Dizzy Little Dreamer

Chapter One

“Julian! Time to get up, Darling.” My mom calls, invading Caelan's dream. No one in his dream can hear her, but me. I reluctantly go back to the T.V room and out the door, waking myself out of my sleep. I open my eyes slowly and yawn “Are you up, Dream?”

“Yeah, yeah.” I call back and yawn again, slipping out of my bed slowly. I stretch until my back pops, and shuffle out into the hall. Serenity runs past me and I have to press against the wall to avoid getting hit by her. She giggles and yells back her apologizes. I wave her off, and rub my eyes, trying to get some sort of sleep out of my eyes.

I walk down the stairs and to the kitchen, they lead too. My dad is sitting at the table, reading a newspaper. He's muttering about how the world is going to shit and all this stuff about the news being lies. My mom is being a good little housewife, and cooking at the stove. I sit down, placing my head on the table. “Maggie says you need to sleep more.” I look at Serenity with a glare. She shrugs and starts eating the food my mother set down for her.

“She's right dream. Sometimes, you gotta stop watching T.V and just rest.”

“Mom, I've tried. The noise is over powering, and I can't sleep. It's like everyone wants my attention but I'm too tired to give any.”

“Well, turn it off.”

“I can't!” I shout. I don't mean to, I'm just too exhausted to stop the raising in my voice from coming out. Out of no where, my body calms down and I'm back to resting my head on the table. “I hate when you do that.” I mutter to my father, who just smirks at me and I smile back. It's hard not to smile at someone whose kind of controlling the emotion in the air.

“Jule, take your head off the table and eat something, please.” My mother says with a smile. I groan and pull myself up. I smile at my mother before starting to eat. Her cooking wasn't all bad, just not the best. Sometimes, most times, she burnt it. But we deal with it, and dad usually slips us five dollars,at the end of the week, per meal just for keeping our emotions low and controlled away from mom's knowing sense.

After breakfast, I walk upstairs to shower and to change. As I shower, I hear a Serenity yell at someone. Probably a 'friend' that only she can see. I get out of the shower, to hear the yelling increase. Dad's not home to defuse the situation, as he has to work, even on weekends. I change really quickly, to run to try and get her to stop screaming. I walk into her room, to see her yelling into thin air. “Who are you yelling at, like that?” I call to her.

“Fucking, assholes back! He thinks just because Dad's not here, that no one will know he's hear.”

“Did you try burning sage?” I say, running to her dresser.

“Duh. I'm not an idiot Jule. He just laughed at me.” I shake my head and sigh. “He said that you're going to get into trouble.”

I look at her, seriously. “What am I doing, to get into trouble?”

She closes her eyes before opening them, now darker than normal. “You're spying. You need to stop. People get angry!” She said in a deeper voice. I know it's him, but I don't care.

“Let her go. NOW!” I yell loudly.

It's quiet for a moment, like he's thinking about it, before he chuckles. “You think I'm in here, just to stay? I'm trying to help you, you imbecile. Stop what you're doing.”

“I can't. You know I can't.” I grumble. My sister's eyes roll before he let's her go and she falls to the ground. I run over to her and pick her up in my arms. I lay her on her bed, knowing she's going to need to rest to gain the energy back that he stole from her. I walk out of her room and sigh. I'm too exhausted to deal with ghosts who think they know what's going on, and possessed sisters. I'm too tired to deal with mind controlling dads and feelings knowing moms. I just wanted to go back into Caelen's dreams and watch him have fun again. I pretty much crawl to the couch. A way to sleep, and be around family at the same time. Mom loves to know what we are doing when we are doing it, and it seems the closed doors don't help us. She can feel what we feel and sometimes that paranoids her into thinking we're trying to kill ourselves.

