Status: Thanks for reading!

Forever

Prologue

And there she was.

My perfect little angel, my happiness, my first daughter. Our first child, for that matter.
She was absolutely perfect.

I took my wife's hand, squeezed it gently and kissed her on the forehead. Her eyelids drooped, exhausted from the tremendous effort, and she collapsed back onto the hospital bed. She gave me a half-smile, too tired to grin, but I could see it in her eyes: the glowing of happiness. Everything about her movements screamed worn out, but her eyes were bright and alive with joy. Her bangs fell in front of her face messily, and she blew out a big breath of air, giggling as they flew up.

"You did great, Ally," I whispered, brushing her bangs back and pressing my forehead against hers. She gave me another slight smirk and grasped my hand tightly.

I kept playing with her fingers until our baby was passed to her. Doctors congratulated her, clapping and saying how great she was. The room was alive with jubilance. The sounds seemed to whirl into a blur as I stared at the necklace that had been placed around her neck.

The half of a blue star.
She was special.

I wondered who her soul mate would be. I imagined a baby boy, wrapped in a blue cloth, being passed to his mother, the other half of the pendant dangling from his neck. Or maybe he was just beginning to walk on shaky feet - a few years older.

"Honey?"

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and my eyes focused back to Ally. She passed me our daughter, and I took her gently, as if I could break her into pieces like glass.
"Rose." She whispered lightly, smiling bigger this time.
"Wow..." I murmured, looking at Rose's eyes. She had dazzling blue eyes, almost frost-like. She stared back at me.

It was priceless.
I reached out and touched the necklace. It was cold, icy to the touch. Her soul mate is farther out there, many states away, maybe even in another country.
But always somewhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
From a father's point of view, thought that would be interesting for the prologue (: Hope you like it!