Status: Completed. I hope you enjoyed it~!

If I Can't Have You, No One Can.

Chapter 3

[Name] woke up with quiet moan of pain. She had a splitting headache and a dull, throbbing pain around both of her ankles. For a moment, she laid there, not really aware of where she was exactly, or what had happened the night before, when suddenly, her memories came back and hit her like a big rig slamming into a smart car.

Her [e/c] eyes opened abruptly, but she made no other sudden movements. She kept her breathing deep and even, as though she was still passed out, but she didn't hear anything around her, so she sat up slowly and examined the room.

It was very big and the ceiling was slanted all around her except for a small section right above the bed she was chained to. Her first thought was she was being locked away in an attic. There was only one window, and as far as [Name] could tell, it was still evening.

But how long had she been unconscious? An hour? A day? A week?

Maybe she was thinking too hard about this. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down enough to remember everything about the club. The sound of the music, the colorful lights, and heat of the bodies on the dance floor, the smell of alcohol, and the boy that offered to buy her a drink.

She took the drink, and then she took another, and the last thing she remembered was the blonde hair boy half-dragging her to his car. [Name] licked her dry, slightly chapped lips, tasting the remaining alcohol and her fire-truck red lip-stick.

[Name] gingerly got out of the bed, pleased to see that the chain that bound her there were fairly long, it allowed her to explore the room, to sit in the arm chair in the corner with the bookshelf and the round table with the lamp. To see out of the window (which didn't open) and peer down at the front lawn of the house and the red Honda Civic with tan leather interior in the drive way. She could see now street sign, so she turned her back to the window and tried to walk to the door that she assumed led to the rest of the house.

That was when the chain stopped her, when she was only three feet away from the door. Now she knew that was the exit. The sound of heavy footsteps walking up a flight of stairs made her scurry back over to the bed, which she tried to hide under before she realized that it was pointless; whoever put her in the room would have put the chain around her ankle too. There was nowhere she could hide in this room where she couldn't be found.

She sat down on the bed facing the door, legs and arms both crossed, a glare on her face. The door opened slowly and revealed a familiar face, the blonde-haired boy from last night was smiling softly. He used his foot to nudge the door open further and stepped inside.

"Good morning, sleepyhead~"


He said in a cheerful voice that made [Name] flinch. She mentally slapped herself and promised not to show any signs of weakness. Her glare was in place, but the boy acted as though he didn't even notice.

"That night-gown looks beautiful on you. I was worried about the size, it was my mothers and she had wider hips, but it fits you beautifully."


[Name] looked down at the clothes she was wearing, she didn't even realize they weren't hers.

"You bastard!!"


She squeaked.

"You... You undressed me?!"

"I had too, darling. I couldn't let you sleep in that tight leather dress, it would've been so uncomfortable."


He set the tray down on the bedside table; there was a plate of pancakes, along with some butter and maple syrup, a glass of orange juice, a glass of milk, a vase with a single red rose, some scrambled eggs with bacon, sausage, and a triangular piece of unbuttered toast.

"I know you like pancakes, so eat up, dear."


He turned around, ready to leave when [Name] called out for him and he turned slowly, still smiling.

"Wh-why are you doing this? Wh-who are you? Wh-where am I?"


He blinked, as though he was genuinely surprised by the questions.

"I'm Matthew, darling. You know, you're boyfriend, we've been together since Senior year. You're home now, don't worry, I'll never let you out of my sight again. I promise."


[Name] watched helplessly as he shut the door and walked down a flight of stairs before the tears that were building up in her eyes finally fell freely. She wasn't sure how long she sat there, with her knees against her chest and her face buried in her hands.

It must have been a while, because Matthew came back with a new tray in his hands, this time bearing a grilled cheese sandwich with the crust cut off and a bowl of thick tomato soup and goldfish crackers.

"Awe, you didn't eat your breakfast. I thought you'd be very hungry after sleeping for two days."


Matthew took the now cold breakfast tray and put the lunch tray down on the bedside table. He balanced it on one hand while the other brushed a lock of [h/c] hair behind [Name]'s ear. She flinched again, but he just smiled and left the room, closing the door behind him.

This time, do to the sharp pain in her stomach, [Name] ate the food on the tray, starting with the grilled cheese, dipping it into the soup and not even chewing before she swallowed. When she finished, gathering the left-over goldfish crackers in her hands, she left the tray on the table and sat in a corner, trying to make herself as small as possible.

Her eyes stung from the crying and from the crusty mascara covering her eyelashes. She was still hungry, despite the fact that she devoured her lunch in five minutes. She rested her head against the wall, wrapped her arms around her legs and closed her eyes, trying to pretend that this was all just a bad dream...