I lay down on the couch and sigh. I place my arm over my closed eyes and get comfortable on the couch. I suddenly feel myself falling into my T.V room. I look at the monitors and smile when I see Caelen's smiling face. He's at a party again, the same party he always is in. Sure, he changes it, changes the people, the ending, his clothing, but it's always a party. Like his mind doesn't want to forget this party. I never really understand why he's always dreaming, but I figure he's just a big day dreamer. I mean sometimes I can't find him, but as of recently, I can key in every time he's dreaming. I close my eyes for a second, and then I feel the bass surrounding me. He's talking to a girl, wildly, using hand gestures and big open mouthed words. He's excited about something, and the smile that is slightly seen, is showing that he's happy about something.

Caelen looks over at the boy sitting in the corner, whispering to a friend. Yes, Caelen is gay. I know this, because he always seems to wear something rainbow, and is always staring at this boy. I don't know this boy, but Caelen seems to like him.

I grit my teeth as I see Caelen's friend push him towards the boy. The boy looks up and smirks at Caelen. He doesn't deserve to smirk at Caelen like that. Especially not because I know what happens now. They talk, they flirt, then they start walking to the stairs and then the dream is switched, to a different place, different memory, and Caelen makes everything bright and shiny. It's a happier place, every time. Like he's trying to get rid of the party he so wants to remember, yet so wants to forget. I don't understand him really, but I'm not allowed to ask him.

This time, it changes to a beach. A bunch of friends are standing off to the side, playing volleyball. He usually plays with him, but today, he's away from them, drawing pictures in the warm sand. I sit on an empty towel, a few feet away, unseen, or so I think.

“You're in my dreams too much for me to not notice you.” I look around to see who he's talking about before he snaps, not even looking up from his drawing in the sand. He snaps his fingers and we're in a park, facing each other, his clothes changed into a gray V-neck, black skinny jeans, and a pair of Tom's on his feet. A gray beanie slouches over his straight brown hair.

I look down at my wrinkled clothes, black tee-shirt, blue jeans, and my brown boots. He tsks at me, before snapping his fingers, and I'm in my blue jeans, and a white wife-beater and checkered vans. “Why'd-?”

“Doesn't matter.” He smiles. “Why are you in my dream? I don't know you, so you can't be a figment of my imagination. And you never actually say anything, just watch me from the corner. Anywhere, I decide to go.” I gulp, not knowing what to say, how to say that I'm a dream jumper. “Take your time, I've got all the time in the world.” He says smiling.

“My name is Julian.” I say, trying to start off somewhere.

“Okay. That's a start. Julian, it's nice to meet you. My name i-”

“Caelen, I know. I've been in your dreams too many times not to know you're name.” I say with a shy smile. That didn't make me sound like a creeper at all... Okay maybe a little.

“So you've been stalking me, that's cool. I get that you stalk me, but that's not what confuses me. What confuses me, is that I'm dreaming, and you're here. How can you stalk someone in their dreams.”

“I'm not stalking you! I just find you interesting, so I usually find you're dreams to come to. That's all.” I try and defend. I still sound creepy as hell. “I'm a dream jumper.”

“A dream...jumper...? Is that like a creepier version of a dream eater?”

I shake my head. I'm not some kind of dream eaters. Do they even exist? “No, I jump, dreams... I don't have my own dreams, I just jump into someone else's when I sleep.”

“That doesn't sound healthy. How long has this happened?”

“My whole life. It's not really healthy. I'm always tired, but I can't stop it. So, why not make it fun? You have fun dreams.” Caelen smiles and blushes slightly.

“Thanks. You're sweet.”

“You wouldn't know how many people I've gone to who dream some freaky shit.”

“Nightmares seem to be freaky.”

“I'm not just talking about nightmares.” I say slowly before shutting in fear. Caelen giggles and I swear I just died and went to heaven. It's like music to my ears. It's not fair that he's easy on the eyes and has the voice of an angel. Is this possible? Is he human? I shake my head at that thought. I'm an idiot. “So how did you learn to dream shift so well? I've never met anyone who can dream shift as well as you.”

“When you live in a dream for a while, you learn.” I look confused before I'm being called to from my mom.

“I have to go Caelen.”

He nods and smiles. “I'll see you later right?”

“I'll be here.”