Status: Try out my story ya'll!

Radioactive

Chapter Nine;

"Let's have an adventure. Head in the clouds, but my gravity's centered."

---

Matt was a bit reluctant to go inside, but he didn't have much of a choice. Somehow, Harper made it up the stairs by herself, although he followed close behind 'cause it looked like she could fall and injure herself at any moment. She threw open the door and stumbled inside, slumping against the bed. Taniss and Amaryllis both sat up as they walked in.

Harper pulled herself up onto her elbows, the rest of her body still on the floor. "Let's play a game!"

"What game?" Amaryllis asked, jumping off the bed with excitement.

Harper pushed herself to her feet. "How about musical chairs?" Before Matt could inform her about what a bad idea that was, she tripped right over the swivell chair by the desk, tumbling to the floor in a heap. "Ow."

Ten minutes later, they were playing spin the bottle. But Harper changed the rules, claiming that she didn't want to kiss Taniss because he was gross. It was supposed to be a get to know you game. Harper spun the bottle, and it landed on Amaryllis, so she got to ask the question.

But Matt soon learned that drunk girls were incapable of asking anything other than sexual questions. He was feeling extremely awkward when Harper fell over into Amaryllis, laughing at something that wasn't even funny.

Amaryllis only hiccuped in response.

Taniss was pretty drunk too, and Matt had to continiously shake his arm out of his friends grip. "Why do you keep messing with my sleeve?"

Taniss laughed, "I thought it was a squirrel."

Matt slowly slid away from him, closer to Harper. "We should check out the rest of the hotel." She told the rest of them with a loopy grin.

"Just a few hours ago you were to scared to get your own room." Matt told her, monotone.

She took another sip of wine, "I feel brave now!" Apparently alcohol made her brave. Maybe that was why she kissed him? Matt didn't feel like analyzing her drunk thoughts at the moment, so he only shrugged.

"Okay, but I'm staying here."

"Me too." Taniss said, pulling at Matts sleeve again.

"Dude, stop touching me."

Amaryllis stood up, pulling Harper up after her. "You guys are so dumb." She informed them, although they didn't seem to care. Taniss only continued to squint at Matts sleeve, while said boy just glared at him.

"Come on, Scotty." Harper said, dragging Amaryllis unsteadily towards the door. The hallway was dark, but Amaryllis luckily remembered having seen a flashlight in the desk drawer of the room. Probably kept there for emergencies.

After a few minutes of fighting over it, they wandered down the hall. Amaryllis shone the flash light around them, "It's really dark."

Harper giggled, "That happens at night time, silly."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"AHHH!"

Before the screaming could get out of hand, Amaryllis clapped a hand over Harpers mouth. "It was a bug, calm down."

Harper moved her hand, "You're the one who freaked out over a bug earlier and got all cozy over it with Taniss."

"He has a nice butt."

"What?" Before Harper could give her a disgusted look, they reached the bottom floor. They planned to go swimming in the pool. Luckily, the boys had stayed upstairs so it wasn't a big deal at all, as they didn't think to pack a swimsuit.

They retrieved their backpacks from the car, finally making it to the pool. Harper slid off her shoes, shirt, and pants, leaving herself in her underwear and feeling quite exposed. From the room they were in, the boys could easily look out the window and spot them. She didn't mind Amaryllis being there. They had changed in front of each other plenty of times before.

Amaryllis stripped down just like she did, and they both stood at the edge of the pool. "It'd be less creepy if we had some lights on."

Harper giggled, "Come on." She grabbed her friends hand, but she just shook her off.

"Let's take a running start."

"Okay," Harper said with a grin. They turned away from the water. "One, two, three." They took off running towards the water, but right as they reached the edge, Amaryllis stopped.

Harper hadn't gotten the memo, and she went crashing into the water, unaware that she had jumped in alone until she emerged to see Amaryllis laughing. "Hey!" She shouted, splashing water at her.

Amaryllis was soaked from all the splashing, so she jumped into the water, laughing as she came up.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The girls had been gone for about fifteen minutes when Matt finally got annoyed at Taniss for not leaving his sleeve alone. "Dude, you're so weird when you're drunk."

Taniss only shrugged and opened another bottle of wine. While he was entertaining himself, Matt wandered towards the window, pulling up the blinds. He stared out over the trees for a moment before shifting forward to glance down. His eyes widened, "woah, Taniss, come here." He said hurriedly, not taking his eyes off of the scene below him.

Taniss grumbled to himself, shuffling over. He sobered up when he caught sight of the girls splashing in the pool. He noticed immediately that Amaryllis was wearing a black, lacy bra, with underwear to match. Harper, on the other hand, had on a purple lacy bra, with bright blue underwear that didn't match at all. Somehow, it fit their personalities.

They watched, both of their mouths hanging open, as they watched Amaryllis pull herself out of the pool to sit on the side, and Harper floated on her back at her feet. It looked like they were having a serious conversation. They had one bottle of wine that was going back and forth between them. They continued to stare in silence as Amaryllis and Harper both dipped themselves below the water one last time before swimming to the side, and pulling themselves up. Taniss let out a groan--and Matt shot him a glare. "What?" Taniss said defensively. "You're staring as much as I am."

Harper whipped her head forward, her hair falling in a wet, tangled curtain over her head. She ran her fingers through it in an attempt to untangle it. Amaryllis dug in her bag for some clothes. Suddenly, she stopped, and turned around, glancing up at the building.

The guys couldn't move fast enough, and her eyes landed on them in the window, her eyes narrowing to slits. Matt and Taniss fumbled with the blinds as she mumbled something to Harper. They were both glaring at them when they finally got them to shut.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"See, someone WAS watching us." Harper told Amaryllis as they watched the blinds shut.

Amaryllis sighed, wringing out her hair. "Boys are perverts."

"You said like thirty minutes ago that Taniss had a nice butt."

"I can't appreciate a boys butt?"

Harper rolled her eyes, pulling on a t-shirt, and some shorts over her wet clothes. "No, you cannot. And especially not the butt of someone who kidnapped us." She added, pointing a finger at her friend. The kiss her and Matt shared flashed back into her mind, and she could feel herself turning red, so she instantly turned away, gathering up her stuff. "Let's just get back and yell at them."

"That's exactly what we're going to do!" Amaryllis said, throwing a fist into the air. She grabbed her backpack, and they marched back towards the motel door. She threw it open, feeling extremely annoyed with the boys. "I can't believe they'd stare at us like that." She told Harper angrily, still pulling her shirt on over her head as she walked.

"We can always hit them over the head with a wine bottle." She suggested as they passed through the lobby on the way to the stairs.

"Good idea." Came a new voice behind them in a thick accent. Before Amaryllis could even turn around, someone snatched the wine bottle from her hand, and it shattered against her head, sending glass flying in every direction.

Harper opened her mouth to scream out her name as she slumped to the ground, but someone covered her mouth with a rag before she could. She struggled against whoever was holding her from behind, keeping her from turning around, but her eyelids were closing on their own accord. She was only just realizing that she was breathing in a strange chemical, but it was too late. The last thing she saw before everything went black was a man with sandy brown hair reaching down to grab Amaryllis.