Status: Finished!

Sunshine

Debating

Mike lay back into the sand as the sun was beginning to set. A light breeze rippled through his white undershirt and over his bare toes. His button down, shoes, and socks sat in a pile, discarded and forgotten. Melanie stood at the edge of the ocean; an inch or so of water washed over her feet as the waves rolled in and out. The same breeze that Mike felt through his thin t-shirt blew her hair and her dress.

It had been a good night. No. It had been an absolutely wonderful night. Mike had been to the beach plenty of times, and he’d spent more than a few nights in the sand with a girl, but this was different. That’s all he could think. This girl was different. He knew, logically, that it was stupid. All that bullshit about monogamy and romance was pathetic. It was stuff for people who were too weak to stand on their own. It was messy. It was always messy. Mike just wasn’t a monogamous guy. He liked flirting and dancing and fucking random girls. He liked things easy and fun.

He saw every day the toll relationships took on his teammates. Sure, some of the family guys were happy. Yeah, they loved their wives and their kids, but they were burdened with the responsibility of always being, well, responsible. Mike couldn’t do it. He knew his limits, and he knew what he liked. But this girl was different.

“Hey, am I that boring?” Mike cracked an eye open. He hadn’t even heard her sit down next to him.

He sat up. “Meh,” he replied indifferently and shrugged his shoulders.

The young woman punched him on the arm, and Mike shoved her lightly in return.

She muttered, “Jerk,” under her breath, and he coughed a very obvious, “Bitch.”

“Hey!” She shoved him this time, but he barely moved.

“I don’t think you wanna start that war. It’s one you’ll lose,” Mike chimed.

“Yeah, well, I think you’re full of-“ Melanie started but didn’t get to finish her sentence.

Mike had reached across her body, gripping her arm and pulling her down on top of him. Melanie opened her mouth to argue more, but he swiftly covered her lips with his own. When neither broke contact, a chaste kiss quickly morphed into a full on make out session. The redhead settled on top of him, their bodies easily fitting together. She ran her fingers through his hair and nipped at his bottom lip softly with perfect white teeth, causing his pants to tighten around the groin. Mike’s hands wandered slowly from Melanie’s sides down to her ass and eventually her thighs.

She’d abandoned his lips in pursuit of his neck, where she began to bite and suck at a spot that made Mike swear she was psychic. His cock was hard and throbbing now, and Melanie encouraged it as she ground her hips slowly and rhythmically into his. She was driving him crazy, and not only did she know it, but she liked it.

The hockey player knew he would have a hickey tomorrow that would bring merciless chirping from the guys in the locker room, but it was worth it. He wanted to rip all of her clothing off right there on the beach. Instead, he settled for a change of position, rolling them over, so he was now on top.

“Do you wanna go back to my room?” Melanie murmured against his lips.

“Can I be honest with you?” Mike pushed his body up slightly, so that they were no longer making direct contact. Melanie bit her lip, and for the first time a shade of insecurity snuck across her face. “I told myself I wouldn’t sleep with you tonight.”

“Why? What’s wrong with me?” Melanie immediately retreated from Mike, and he quickly backpedaled.

“What I mean is, I want to sleep with you, but I also want to talk to you again-“

She cut him off. “You can’t do both?”

He hesitated before continuing. He wanted to stress that this was entirely to do with his own patterns and behaviors and nothing to do with what he thought of her.

“What if I said that I was leaving the day after tomorrow? And that after that, you may or may not see me. What would you do then?” She asked. Her eyes twinkled in the vanishing daylight.

Mike knew what he’d do. “Then I’d sleep with you.”

“Exactly. Okay, then I’m leaving the day after tomorrow, and you probably won’t see me after that.”

“But-“

“Nope,” She shook her head and planted a soft kiss on Mike’s lips, tempting him. He reclaimed her mouth with his own, and she slipped her soft delicate fingers under his shirt and up his torso. The contact caused goose bumps to erupt on Mike’s skin. How had he lost control of the situation from on top?

“So what’s it gonna be Mikey?” She asked him. He normally despised the nickname, but coming from her round, pink lips it was flat out sexy.

“Okay, alright. You’re not really giving me much of an option are you?” He paused, basking in the amusement plainly displayed on her face. “Can I just tell you something first.” She nodded her head. “I want you to know that when I asked you out, I really planned on taking you out and being a gentlemen, and walking you back to your door, and just going home, which I don’t normally-“

She cut him off, for what seemed like the hundredth time that evening. “Yes, all the mushy stuff. I know,
Richards.”

“You do?” She was biting her lip, clearly still amused.

“Do you think that I actually think that you offer to take girls out to dinner just to sleep with them?” She had a point. “I like you. I had a really good time tonight, but I also want you, now. Tonight. We’ll have my apartment to ourselves because my roommate already planned on spending the night at her girlfriend’s.”

“Girlfriend?” Mike asked as his eyebrows shot halfway up his forehead.

“Yes, we’ll talk about the fact that my roommate is gay later, okay?” Now, Mike was laughing.

“Have you two ever…because I would be totally okay-“ She cut him off once again.

“Shut up. Before I change my mind and send your ass home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uno mas.