Status: Try out my story ya'll!

Radioactive

Chapter Eight;

"Anything could happen.."

----

Amaryllis swayed back and forth against the music, her head almost brushing the ceiling. Taniss stood beside the bed she danced on, one hand clutching a bottle of wine, the other held out to steady her every time she swayed precariously close to the edge. Harper giggled loudly from where she lay on the floor.

Matt was the only one who wasn't dancing around like a fool, as he hardly let himself drink at all. He extended a hand to Harper, "are you going to get up?"

"I'm not sure," she laughed, swatting at his hand in a lousy attempt to grab it. After a moment he sighed, grabbed her by the hand, and pulled her to her feet. She fell forward, slumping against him as if she couldn't even stand on her own two feet. Instead of pushing away from him, she slid her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest. He froze beneath her, but she hardly seemed to notice. "Dance with me." She murmured, closing her eyes.

Obediently, he swayed against the music, his hands finally moving around her how they should. "You're drunk."

"And you're not."

"Yeah, well,"

"You're just no fun."

He only sniffed in response. She shifted to look up at him, not even hearing Taniss laugh loudly as he saved Amaryllis from falling off the bed. "What are you doing?"

"Um, dancing?"

"Oh yeah."

He rolled his eyes, "You get dumber when you're drunk."

She whacked him on the arm, only to slump against him again. "You smell good."

"I know." He said with a smug look, but this time she didn't whack him or push him away, only inhaling his musky scent.

Taniss gave Amaryllis a light shove, and she regained her footing, twirling for him. "Do you like when I do this?" She asked him with a giggle, raising her arms above her head as much as the ceiling would allow and spinning in a slow circle.

He gave a light chuckle, swaying a bit unsteadily. "Why does it matter what I like? I kidnapped you." He reminded her, taking another sip of wine.

Amaryllis fell to her knees in front of him so that they were face to face. She pulled the bottle away from his lips, "Because you're a boy."

"That I am." He agreed, his eyes grazing over her face as she tilted the bottle back to take a few quick sips.

"I wish we had something stronger." She said, passing it to him again.

He laughed at that, shaking his head at her, "Only an hour or two ago you didn't even want to drink."

"Sometimes I get boring." She said, drawing another laugh out of him. She liked when he laughed, she realized. She fell backwards on the bed, patting the spot next to her. He climbed up, only giving Matt and Harper a quick glance before laying on his back. They stared at the ceiling in silence for a few minutes before Amaryllis spoke. "I wish we had stars to look at."

Taniss turned his head towards her, "we could open a window."

"But it's way over there." She squeaked, laughing harder than she should at his simple comment. When she stopped and glanced at him, he was smiling towards her. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

His low chuckle seemed to vibrate the entire bed, making her giggle. "I just happened to notice that I chose to kidnap an extremely pretty girl."

She raised an eyebrow at him, "oh, so now you admit to kidnapping?"

"Or hitched a ride. Whatever." He said, letting out another laugh. He noticed that everytime he laughed, so did she.

Super stood up from his spot in the corner, trotting towards where Harper and Matt were swaying back and forth. He pressed his nose against Harpers leg, but she didn't even look down at him. "Hey, nerd boy?"

"Hmm?" Matt said, internally sighing as he glanced down at her.

"Why are you travelling with Taniss? Is he your brother?"

Matts stomach tightened at the mention of his brother, and he had to swallow a few times before answering. "Um, no, he's my room mate."

"Oh, okay," Harper said, leaning away from him. For a moment he thought that she was going to walk away from him, but she stopped once she was at arms length, and his hands slid down to her waist on their own accord. Her eyes had a far-away look in them as her hands trailed up his chest and to his shoulders, locking around his neck. "Are you scared?"

He hadn't been expecting that. "Am I scared?"

"Yeah, of zombies."

Matt chuckled, "Taniss prefers for them to be called walkers."

"That doesn't answer my question." She informed him, tilting her head to the side. Her hair fell in a thick black curtain around her shoulders, swaying back and forth along with her as she moved.

"I'm not scared."

