Look for Me in Rainbows

See Y'all When You Get Back

"Can we make a sign for him like drivers do when they pick people up?" Maggie asked Patrick. It was the day Jonathan was coming in to town. Maggie and Patrick were going to pick him up in a little.

"I don't think he wants to be mobbed by people." Patrick answered.

"Oh please." Maggie said. "No one from here likes the Hawks. They're more likely to mob him with pitchforks."

"Okay then. We'll make a sign." He winked.

"Yes!" Maggie pumped her fist the ran off to get some paper and markers.

When she was finished, Maggie held up her paper. It said “Jonathan Toews” in bold black letters. “I’m proud of it.” She said to Patrick.

“Have you actually graduated college? Or are you still in grade school and just really tall?” Maggie rolled her eyes. “Its beautiful” He replied to her eyeroll. “You ready to go?”

“Yep.” Patrick grabbed his keys and they headed out.
..............................................................

Maggie and Patrick were getting some weird looks from some people as they stood waiting in the baggage claim area with the sign saying “Jonathan Toews”, but others, who knew Patrick, knew that it had to be legit. Finally Jonathan came out and found Patrick and Maggie. Jonathan hugged Patrick, then looked down at Maggie.

“You must me Maggie” He said shaking her hand. “Patrick’s told me all about you, and thanks for letting me crash at your place.”

“Anytime.” Replied Maggie. “And its nice to meet you. Patrick’s told me all about you too.” Jonathan stood closer to Patrick.

“You’re right. She is nice.” Jonathan said. Maggie laughed, but Patrick turned red.

“Dude.” He said.

“And I know why you talk about how pretty she is all the time.” This time Maggie blushed a little and Patrick turned bright red.

“Dude!” Maggie laughed and hugged Patrick. He hugged her back and looked at Jonathan. “Alright. Get your bags and lets go.”

Jonathan waited for his bags, then they all made their way to Patrick’s car. “So Patrick told me you’re going to be on the Canadian olympic hockey team.”

“Yeah.” Jonathan said. “Its not official until they announce the team, but this year I want to be the captain.”

“Nice.” Maggie replied.

“Maggie got her invite to training camp a few days ago.” Patrick said.

“Speaking of a few days ago.” Maggie answered. “I can go to practice tomorrow.”

“Right!” Patrick said as they pulled into the driveway.

“I’ll get all my stuff together today and move it into my car.” She said. “Jonathan, you can bring your stuff inside. The guest room is all yours.”

“Thanks.” He said. Maggie unlocked the door and they all went inside. Patrick helped Jonathan move his stuff into his new room and Maggie went to hers and got her bag together.

She dug through her closet. Leggings, skates, socks, pads, sticks, tape, gloves, helmet, and some hair ties to secure her braids. She had everything she needed. She was nervous to start playing again, but her excitement and will to move on from the past, far outweighed her inhibitions about going back to practice. She picked up her bag and lugged it out to her car.

“Need help?” Jonathan asked. Patrick rolled his eyes when he asked. Maggie rolled hers too.

“I’ve only been carrying this around since I could walk.” She walked out the door and threw her bag into the trunk of her car, then waltzed right back inside and sat on the couch. “So, what do you want to do for dinner?”

“I want take out.” Patrick said.

“I don't really care.” Said Jonathan.

“Fine.” Maggie answered. “But you two are driving to get whatever we want.” They shrugged.

“Lets get Chinese.” Patrick said.

“Sure.” Answered Maggie.

“You know what I want.” She tossed him her car keys, and stretched out on the couch. “See y’all when you get back.”