying to find something to make.

“You might have to fight my family on that one. They kind of like her.”

“I’m sure they’ll understand. Besides, why get my own when I can kidnap yours while you’re away?”

“I’m not so sure about that one!”

“So what’s for dinner Chef Sidney?”

“I can grill up some steak?”

“Anything else, Captain?”

“I don’t really have anything else.” I rolled my eyes.

“Give me your keys. I’ll go up to the store.”

“What are you going to get?”

“Broccoli and some potatoes so we can have a well-balanced meal? I’m sure your trainer would prefer it that way.” He grimaced and then pulled the keys out of his pocket and tossed them to me.

“Be careful,” He warned. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door.

“I’ll bring your car back safe. Don’t worry, Kid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop! I got everything updated in a week! I just got a promotion at work so idk how often I'll be able to update, but my best friend keeps hounding me so I'll do my best! Love ya'll!

Andrea