Look for Me in Rainbows

Go See A Movie Or Something, Jonathan

January 1, 2014
Ann Arbour, Michigan

“And last, but not least, number 56, Maggie Wilson!” Maggie waved as the camera zoomed in on her. She waved her “GO USA” gloves at the camera, and smiled bigger than she ever had in her life.

She stood on the outdoor stage that was covered in the falling snow. She was freezing and shivering, but she didn’t care. She felt like she could stand there forever. She had just been officially named to the US Olympic team. Her biggest dream as an athlete. She smiled and hugged her team. Over the last months, they had become more like sisters than a team. Someone pushed into the big hug and knocked the whole team onto the ground. They were a perfectly dysfunctional family, and Maggie loved it.

“Now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for, your USA men’s olympic hockey team roster!” Maggie intently watched the ice as a boy staked out to reveal the jersey of a player on the team. The first few names went by, and still no Patrick. She knew he was a shoo-in for the team, but the anticipation was killing her. Finally after the first seven players had been read off, she heard what she had been waiting for.

“From Buffalo, New York, number 88, Patrick Kane!”

“Yes!” Maggie shouted as she jumped up and down. “Took him long enough!” Julie, who stood next to her, patted her on the back. Maggie sighed of relief.
....................................................................................

“Patrick!” Maggie called as she came out of the airport and saw her boyfriend waiting for her by his car.

“Hey, Mags.”

“Hi, Olympian.” She teased. He took her bag off her shoulder and opened the car door for her. They drove to, and met Jonathan at their apartment.

“Sup, Maggie?” He asked as she walked in.

“Hey, Jonathan.” She said. She flopped down on the couch. “Ugh! I’m tired.”

“Sweet.” Jonathan said. He looked at Patrick. “So I can stay in tonight?” Maggie smiled.

“No.” She said. “Go see a movie or something, Jonathan.”

“Gosh.” He said sarcastically. “I’m so unwanted.” He picked up his jacket.

“Patrick, would you like to come help me unpack my bags in your room?” Maggie asked, sweetly.

“Well, bye!” Jonathan walked out the door.