Status: Try out my story ya'll!

Radioactive

Chapter Six;

"Yeah, I get it, you're an outcast.."

---

Amaryllis shoved the empty gun into the waistband of her pants. "We're not taking you anywhere."

The two boys glanced at each other. They must've known what the other had been thinking, because they both held up their guns, pointing them at one of the girls. "Grab your supplies. We're leaving."

"You've got to be joshing me." Harper groaned in frustration, as if having two hot guys pull a gun on her was on her list of pet peeves.

"Joshing you?" The blonde asked, obviously confused, but she only shrugged in response, so he moved on. "My name is Taniss."

"Taniss? That's weird." Amaryllis told him, her eyes trained on the gun.

"What's your name?"

"Amaryllis."

"And that's not weirder than Taniss?"

She looked like she was only five seconds away from exploding, so the other boy jumped in. "I'm Matthew. Or, Matt." His spiky hair stuck up all over the place, no matter how much he tried to smooth it down, reminding Harper of Harry Potter. He was fidgeting awkwardly where he stood, his chocolate brown eyes not meeting anybody elses gaze.

Taniss on the other hand stared defiantly ahead, his gaze never leaving Amaryllis. No doubt he saw her as more of a threat. His hair was perfectly style, despite the fact that they were obviously on the run with the zombie apocolypse thing going on.

"Alright, Taniss, Matthew, we'll be going now." Amaryllis made to walk around them, but the click of the gun brought her attention back to them.

"We'll shoot." Taniss didn't look like he was joking, so Harper grabbed her friends arm.

"The last thing we need is to be killed."

"Obviously." Amaryllis jerked her arm out of her friends grip.

Matt motioned with the gun at the cart of supplies, "take that and come on."

Fuming, Harper marched back to the cart, and shoved it passed them, all too aware of the gun pointed at her head.

----------------

Once all the supplies were in the trunk, Amaryllis climbed into the front seat. Taniss wasted no time claiming the passenger seat, keeping the gun trained on her head.

"You're leaving me back here with nerd boy?" Harper said with obvious annoyance.

Matt scowled at her in response, so she forced Super into the car inbetween them. "If you shoot my dog, I will murder your entire family."

His expression changed, but only for a moment, and then he was glaring at her again. She could tell she had hit a soft spot. Reluctantly, she got into the car, throwing an arm around Super. He laid down between them, resting his furry head on her lap.

"Where are you guys going?" Taniss was asking from the front seat.

Amaryllis clutched the steering wheel until her knuckles turned white, so Harper had to answer. "California. She has family there, so we're going to join them on their boat."

"Hmm. That's pretty smart."

"Yes, thank you for noticing." Amaryllis snapped.

Harper was geniuinely afraid her friend was going to explode. "It's a long stop. Surely you'd rather get out and start walking now."

Matt rolled his eyes, "We'll ride with you for a bit, I think."

The silence seemed to stretch on forever. The interstate was just as crowded as before, so it was slow going. "Where are you guys planning on going?" She asked, wishing Amaryllis would turn on the radio or something to keep her ears from ringing. The silence was going to drive her crazy.

"We're not sure yet." Taniss seemed a lot more talkative than Matt. "We've contacted our family already. After dealing with tha--"

"Shut up, Taniss." Matthew snapped, giving the back of his seat a good kick.

"So, we're just travelling until we're sure what we're gonna do."

"Wow, what a great plan." Amaryllis snorted, sitting up straighter in her seat. "You guys made it seem like you've got it all figured out."

"Does anyone?" Matt muttered bitterly.

"If you're going to hold us hostage, why don't you drive?" Surprisingly, Taniss didn't object, so Amaryllis pulled over.

No one in nearby cars seemed to notice that he was obviously threatening her as they switched seats. He set his gun out of her reach when he slid into the drivers seat.

Matt kept his gun pointed at Harper. "Can you get that thing out of my face?"

He made a face at her. "I'm being threatening here."

"It's more bothersome than threatening, to be honest. And frankly, you're taking up a lot of room back here, so I have more reason to be mad at you than for you to be mad at me."

"I'm--I'm not mad at you."

"Then why are you pointing a gun at my face?"

His gaze flickered from the gun to her. "Uh, because I can?"

"Well, I can disarm you in only a few seconds, but i'm not gonna." That was a lie. Harper had no idea how to do that. Unless poking him in the eye would be effective.

Taniss glanced back, "keep the gun on her."

"Obviously." Matt spat back. They glared at eachother through the rearview mirror, until Amaryllis let out a low whistle.

"Sensing some tension between you two. There some kind of rift in your relationship? Please no dramatic break ups in my vehicle."

Both of the boys gagged. "Why are you mocking us? I have a gun pointed at Masons head."

"Um, its Harper?" she reprimanded harshly, but Amaryllis ignored her.

"Thank you for reminded me, I almost forgot it was there." She muttered in response.

He waved it in front of her face, "I have a gun and i'm not afraid to use it."

She turned to him, focusing on the barrel of the gun. "Is it even loaded?"

"Would you like me to show you?"

Instead of answering, she only crossed her eyes, until it looked like two guns were being held in front of her. When she uncrossed them, she was surprised to see that Matt was giving her an amused look. "You're so weird."

