1988

2

“You hadn’t even packed!?”
“I forgot! It was late!” Kitten fumbled to throw clothes into her Victoria Secret PINK duffle bag.
“Kitten, you said you had talked to Q and he told you okay. That was your cue to pack.”
“Well, I called him last night...after you got mad at me.” Patrick sighed and took Kitten in his arms.
He had been sitting on the bed, beside her bag, and was folding her things that didn’t make it into the bag. When he grabbed her, he pulled her by her forearms into the space between his legs. His fingers forced her chin up so she would look at him.
“Calm down. Why don’t we look at what you have now?”
“Patrick, we’ll be late!”
“Kathleen. Calm down.” Her eyes fell shut and she took in a deep breath. “Now. What do you have packed?”“Three pairs of jeans, two Hawks shirts, five blouses. Two dresses, three pairs of heels-”
“Kitten. We’re going for two days. We’re sleeping once. You do not need all of that.”
“But-”
“Two pairs of jeans.” Kitten pulled out one pair of jeans and set them on the bed. “Two Hawks shirts are fine.” She took the folded shirt from Patrick and put them into her bag. “Two blouses” She stared down at the bag and Patrick had to nudge her so she would take out three of the blouses. “One dress.”
“Patty!” He gave her a stern look and she withdrew a white dress from her bag.
“One pair of heels.”
“Patrick, no!”
“Kitten. One.” She turned her back to him and he rolled his eyes before sifting through the bag until she only had one pair of heels and two pairs of normal, Vans, in her bag.
“There.”
“My make-up.”
“Kitten, I thought you stopped wearing make-up!”
“I...did…”
“Come on, we’re gonna be late.” Patrick stood up and Kitten scurried to their bathroom to get her toiletries.
It was twenty minutes later when Patrick finally got onto the plane and fell in his seat beside Patrick Sharp.
“Don’t sit next to me.”
“I’m sitting next to Kitten, she just can’t get on yet. Slow your roll, Sharpie.” The elder Patrick rolled his eyes, but turned to speak to Toews.
Once the media was off the plane, Kitten trudged up the steps and fell into a seat close to the door. Patrick Kane stood up and went over towards the girl and sat beside her, lifting her feet and setting them in his lap.
“I hate the media.”
“Did you get asked a question?”
“Yeah! They asked me who my boyfriend was. News flash: you don’t have to date one to be on the plane with them!” The plane laughed at her and she groaned and moved to curl up to Patrick’s side.
“Wake me up when we get to Dallas.” Patrick nodded and before he knew it, Kitten was sleeping against his side.
“You’re a prick, Patrick Kane. You’re a prick and you know it.”
“You speak and sometimes no one knows what you’re talking about.” Patrick Kane laughed. “What?”
“Kitten. Again!” Andrew Shaw cried, throwing his arms out and motioning to her.
“You wake her up and I’ll check you so hard into the boards…”
“Ah, shut up. I’m not gonna wake her up. But she’s freezing. Why don’t you give her a blanket?”
“She’ll get pissy if she wakes up and there’s a blanket over her. She has this stupid thing about flying on planes with blankets.”
“‘S not stupid…” Kitten growled softly at Patrick, digging her nails into his arm.
“She thinks she’ll die if the plane goes down.”
“That is a horrible look on flying, babe. But I’ll leave you alone.” Andrew Shaw moved back to his seat and left the best friends alone.
“Go back to sleep, babe. We still have a half hour before we land.” Her eyes drooped, but she didn’t want to go back to sleep again.
“N...aw…” She yawned and sat up slowly. “I’m fine…”
“Babe, you’re gonna be too tired to drive when we land if you don’t get more sleep.” Patrick wrapped her in his arms and began softly playing with her hair, slowly but surely putting her back to sleep.
When the plane landed, Patrick didn’t want to wake her and he came this close to asking Q to let him carry her off the plane.
But she did have to drive herself to the hotel.
“Kitten...wake up, baby.” She moaned and tossed a hand at him.
“No-touch.”
“Kitty, we’re here, babe. In Dallas.” She groaned and peaked an eye at him and glared.
“Leave me alone.”
“You have to drive to the hotel, babe. I’ll call Shawzer over to wake you up.” She growled lightly but sat up, off of Patrick’s shoulder. “We’ll meet up at the hotel, ‘kay?” She growled and crossed her arms.
“Alright, boys.” Patrick placed a kiss on her pouting lips and grabbed his bag to leave the plane.
“Kitten, I’ll have your room key at the front desk.” She nodded at Q, but kept her frown on her face. He chuckled at her and pat her shoulder before getting off the plane.
Once the team was off, she quickly got to her rental car and took no time following the team’s bus to their expensive hotel. And while she was getting her room key, her phone buzzed in her hand.
I’m sorry, kitten, but Q called us for a meeting. I won’t be done for a while.
Kitten sighed and thanked the woman who gave her the key, and she quickly made her way to her room.
It was a modest room, one queen bed with simple blankets over it. The pillows looked lovely and they were stacked up on the bed. There was a sitting room slash den along with a small, kitchenette. She smiled, but then frowned when she realized that taking something from the large fridge would cost her.
“I thought they were supposed to be free when the room cost a life.”
But she made herself welcome in the room and before she knew it, she was asleep on the couch, waiting for Patrick to tell her he was done.

