The Challenge of Reality

Chapter One

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste, and see then “real” is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. The Matrix (1999).
From when we are born until we die we spend our time in a conscious state of mind. To understand the “Consciousness” let us first define what the consciousness is. The conscious is defined as “The state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings. (Google)”. For many, one way for people to learn and come to conclusion is through nature. Through history as humans have evolved, nature has evolved with us. A great example of nature growing with us is what some would call “Magic Mushrooms”. Some believe that there is a reason as to why mushrooms have evolved with us and decide to eat these mushrooms to open new pathways and thought processes in the brain.
We start off with our couple Mr. Robert Page and Mrs. Lucy Page. Robert Page was like any other man you would see in the streets, he was six foot one, very handsome, slim, well dressed, and just a tad pale. He knew very many people and was overall very liked by everyone. He was a very talkative person and many loved them because of it.
Lucy on the other hand was a very quiet young lady. She usually did everything Robert told her to do, never really have a mind of her own many would say. Both were in their early 20s and had just got married. There was always something about Lucy though; her appearance would bring chills to others. Lucy had very long, dark, straight hair, very slim, and was also very pale. Robert always said her eyes were what drew him to her. He always said when he was around her he felt like he was in the sky with diamonds. Looking into her eyes would feel like an illusion and staring at them too long could easily lose one.
One warm summer evening, Lucy was in the kitchen cooking dinner for Robert as she did every night. Robert seemed to be the perfect husband but did have his angry outbursts when something did not go the way he wanted it to. Lucy was aware of this and did everything she could to keep him happy.
As Lucy is making food the voices in her mind start once again. Well, you see, Lucy suffers from schizophrenia. Lucy does a good job of hiding it, it’s the reason she is so quiet and always alone. Not even Robert was aware of her brain disease. The voices seem to get more difficult to control as she gets older.