Status: Try out my story ya'll!

Radioactive

Chapter Eleven;

"If you want to play it like a game, well, come on, come on, let's play."

----

The door opened with a metallic cling, it's hinges screaming in protest, awaking Harper from her sleep. Without hesitation, she slid across the tiny space, pulling her knees up to her chest to keep herself out of arms reach in case they came towards her.

Amaryllis had been unable to sleep. Her mind was buzzing while she tried to think of ways to get out of there. She'd learned how the cages work, but that didn't help much. She was locked inside, and she needed to be outside to unlock them. Even as she thought it, Lesters thin form blocked light from the entrance, and he reached his hand inside to flip the light switch, and then slid to the button beside it that unlocked the cages. For a bunch of red necks, they had thought out the caging situation quite well. Amaryllis was sure their pa had something to do with it. Neither Buck nor Lester had proven themselves to be very bright.

Lester walked inside with a slight limp, no doubt having been hit with Pas' cane one to many times, two plates of food in his grimy hands. He opened the doors very slightly, and slid the food inside. Amaryllis could've easily taken Lester down, but Buck appeared in the entrance to watch, and she knew he'd be much harder to defeat, so she sat still while he closed her cage and moved over to Harpers.

"We have some fun planned for you two." He told Harper as he closed her door, and Buck pressed the button that sent the lock back into place.

"I have a feeling your version of fun is a lot different than mine." Amaryllis spat, giving him the most disgusted look she could muster. But he only smiled, revealing the fact that he didn't own a toothbrush, and left the room, leaving them in almost complete darkness.

"I'm hungry, but I don't really want this." Harper sniffed from her cage.

Amaryllis forced herself to laugh, hoping it'd lighten her up a bit. "That's the first time you've ever turned down food."

Harper attempted to laugh back, but it came out as more of a whimper. Amaryllis knew that if they were going to get out of there, they'd need to have enough energy, so she pulled her plate closer to her, picked up the fork, and stuffed a bit of the ham into her mouth.

Harper watched her, hardly able to see in the dim light, before eventually following her lead, cleaning her plate with mechanical movements. When they were both done, Harper shoved her plate towards the door, and laid on her side, her arms wrapping around her legs. "Amaryllis?"

"Hmm?"

"I think we really are going to die."

Amaryllis wanted to say something, but instead she just kept quiet. Nothing she could say would help, and she was tired of making promises she couldn't keep.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Taniss and Matt had long finished their search of the hotel. Upon Matts instruction, they found their way into the basement in search of a braker box. They both refused to admit that they were worried for the girls, but it was obvious when Matt didn't even bother to laugh when Taniss let out a girly scream after running through a spiderweb.

The brakers effectively turned on the electricity in the hotel, and Matt vaguely wondered why they hadn't thought of it last night. "I have an idea." He told Taniss, snatching the flashlight from him.

Taniss followed him, ducking behind him to avoid a few spiderwebs. It only took them a few minutes before they found the security room. The door was locked, but the doorhandle was rusty, so Taniss had no problem kicking it open. Matt sat down in a swivel chair set up in front of a large panel, and pressed a few buttons. Static instantly filled a few of the screens. He clicked through the buttons, the monitors showing different parts of the hotel. The lobby, the pool, the hallways, the elevators, and eventually the parking lot.

It took him almost a half hour to figure out how to access the recorded footage. "The cameras were still on?" Taniss asked in surprise.

"Some of the brakers hadn't been turned off, we're lucky these were left on." Matt said tiredly as he rewinded. Absolutely nothing happened. They watched a few stay cats run across the parking lot, chasing what appeared to be a squirrel. Matt half expected a tumbleweed to go by.

"Wait, there!" Taniss shouted, sliding into the other chair and pointing wildly at the screen.

Matt rewinded a bit more, and then pressed play. They watched, their mouths falling open, as the two girls were carried limply into a rusty old RV. "They were kidnapped?"

"This is a real kidnapping," Taniss said, his eyes wide as they RV pulled out of the parking lot. "And they're not safe. We have to find them."

Matt was a bit surprised. They had the keys and everything they needed, they could easily leave and continue onto where ever they were going, but for some reason he couldn't find it in himself to suggest that. They had crossed paths with these girls, and now they were stuck with them. As if some invisible rope kept them tied together. "Let's go."

"Where?" Taniss asked, his brow furrowed at the screen.

"We know which way the RV went. The only thing we can do is atleast attempt to follow them, right?"

"Okay, let's get going." Taniss pulled the keys out of his pocket. They were just climbing into the car when Matt stopped, and pushed open his door again.

"We forgot Super."

"Who?"

"The dog, you idiot."

"Who cares?!"

"Let's be honest here. He's a police dog and he could help." Matt said, and Taniss agreed, waving him onward.

Alone, Matt trudged inside and up the stairs. He couldn't bring himself to admit to Taniss the real reason he felt the need to take Super with them. He was Harpers dog now, and she would never forgive them if they left him in an abandoned hotel.

As soon as he reached the floor, he could hear Super barking. The poor dog couldn't stand being cooped up. He was more of a cat person, so he wasn't exactly over joyed when he opened the door and the dog jumped up onto him, trying to lick his face with excitement. "Get off, Super." He groaned, shoving him to the ground.

Super complied, darting towards the stairwell and barking at the closed door that he was unable to open himself. He was a dog, after all. "The girls are in trouble, so we need your help to save them." Matt told him. He paused, his hand on the handle. "Gosh dang it, i'm talking to a dog."

Super only barked in response.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Harper was only just drifting off to sleep when the door opened again. "Alright girls," this time is was Pa that spoke, filling the girls stomachs with an undeniable emotion. Fear. "Time to have a little fun." He opened up a box against the wall that looked like a braker box, but the buttons inside it looked as if they were for something else. Amaryllis' suspicions were confirmed when he pressed a button, and a door that blended into the wall opened near her cage. Pa pressed a few other buttons, pressed the button that unlocked their cages, and left the room. Harper could hear him lock the door behind him.

Amaryllis was unsure what to do. "They can't be letting us go." She said unsurely.

Harper pushed open the cage door, "well, we can't just stay here. Maybe we can get out?"

"Doubt it. They're messing with us."

Harper crawled out of the cage, and got to her feet, stretching her aching limbs that screamed in protest, making her flinch. "Well, we don't have much of a choice. If we stay here they may just get angry with us."

Amaryllis had to admit she was right, and crawled out of her own cage. She wasted no time, crossing to the door the undoubtedly lead to some kind of danger. Buck and Lester waiting without clothes on, possibly. With that in mind, she squinted her eyes to shield her vision from anything that may scar her for life, and pushed the door all the way open. Her arms fell limply to her side at the sight before her, her mouth popping open with an audible gasp.

Harper stumbled up beside her, letting out a quick breath of air. "Wow."

All four walls of the room, except for the empty space the belonged to a partly cracked door, were filled with weapons. Guns, spears, even swords littered the edge of the floor, having fallen from their perch on the wall.

Amaryllis' gaze flickered to the floor, spotting the words written in red liquid that looked like blood that had been there for ages. "Take only two." She read outloud, her voice wavering. "We're supposed to take two weapons?"

"I feel like we're being sent into the Hunger Games or something." Harper said as she walked into the room, spinning around to look at all the weapons.

"I hope it's nothing like that." Amaryllis said softly, her eyes glued to the floor, at the red words that were ordering them to do something she didn't exactly feel like doing. But they didn't have much of a choice. She glanced up at Harper, who was staring at her from the middle of the room with a worried expression. "Well, come on, it's not like we have much of a choice."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-