“You told me we would only be like an hour, Tazer, she’s probably pissed.”
“She’ll be fine, Kane. She knows you’re a hockey player, right?” Patrick glared at Jonathan and quickly jogged out of the elevator to get to Kitten’s room. He knocked quickly and bounced on the balls of his feet.
When it took more than five minutes, Patrick whipped his phone out and called Kitten. But it went to voicemail after ringing five times. Patrick became worried, but suddenly, the door opened and Kitten glared at him.
“Babe, I’m sorry, Tazer told me-”
“You told me you’d only be a little, not three hours.”
“Tazer kept us longer.” Patrick stepped into the room and closed the door behind him, pulling Kitten into his arms.
“I’m never going to get to sleep tonight.” She murmured into the lapels of his suit jacket.
“Babe, I’m sorry.” Patrick rested his chin on her head and sighed.
“Let’s order some room service and just sit here and do nothing.”
“I was up for doing nothing three hours ago.” Kitten looked up at him and stepped back from his arms.
“Kitten, I’m sorry, babe. Please.” Patrick went back to her and wrapped her in his arms again. Kitten didn’t argue, but she didn’t really want to be in his arms at the time.
“Do you wanna go out and eat? We can do that too.”
“Q would kill you if someone got a picture.”
“People don’t know me here, Kitty, we can go. I’ll even call Q and ask.” Kitten kept her gaze down but when Patrick felt her muscles relax, he knew that she wanted it.
“Go get dressed, babe. I’ll call Q.” Patrick let go of her and she went to her bag to find the blouses and jeans she packed. After quickly changing and Patrick getting the ‘OK’ from his coach, the two were wandering Dallas, looking for a place for dinner.
“Maybe I’ll see Tyler Seguin. I’d tap that.”
“You’d better not.” Patrick all but growled. “He’s an asshole.”
“That’s what they want you to think. I bet he’s a sweetheart. And he’s hot.” Patrick felt a growl rise in his throat.
No way in hell is she going to go near that prick.
They quickly found their way into a restaurant that seemed expensive but nice. And after getting their table, Kitten quickly excused herself to the restroom; leaving Patrick to steep at the table.
“Fucking Tyler Seguin.” Patrick growled to himself. “The fuck does he think he is? A fucking joke, that’s what.”
“You know, Kane. You used to be me.” He looked up at the same man he has just been slandering.
“I was nothing like you.”
“Says the one who punched a cabbie…” Tyler chuckled and leaned on the table.
“At least I didn’t tweet a racist comment. It’s 2013, fucker.” Tyler chuckled again, smirking at Patrick, and left to follow his teammates.
Patrick began fidgeting at the table, waiting for Kitten. Now that Seguin was here, he didn’t want to be in the restaurant anymore. And so when he looked up, hoping to find his best friend walking back to him, he saw something else. Something that made his blood boil.
Kitten stood over Tyler, her hands on his shoulders and giggling at something he had said. She threw her hair over her shoulder and leaned down to Tyler, kissing his cheek quickly before giving his neck a hug. But Tyler saw him and smirked and Kitten followed his gaze to the fuming Patrick Kane.
She stood up quickly and shot her gaze to the ground. Tyler was in for it and Kitten was probably going to get a long talk to back at the hotel.
She rushed over to Patrick and sat quietly in front of him. When he didn’t say a word to her, she knew that he was beyond pissed. And they hadn’t even ordered yet.
“Can….do you wanna go?” Kitten whispered.
“Yes.” Patrick seethed.
So before the waitress could even come, they two got up and left, Patrick leading the way with a grip on Kitten’s hand.
The two didn’t speak a word until they got back to the hotel and onto the elevator.
“Patrick, I’m sorry, please-”
Kitten’s pleas were cut short by Patrick shoving her into the wall and kissing her hard. She moaned and relaxed into his touch. She began kissing him back and let him run his hands down her sides and under her ass, lifting her up and thrusting his hips into hers. Kitty jerked her head back and moaned loudly.
That’s when the elevator sounded, telling the pair that they were on Kitten’s floor. Patrick let go of her and snatched her hand to drag her behind him, towards her room. Kitten followed, running to keep up with him.
When they got to her room, Kitty struggled to find her key and unlock the door, feeling Patrick kiss and bite at her neck. But Patrick was having none of her fumbling and he pushed her against the door to try and have his way.
“Patrick-oh fuck!” Patrick ground his hard member against Kitten’s ass.
“Get. Inside.” Without missing a beat, she swiped the card in the door’s lock and it opened, tossing Kitten into the room. Patrick picked her up and kicked the door shut.
He gently set her on the bed and pushed her to lay back.“I want to remind you who you live with, little kitten.” She felt his warm hands slide up her thighs and she couldn’t hold in a purr.

