The Poison in Your Blood

Like A Sin My Secrets I Must Confess

I’m standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom working on my makeup. It’s been a couple days since Austin’s show and I’m going to lunch with Madison. It’s been a long time it seems since I’ve gone out and had a girl’s afternoon. I kind of miss it.

Austin has a bunch of work to do in the studio and Anna and Josh are taking a trip to the beach. I don’t know how I feel about Anna being alone with Josh in his car, but I guess he takes her places all the time. He even takes her to school now. I also kind of wonder how a pair of dark creepy kids is going to seem on the beach. She bought a new bikini a couple days ago though and I figure she’ll do alright.

I have music on pretty loud in the bedroom and I pull my hair into its basic pony tail. I’m not good with hair and so I only put in effort when it’s something fancy or something like that. Even then I usually just pull it up, because it’s easy. I fix my bangs so they go to one side in a nice little point and I nod, feeling like I’ve done alright for a trip out to lunch with my best friend.

I grab my purse and slide on a pair of wedge heels and turn off the stereo system before giving myself one more quick inspection and I head out of the house. I send Austin a quick text to remind him I’m going out with Madison and I won’t see him until dinner most likely. I also text Anna and tell her to be careful and have fun and to make sure she’s wearing sun screen. I get back an instant reply from her telling me to relax and she’ll be fine.

Humph. Teenagers.

I drive to where I’m meeting Madison. Her little car is already parked, so I swing in next to it and haul my ass out of my car. I love my pretty little car, but I still to this day hate that Austin bought it for me after only knowing me for like, two weeks. I strut into the restaurant and see that Madison is sitting at one of the high tables in the bar. She’s already ordered me a drink and I remember that I love her.

I drop my purse on the table and lift myself onto one of the high chairs and she looks up from her menu. “You are late,” she says in a teasing voice.

“I know,” I say. “I got a little distracted with my cell phone,” I admit. I play stupid games on my phone and lose track of time all the time. Today I spent over an hour playing Plants vs. Zombies. Sometimes it’s Bejeweled Blitz. No matter what it always consumes my mind for a lot longer than I plan.

“I see,” she says. “You look nice today.”

“Thank you,” I say and laugh a little bit. “Nowhere near as stunning as you.” She’s always perfect. Perfect make up, perfect hair, and perfect clothes. I can never look as flawless as she does.

“Shut up,” she says and laughs.

She’s been through a lot with me really. She’s been with me through some of my darkest times, and she’s always there to tell me I’m gorgeous and special when nobody else is. She is without a doubt the most important thing in my life, and she’s a big part of why I don’t know how much I’m going to like being a vampire if I’m turned, even though I want that so badly. I don’t know how I can get through life without her. If it were up to me when I turn so will all my friends. Though she probably wouldn’t like that. And she doesn’t even know about Austin. Someday she’ll have to find out, because someday it’s going to be me too.

“So,” I say then and take a sip of the mango daiquiri she’s ordered me. “How was Doug?” I ask in a totally childish voice.

She laughs. “Doug was pretty great,” she says. “He stayed the night, and we put our time together to good use.”

“You planning on seeing him again?”

“I got his number, just in case I feel like I really need somebody to come over and fuck me,” she says and takes a sip of her drink like it’s totally casual. The guy sitting at the table next to us gives her a look and she very casually flips him off.

I laugh out loud.

Our server comes and I order a burger and fries and Madison orders her lunch and the waitress leaves us again.

“So you are going to have some friends with benefits shit going on?” I ask.

“I’m not looking for love,” she says and shrugs. “But a lady has needs, as you well know. Let us not forget that the only reason you ended up finding the love of your life is because you went to a bar and got laid.”

Well that and I’m pretty sure he hypnotized me into loving him for the first couple weeks and after that I was pretty much tied to him. “I guess you have a point,” I say and smile.

“Doug is a nice guy, and he’s really good in bed, so you know…works out,” she says.

“Well as long as it all works out,” I say.

She gives a little nod. “How about you, any wedding planning done yet?”