She giggled, pitching her head back as she laughed. Matt couldn't help but smile down at her as she dropped a hand down to his chest again. "You're just saying that to be all manly."

"Well of course." He said with a grin, drawing another laugh out of her.

"Hey Matt?" She said suddenly, as if they hadn't been just talking.

"Hmm?"

"Do you wanna make out?" His eyes widened in surprise at her words.

"I-uh-I just-"

She turned away before he could finish stuttering, "Hey, you guys." She said, waving her hands at Taniss and Amaryllis. "We're going to get more wine."

Taniss reached into his pocket, tossing her the keys. She reached out to grab them, but missed by a longshot. Matt reached out a hand to pluck them from the air before they could hit the ground.

"Nice catch," she gave him a brisk pat on the chest, slid her hand down his arm to intertwine their hands, and pulled him out of the room.

The stairs were difficult to get down in her state. Matt figured she had forgotten about the previous question she asked him as she turned towards him halfway down the stairs. "Let's take a break."

He rolled his eyes, bent down, and knocked her feet out from under her. She let out a girlish shriek as she slumped into his arms, not expecting him to offer to carry her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, not about to complain. "Thanks, nerd boy."

He didn't answer her until they reached the first floor and he set her on her shaky feet, "why do you call me nerd boy?"

She shrugged, leading him towards the lobby entrance. "Because you're a boy, and you're a nerd."

"Oh."

-*-*-*-*-*-

Amaryllis giggled for the bajillionth time that night, her slender form shaking at what Taniss had said. He gave her an amused look, unsure how it had been that funny. "You know," he said once she finished laughing, "these next few days are going to be interesting."

She smiled at him, "because of me?"

"That, and also Harper has kept me on my toes since we started. And I doubt that's gonna stop anytime soon."

Amaryllis broke into the same wild laughter as before, again making him smile. "Yeah, I love her."

"How long have you been friends?" He asked curiously.

"Hmm. Well, we just kind of were one day. I'm not sure how it happened, really." She smiled at the memory. "How'd you and Matt become friends?"

He laughed, "we're roommates, actually, and we usually can't stand each other."

"Why?" Amaryllis asked, giving him a look.

"I dunno, we're just so different. Plus he talks about Doctor Who a lot."

"Oh, Harper likes that."

"Nerds."

Again, Amaryllis broke out into her crazy laughter that made him chuckle to himself.

-*-*-*-*-*-

There were only three cars out front, and one of them had a hole in the window. It was also a whole different color. Yet Matt had to remind Harper that it wasn't their car. But first he let her try to get the door open for a few minutes before telling her.

Finally, she opened the trunk of the car that was actually theirs. (Well, not really.) She stared in it for so long, that Matt pushed himself off of the hood and came to join her. "Seriously, do you wanna makeout?" She asked when he joined her.

He glanced at her in surprise, "Harper, you're drunk."

"And?"

"I don't want to take advantage of you."

She put a hand over her heart, giving him a soft smile. "Wow, that is the" she dropped her hand, "dumbest thing anyone has ever said to me."

"What?" He asked, looking dumbfounded.

"If you don't wanna kiss me, just say so."

"Harper, it's not that." He said with a sigh as she dug through the clutter.

"Yeah, well, you wouldn't be the first, buddy."

He rolled his eyes, deciding not to answer. Instead, he grabbed her by the shoulders, spun her towards him, and pulled her close. "You're so annoying." He informed her.

Before he could say anything else, she rose up onto her toes to reach him, pressing her lips against his. His hands tangled in her hair, as she leaned into him, their lips molding together perfectly. She could feel him smile against her lips, and she smiled slightly in return as he let out a light moan. Her brain was fuzzy from the alcohol, and it took her a moment to realize what she was doing. Much to his displeasure, she pulled away, only smiling at him when he gave her a confused look. "It's not often I kiss the guy who kidnapped me." And with that, she reached into the trunk, pulled out a few bottles of wine, and sauntered carelessly back towards the motel entrance.

Matt turned to watch her go, his eyes following her until the darkness swallowed her up. With a sigh, he shut the trunk and followed after her, shoving his hands into his pocket. Kidnapping was turning out to be more fun than he expected it to be.