Status: Thanks for reading!

Forever

Chapter Two

One time I saw a girl get her heart broken.

I was very little, only six maybe. It was summer, and as I stared out the window I yearned to be outside in the warmth. I had deemed the living room far too cold because of the air conditioner, and ventured outside on my own.

I had been walking around my yard, drinking in the sun when I heard someone yelling. I followed the sound of the voices, and snuck behind a bush when I saw a boy and a girl in an alley, hidden from sight, because they were definitely not old enough. Different shaped necklaces hung from their necks, and the boys eyes were dancing with anger. He was looking at the girl with pure disgust, and she knew this, too: for she couldn't stop crying.

He was yelling at her, his voice rising, and from here I could see her red, swollen eyes. Tears streamed down her cheeks like a never-ending waterfall. She let out a sob, and he threw his hand over her mouth to silence it. But the sound she made was unmistakable.

Fear. Pure fear. There was no other sound like it.

"You are nothing to me." He spat in her face. This only made the tears worse - she had now resorted to sobbing into her hands.

"B-but what about everything? Everything we had? You said I was s-special. You called me beautiful, you said..." Her voice broke off, and she continued crying. It was heart-wrenching to watch, and even more heart breaking to think about it at the age I am now.

Now that I fully understand.

"It means nothing." He had growled. He whirled around and stormed off, leaving her there, making her cry even harder. She sank to the ground and pulled her knees to her chest, letting the tears continue their course down her face without trying to wipe them away.

I had stood from my hiding spot and padded over to her, making sure I was extremely quiet. I poked my head around the corner, giving her a big smile, hoping somehow if I was happy, it would transfer over to her. She sniffled and quickly wiped her face and smiled back at me, but I could see that she was afraid that I had saw everything. I wasn't sure exactly what I had seen, but I knew I had to keep it a secret.

"I won't tell," I whispered, grasping onto her three fingers since my hands were too small. She smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"Who cares about boys? They have cooties!" I cried once we separated. She laughed, a real laugh, and squeezed my hand - a quick pump. She ended up venting to me, even though I was so young. I knew I was the only one she would have to let this out to. She told me all about him, how they met, etc. After all this I realized how much time had passed, and remembered my mother who must have been worried sick. Then, we said our good-byes and went home.

I wonder if she still remembers me.

I gazed out my window, staring out at the night sky. I couldn't keep my hands off of my necklace lately. It finally had gone from freezing cold - which it had been my whole entire life - to slowly increasing in warmth every day. I was told that it feels like its burning when they're right next to you, but you get used to it eventually. I even once heard a story of a woman having a scar burned into her chest, an exact replica of her shape.

I sighed, rolling back around in my bed, listening to the rhythmic sound of my fan. Sleep came quick, with dreams filled with lifetimes of happiness.

I woke up to a knock at my door.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) thanks for reading! I appreciate it. sub/comment/rec? <3