“Not really,” I say. “I looked at a couple dresses, but I’m not sure what I want you know.”

“You’re wedding should be fun,” she says.

“I just need to make sure I’ve found something that works for both of us,” I say.

“Oh,” she says and nods. “I see what you’re saying. How is Austin doing?”

“He’s alright,” I say.

Accept I think it’s been two or three days since he’s gone out and I’m starting to feel concerned about it. I’m going to have to donate blood again soon if he doesn’t start taking care of himself. But I don’t think that’s the kind of thing she was asking about.

After lunch we decide to spend some time in the mall. It’s really a lot of fun just hanging out with her and being with her. We are looking at some shoes in one of the mall stores. She’s standing in a pair of leopard print stilettos and she’s looking in the mirror.

“What do you think?” she asks.

“I think they are gorgeous,” I say.

She gives me a grin. “I think so too. But they are expensive.”

“That is a problem,” I say. “Or it would be, if I didn’t have a credit card.”

“I don’t think I want to put you in debt,” she says and sticks her tongue out at me.

“I have a ridiculously rich fiancé,” I say and shrug. “He won’t tell me where all the money comes from, but he’s got more of it than I can begin to understand.”

I caught a glimpse of his bank balance the other day while he was doing some online bill pay thing and I about had a heart attack. I didn’t make a scene, I just casually questioned where all the money came from. He said something about investments but I could tell he was lying and I didn’t figure I’d get into it. He’s probably secretly a Vampire hit man or something.

“He’s pretty low key for somebody with a lot of money,” she says and looks at the shoes in the mirror again.

“I know,” I say. And honestly I appreciate it, because I hate rich people who think they are important. I insist on buying Madison the shoes and I can’t help but get myself a pair even though I just got new shoes. I mean really, a woman can never have too many pairs of shoes.

We leave the shoe store and shop around in a clothing boutique. I see a dress I have to have and I try it on in the fitting room. I turn around and show Madison and she gives me a once over.

“I think it would go nicely with the shoes you just bought,” she says.

I nod in agreement. This dress would look killer with the shoes I just bought. “I think we need to make a night out, tonight,” I say. Because honestly, I look damn good in this dress and who doesn’t like to go out and party once in a while.

“That could be fun,” she says.

“Would you be hurt if I invited my babe?” I ask.

“I enjoy being a third wheel,” she says in a teasing voice.

“He will be the third wheel, we’ll only take him so he can buy us drinks and hold the doors open for us.”

“Oh well in that case it sounds like a great time,” she says and laughs.

“We’ll need to get you an outfit,” I say.

“Well, I love shopping,” she says and we both laugh.

I get back into my regular clothes and we head out into the store and shop around. We find her an outfit that I mean really…it only adds to how gorgeous she is. Bet Doug would like to check her out in this. She matches it with the leopard print shoes and we agree that we are a pair of flames.

We decide since we are going to make a night of it to get our nails done and shit, and I text Austin from the pedicure massage chair. Meet us at the Roxy! And come prepared!

My phone rings in a text a few minutes later. Prepared? it says.

I yelp a little when the lady doing my feet pulls something out of the corner of my toe nail. She apologizes profusely in her heavy accent and I try and tell her it’s not a big deal. Madison laughs a little and flips through her magazine. I turn my attention back to my phone.

I bought a new dress I type and send.

Woman, you are going to send me into bankruptcy. :-P

I roll my eyes. I saw your bank balance

Fine, fine. Is it at least a nice dress?

You’ll have to see for yourself

He doesn’t answer me again so I figure he’s coming and we’ll see him in a little bit. I decide I better text Anna and let her know what’s going on so she doesn’t worry that he killed me and got rid of my body or something. She has a way of over reacting.

Anna, Austin and I are going to have some drinks with Madison. You are on your own for dinner

She answers immediately like always. Josh already bought me dinner. We are at the house watching a movie.

Make sure you use a condom I type back. I’m sure she’s staring at that one with horror. I get back a tongue emoticon and I don’t bother responding. I lean my head back on the chair and enjoy having my feet massaged.