"I think you're sorta weird."

"I haven't done anything weird."

"Holding a gun to my head is pretty weird."

He shrugged, waving the gun around a bit more. "Be careful with that thing," Taniss hissed from the front seat.

"What? Afraid i'm accidentally going to shoot her?"

"That is my cue to sleep. You guys argue like a married couple." Harpers comment drew more disgusted sounds from the boys, but she ignored them, pulling her hood up over her head. "And goodnight."

"It's, like, three in the morning."

"Good three in the morning."

----------------

Conversation got dull once Harper was asleep. Matt kept the gun pointed at her head until her breathing slowed, and her constant fidgeting stopped.

Taniss glanced at Amaryllis. She was staring out the window with a stony expression. Not doubt wishing she were anywhere but here. She looked sorta pretty, he had to admit. Even though her hair was a bit messy, and she looked extremely tired. Although a zombie apacolypse was going on, she had still dressed pretty nice. ( http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=87029958 )

Her blue eyes, allthough narrowed to dangerous slits, still shone defiantly as she glanced at him. "Keeps your eyes on the road." She snapped, in her smooth, girly voice.

Taniss smiled, but caught himself, frowning again. Just because he happened to practically kidnap a pretty girl wasn't going to stop him from doing what he had to do. "Obviously." He shot back.

She rolled her eyes. "You can't kidnap me and expect me to be nice to you."

"I don't expect you to be nice to me. And I didn't kidnap you."

"For one, yes you did. You held a gun to my head and forced me to do what you wanted me to. And go where you wanted to go. Against my will, might I add. That's kidnapping."

"I didn't gag you or tie you up or anything."

"Right, sorry. You haven't done everything to fit under the kidnapping criteria, you are off the hook. No jail time for you."

Matt snorted from the back seat. "Like a kidnapping is the worst of their worries."

"Can I borrow your gun?" Amaryllis asked Taniss.

He looked surprised. "What? No!"

"You're insane." Matt grunted, folding his arms across his chest and leaning back to get comfortable. "You're all insane."

----------------

The silence seemed to strech on forever. Or atleast until Harper woke up.

"You know--" Taniss cut in, interuppting the story she was telling about her childhood. "None of us like you."

"I like her." Amaryllis said.

"You're just saying that to go against what I said."

"Whatever."

Their bickering was endless. Harper grew quiet at Taniss's words. So quiet, that they all took turns giving her worried looks.

"Can we stop somewhere for the night?" She said after over an hour and a half.

They all sighed in unison. Taniss glanced at the clock, "yeah, it'll be dark soon."

"But.." Harper glanced down at her hands.

"But what?"

"But...I have to pee..."

Taniss sighed, "I'll pull over and you can go in the bushes, we'll just--"

"NO WAY!" Harper yelled, making him jerk the wheel a bit.

"Why not?"

"I'm not a boy! I don't do things like that!"

"But can't you--"

"No."

"Harper, if you--"

"No."

"How about--"

This time Super barked before she could say anything, and she smiled appreciatively. "The dog has spoken."

"I don't take orders from a dog." Taniss muttered gruffly, but he didn't force her to pee on a tree.

For the next hour, Harper groaned from the backseat. She bounced up and down, and whined, and fidgeted like a toddler.

"If we don't stop, i'm going to shoot her in the head." Matt finally announced from the back seat.

"Fine." Taniss took the next exit. It was as empty as all the other exits they'd turned on, but Matt noticed all the lights to a gas station were on. They could see someone shuffling around behind the counter, looking as if he were counting the money in the cash register.

"I'll check it out, you guys wait here." Taniss slid out of the car, leaving Matt to listen to Harper and Amaryllis argue about whether One Direction were actually talented or not. After a moment, he stuck his head out, waving the others inside.

Harper ran right off to the bathroom, and Amaryllis started shoving food into her pockets. Apparently the guy at the front didn't even work there, so he didn't mind at all when Harper came out of the bathroom and stocked up on yoohoos.

They all went back to the car, but they had to wait for Harper to let Super out to use the bathroom. Taniss threatened to leave her multiple times. When they finally drove off, Harper tapped her fingers annoyingly against the window until Matt informed her that he was really close to pushing her out the door.

"I saw a sign for a hotel, maybe we should stop?" Amaryllis suggested.

Taniss didn't want to admit she was right, so he waited until there was another sign to glance at Matt in the mirror. "Hey, I saw a sign for a hotel. We should probably check it out."

Amaryllis folded her arms across her chest, seething. They pulled up to the hotel, and Taniss quickly got out to make sure the coast was clear. When he came back for the others, Harper reached down to hold Supers collar, feeling safer with him close to her. "Um, this looks creepy."

"It only looks creepy cause it's dark and no ones here to turn the lights on." Taniss said logically, shutting her door for her.

"I don't wanna go in."

"Do you wanna sleep in the car?"

"Um, no. But I also don't wanna sleep in there."

Taniss sighed, rubbing his temples. "We aren't going to find anywhere else to sleep, so deal with it." With that, he turned away from her, waltzing confidently towards the entrance.

Harper and Amarylis shared a nervous glance as they joined the boys, the hotel looming intimidatingly above them.