♛♕


“Yes! Johnny!” The mass of Blackhawks fans jumped out of their seats in reaction to their captain's second goal of the night. He was well on his way to a hat trick and he looked like he would be getting his third hat trick of his career.
But next thing the American Airlines Center knew, Nick Leddy had the puck and was blazing a wrister past Lehtonen. The area’s enemy screamed as Leddy was covered by Blackhawks in celebration.
Kitten was jumping up and down in the crowd, cheering on her boys loudly. She didn’t even realize the men behind her were enjoying the show of her jumping up and down in front of them. But when one of their hands reached out and grabbed her, she was quite aware of what they were doing.
She whipped around, snatching the man’s hand, and bending it back to almost break it. The man hollered in pain and begged for his hand back.
“Keep your grubby paws to yourself, pig.” She bent his hand back farther, causing him to whine, and threw his hand against the back of her seat. He whimpered in pain and took his hand back. The man’s friends muttered jokes at him about being harassed by a girl.
The Hawks scored four more times in the game - that was, until Patrick Kane was given the puck by Bolland and took it down the ice and backhanded a goal. Kitten was screaming at that point, and Patrick heard her without a problem. He looked up at her and winked, causing girls around her to giggle and go swoon, but she knew it was for her. Visions of their pre-game activities flashed through her mind and she went beet red.
She could still remember the feeling of his curls tangled between her fingers and his talented mouth between her legs. She quickly sat down, trying to stall the pleasure from rising again.