We walk out of the nail salon with fresh painted toenails and pretty new acrylic fingernails. I’ll probably end up in some kind of fight with my husband over this but you know, he lets me get away with a lot in the long run.

We change our clothes in the restroom and head back out to my car. We left her car at her place on the way to the mall from the restaurant. She gets in the passenger’s seat and I turn up the radio really loud and roll down the windows. Nothing adds to a sexy dress and shoes like the windblown sex hair look.

We jet to the club with the music blaring and I park my car next to Austin’s SUV. He’s sitting in the car smoking a cigarette. It’s my fault he smokes again, since he got all freaked out in Arizona the night I forced him to bite me. I don’t bother telling him to quit, I mean really, it’s not like he’s going to die.

He looks at the car before getting out of his and straightening out his clothes. He watches as I step out of my little car dramatically and his eyes scan my body. “Shit,” he says under his breath. “Not sure how my fiancé would feel about me hanging around with two gorgeous ladies like yourselves,” he says and gives me a grin.

“You’re crazy,” I say and kiss him on his mouth. I leave a red lipstick mark on his lips but he doesn’t seem to mind much, he just casually wipes the print away.

“I don’t get a kiss from you?” he asks Madison.

“Not on your life,” she says and gives him a wink.

“We decided that you get to be the third wheel tonight, baby,” I tell him.

He raises and eyebrow.

“You get to buy us drinks and make sure nobody messes with us,” I say and stick my tongue out. “It’s a girl’s night, we only invited you because I need your money.”

“I see how it works,” he says and gives my ass a pinch.

I squeal out loud and slap his arm and he laughs.

“I don’t know how I feel about being the third wheel,” he says. “Maybe you’ll both be my dates tonight.”

“That works too so long as nothing freaky happens,” Madison says and sticks her tongue out.

“Baby, I’m too old to take on two women,” he says.

We both roll our eyes and he puts one arm around each of our shoulders. We walk with our arms around his waist for balance and make our way to the front door. He does some talking with the bouncer at the front and we manage to get right in without having to wait in line. I like this, because my feet are going to hurt bad enough just from being here all night.

We get in the bar and order our drinks. I have a Vodka cranberry and Madison orders a Bloody Mary. Austin orders a beer and he’ll probably nurse it all night, since he seems to clearly see who the designated driver is tonight. Its dark and loud in here but it’s alright. Nothing like clubbing.

I pull Madison out onto the dance floor once we’ve each had two drinks and we dance together to a Guns ‘n’ Roses song while Austin sits at the bar watching us. He’s been watching us all night. Not in a creepy way, but more in a protective way.

After about five songs Madison and I get back to the bar and sit on our stoles, feeling tired and like our buzz is wearing a little. We order a couple more drinks and Austin stands up. He leans down close to me and says something in my ear.

“I’m going to use the restroom. I’ll be back in a few seconds,” he says.

I nod and he gives me a quick peck on the lips before walking away. Madison and I both dance in our seats a little and sip at our drinks. Then I feel somebody’s arm around me and I can tell immediately it isn’t Austin’s. I look up and see a guy I’ve never seen before. He smells like whiskey and cigarettes and he’s obviously been here a few hours. Which, we’ve been her about two and a half but we aren’t creepy.

“Hey baby,” he says to me in a sleazy voice. Amazing that I can tell how sleazy it is even though he’s talking pretty loudly. “Want to dance?”

“I’m engaged,” I say.

“What he don’t know can’t hurt him,” he says.

The speakers are playing a slow song, and it’s not so loud in here. The room’s atmosphere seems a little off. “I’m not interested,” I say. There is a moment of pause then he straightens up.

“What is the problem, Princess?” he asks. His voice has gone from sleazy to scary and I don’t like it. “How about you, Blondie? Looks like you’re low on that drink, let me buy you another.”

“No thank you,” Madison says.

“I insist,” he says through his teeth. “Come on and have a dance with me.” He closes his hand on her arm and starts to tug at her.

“Is there a problem here?” Oh thank god, it’s Austin.

