Status: Initiated - Phase 2 - Monthly Updates Expected

All Dressed Up - The Re-Enacting of Joy

A Choice:

Ofcause it is my choice. Firstly to sign up, naturally. But secondly, what character I am to play, portrait? If I did not like the character I was to play, why even bother coming, in the first place?

Now I had chosen to come, I had signed up. Just as I had made the choice, whom I am to be, for the entire weekend. It is for the weekend. Just from Friday, to late Sunday, and I'm off, but it is promised to be fun. If it had not been fun, I wouldn't have signed, simple as that.

Now I try to make up my mind, just whom I am to be. I had signed up, now I need to see who is still available. Or simply put, who has not yet been taken?

If you want fun, you need to choose the character you'd enjoy to be. Just whom would I be, for the entire week end? Ofcause there are a few details I did not know, I had signed, in the firm belief it was more of a masquerade. I play a part, but I'm myself under the suit, true and through. Simple as that. It could be no other way. What if I had known, this isn't the case?

If you want fun, 'Pinkie Pie' would be the first choice. Just that I couldn't see myself as her. I'm just not her, at least not in my civil life. I couldn't stay in character for an entire week end, how could I? Maybe I fear, she would be left out, just for this one fact alone? That would sadden me, but it's nothing I could do anything about.

For the same reason, several other characters went out the window of mine. I can't play 'Flutter Shy', 'Rarity', 'Rainbow Dash', Luna', Celestria', or even Derpy?

Maybe I could play 'Apple Jack'? She seems the simple and straight forwards character to me. Honourable and hard working, and a fillie, or mare, depending on her age at the time. That's something I could live with.

Maybe I could have chosen 'Apple Blossom'? She seems quite fun, as well, if only I knew her well enough. I guess the same would go for 'Big Mack', but he's a Stallion, which I'm not quite prepared to play. The rest of the family, I knew even less of, if I even knew their names? Besides, how large is the set? A large portion of them live scattered all across Equestria.

Maybe this is why I had not chosen the character already? If I knew who I was, beforehand, I'd be singing up for her, as I signed up, not just signed up, blanc. Still, I knew I wanted to go, if only I knew who I was to be?

Maybe it was better to just pick a random pony, rather then to go as just myself? I knew plenty of people, and most all ponies would be making a joke out of me. Just that trying a too large a character, and I'd end up depressed, fearing to fail, even before I had left the home of my chosen pony. What's the point of that?

In the end, I had been chocked, finding the options, and what was available. There is actually a 'Random Pony' option, I just point out, what I like to see in my pony, and it will try to give me the best option, depending on what I like. If not for the one detail, I can't sign up as a character, someone else had already taken. All available choices are listed, they are all ponies, naturally. Just as I had expected.

All the characters taken, had been ticked off, so I know none of the taken characters are anything but ponies. I guess this did make me feel better. Not even 'Spike', the Dragon is available, he wasn't a pony, after all.

Then I looked closer, only to realise, the set had been split into several different scenes, maybe it is to make sure, no character with the same name is on the same scene, even if they technically are separate characters? I had recalled, there are several character names that are present in multiple scenes, 'Rainbow Dash', and 'Pinkie Pie', for starters. Then there is 'Rarity' and 'Flutter Shy'.

Then I thought of it, not even 'Discord', had been listed. 'Meagan', and her ponies are not in the listings either. Even though her ponies are ponies, but they are no fun, without 'Meagan', or is it how they reasoned?

Looking closer, I could even pick my pony after the type of poni; Earth Poni, Pegasus, Unicorn, Flutter Poni, Sea Poni, Alicorn, but then, there typically were no 'Regular Poni.

I simply guessed, they were as interesting, as 'Regular humans' would have been?

Looking closer, they even did have the Breezie Poni, which was kinda curious, but they had been mentioned, which gave them the right to be here, how ever curious and strange. Not to mention, they were way too small for me to fit into, were they not?

I wanted a Poni, a Poni I would enjoy to be. I couldn't be Pinkie Pie, she was too large a character for me. Just as I felt, most of the characters were. Not so much in pyssical size, but in terms of characters. I couldn't play Pinkie Pie, simple as that.

Then my eyes fell to the end of the list. What is my ideal poni here? I had listed, what I did like, and what I did not like, poni by poni fell out of my listings. I had added my characteristics, but no-poni feel out of the list. Size doesn't matter, the phraze tolled in my head.

At the very end of the list, I found her, the one poni, Ditzy Do, she she was apparently called? There had been some controversy about her mother, a while back, I recalled, yet, I guess I could play this little filly.

Once I had found something I could go with, I ticked her, in person, and she fell out of the rooster, right along with every poni, who had previously been chosen by semii else?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hole chunks of characters unavailablöe, and others blanty rationalised away?

I'm just trying to tell the story. I hope it all makes sense, when you'rvve red the story.