Patrick’s goal was the final of the game and soon Kitten was wandering around the arena, trying to find someone who would take her seriously and let her back to the locker rooms.
But she suddenly found herself with her back to the wall and them same, grubby man standing in front of her. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to ignore the man’s promises of making her pay for making him look like a fool.
“Hey! Hey, get off her!” The man turned and quickly retreated before getting himself into another confrontation.
“Are you okay?” She slowly peaked her eyes open.
The man in front of her was wearing a jersey, emulating her own Patrick Kane jersey. He looked young, around her age, and he was handsome.
“Y-yeah-I’m fine.”
“Are you sure? You look really shaken up…” She nodded again, feeling her anxiety rising in her chest. She was going to have another panic attack.
“I-I’m fine.” Her hands began to shake and she quickly walked away from the man.
“You’re not okay, you’re shaking.”
“I-I need to find P-Patrick. Patrick!” He took her wrist and pulled her towards him.
“Who is Patrick?”
“K-Kane-I need to find Patrick.”
“Okay…come here.” Kitten allowed the man to wrap his arms around her and lead her towards a security guard.
“She said she needs to find Patrick Kane, I know it sounds weird. She’s shaking and-” The guard stopped him from talking and spoke into his microphone.
“Steward, send up Jason - we’ve got a situation here.” Kitten stayed wrapped in the man’s arms, even when ‘Jason’ came and the man explained her situation again.
“Alright, come with me.” Kitten’s feet moved for her as the man pulled her with him, after Jason.
“My name’s Alex,” He whispered into her ear. She heard him, but she didn’t - couldn’t - reply to him.
The guard, once at the visitor’s room, told Alex and Kitten to wait until Patrick came out. If he came out.
“Are you okay, doll?” Kitten’s anxiety was fighting her. She almost had it under control. Almost. She was sure if this man tightened his hold on her or said something else to her, she was lose it and breakdown.
“Kitten,” Her head shot up and she threw off Alex’s arms, latching onto Patrick’s body. “Kitten-” Patrick lifted her from the floor, carrying her with him into the locker room. Alex was left alone, the guard also gone.
It left him with one question: Who was she?

♛♕


“What happened, Kitten?”
“A-a man. He’d grabbed me-me during the game, I did-I did what you-” She let out a sob. “I did what you told me to! And he-he found me a-after the ga-game! He told me-he told me that he’d make me p-pay. For making him look like a fool!” Patrick did his best to restrain his rising anger and listen to his kitten.
“Kitten, it’s okay. I promise you, he’ll never find you again. Or touch you.” Patrick pulled her against him and began stroking her hair.
The duo had somehow made it from the American Airlines Center to Kitten’s hotel room without being called out or photographed. And the second she got on the bus with the team, since Joel knew Kitten well and knew that if he had made her drive to the hotel, she would have crashed, she broke down and began having a panic attack. The Blackhawks watched in fear: for her and for the poor soul who had caused her anxiety. (Once or twice, Patrick had shown his true colours to a man who broke her heart before.)
Kitten curled up in Patrick’s arms, laying fully on his chest, and crying her eyes out. She hated panic attacks, but she hated them when other people saw her. So, her attack was worse than usual and she required a cold shower to stop her shaking.

♛♕


Patrick carried her, bridal style, into her room. Her shaking was scaring him, even though he’d seen her this bad before. He carried her into the bathroom and was forced to lay her on the ground as he turned the cold water on in the shower. When it was streaming from the hose, he turned to Kitten and began to pull her layers off, until she was down to nothing. He lifted her into the shower and let the icy water rush over her body. His suit became wet in the process; he didn’t care.

He set her in the tub and pluged it, letting the water gather under her. She hugged her knees to her and began letting tears flow from her eyes, while Patrick splashed water onto her back with his hand, soothing her shaking.

When she finally looked over at him, her eyes were puffy from crying, but he could see the smile and apology in her eyes. Patrick smiled at her and sat on his calves beside the tub. He continued to play with the water, slashing it on her at times. He began telling her about the game, as though she hadn’t been there, and he let her relive his goal from his eyes.
Au
♠ ♠ ♠
I love to see all the people subscribing, but I really, really want comments.

So I've decided that I'm gonna withhold posting the next chapter until I get at least two comments. Please!

please and thank you, :*

(ps, that guy Alex might have something to do with the future..)