“This guy is harassing us,” I say.

“Just taking Blondie for a quick dance, you won’t get far with the ice princess there,” the scary guy says. “She’s engaged.”

“Take you hands off her,” Austin snaps then.

“Or else what?”

“You don’t want to know.”

Oh shit. I hope this freak just takes his word for it.

“I ain’t scared of you,” he says. He’s obviously been using steroids, so in his mind he probably really has nothing to fear. He’s stronger than all of us as far as he’s concerned.

“You should be.”

Creepy guy manages then to pull Madison off the bar stole and she gives a little squeal and I grab onto her and pull her out of his grip. He looks at me with rage in his beady little creepy eyes and I take a step back.

“Really, ladies, you could have made it easier for all of us,” he says.

Austin pushes him away from us a little bit. “Come on, man. Let it go. The ladies are with me tonight,” he says, clearly attempting to keep it calm. I guess it would be a good thing if this guy didn’t push him over his breaking point. That might not go over too well in a room full of people.

“Don’t put your fucking hands on me! I’ll dance with whoever the fuck I want!” Creepy guy insists and gives Austin a little shove. “Come on Blondie, you’re coming with me,” he says and reaches for Madison again. She steps closer to me and Austin blocks Creepy guy’s reach.

“Just walk away, man,” Austin says.

“Who the fuck are you anyways!? I’ve had it with you!” Creepy guy shouts and punches Austin in the jaw.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! I catch a glimpse of Austin’s face when he turns it from the force of the punch, and his eyes are pitch black. Shit shit shit shit shit!! Creepy guy’s face changes then to terror when Austin looks back to him and he lets out a deep growl. He takes a hold of Creepy guy’s shirt collar and pulls him towards himself. I step over to him then and put my hand on his arm.

“Austin, calm down,” I say.

Creepy guy is squirming with terror, trying to get away. “What the hell are you!?” he screams.

“I suggest you run,” Austin says through his teeth, his fangs showing and everything. He lets go of Creepy guy. Creepy guy stumbles to the floor and scrambles to his feet before making a beeline out of the club. Austin looks at me, still clearly angry. “I think it’s time to go home,” he says.

I don’t protest. I’m not sure I want to stay and have any more fun anyways. I’m half drunk, and Madison is looking a little upset. So I nod and we walk out of the club together. Once we are outside she looks at us both, and her face says so many things.

“Somebody want to tell me what the fuck just happened?” she asks as we move towards Austin’s SUV. I’ll have to get my car tomorrow morning.

“What do you mean?” I ask in as casual a tone as I can manage.

“I mean the part where your boyfriend’s eyes turned black and he growled like a wild animal!”

Fuck, I was hoping she hadn’t noticed that. I really thought it would be better for her not to know all the weird little details you know.

“I…I don’t know what…”

“Lana, I’m your best friend don’t feed me bullshit!” she snaps. “I know what I saw! And I know that the creepy guy ran screaming like a little girl for his mother! I think he shit his pants! So tell me what the fuck!”

I bite on my lip a little bit. I look at Austin and he seems to have calmed down now. He lights a cigarette before we get into the car and he thinks for a few minutes.

“I guess there is no point in lying to you now,” he says. “You know what you saw.” He lets out a trail of smoke and I can see that he hasn’t put his teeth away yet. She’s looking at him with widened eyes.

“The thing is…” I say. “I know, it sounds totally crazy and…and at first I didn’t believe it either you know but um…”

“Get to the point,” she says and crosses her arms over her chest.

“He’s kind of…you know…a..um…” I’m so uncomfortable with this. Even with Anna we didn’t have to come out and say it. She saw it and knew it and we moved on.

“Vampire,” Austin finishes for me. He drops his cigarette butt then and straightens his clothes out. “Are we settled now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am surprised at how much i like this chapter
The ending turned out a little different than planned
And the next chapter will pick up here
I just need to consult with my inspiration for the Madison character
So i can get a good reaction down, haha!
Comments are love and puppies and kitties and hugs and Olaf the White Snowman!
~Jackie