The Challenge of Reality

Chapter Three

The couple goes back downstairs and Robert, no longer hungry, decides to sit in the living room and asks Lucy to join him. After about 40 minutes both feel their bodies become extremely tense and heavy. This feeling only lasts a couple of minutes, after a while their bodies feel very relaxed.
Robert looks over to the wall and the walls seem to be moving, it looks like a swirl of colors on the wall. He says he feels free and able to do anything. Everything he sees, touches, tastes, feels very vivid, like nothing he’s ever felt before. He decided to walk outside and enjoy nature, all the trees and animals. He says he finally feels one with everything around him. Robert decides to sit outside and after a couple hours walks back in.
Robert seemed to be having a good time; on the other hand Lucy was having a very bad time. Lucy didn’t know what to do or think. She felt very paranoid, she felt as if something was out there to get her. She sat in a corner by herself, whispering, assuring herself everything would be alright. Lucy describes the world as a scary place. She over analyzes everything and she can’t handle all the things going on around her.
As Robert walks in he sees Lucy in a dark corner mumbling, he can’t exactly make out the words she is saying. As he gets closer he hears the words “No, I refuse to kill him” he slowly backs away.
Lucy slowly starts to get louder and soon is shouting to what seems to be herself. Robert walks cautiously toward her and tries to calm her down. She looks up at him with absolutely no expression.
Robert looks into her eyes and it seems like her eyes have become dark, very terrifying. She whispers “sorry” and stabs him in the stomach with the knife she had. Robert collapses to the ground, he sees Lucy for a couple seconds, she whispers “darling you have to realize what reality truly is”, and then everything goes dark.