Status: Completed

Fooled Again

Stupidity

I had always hated eating alone, especially in public. Many people do it and they don't seem to mind but as I said I'm not one of them.
I don't mind being alone, I can sit at home for hours writing, watch tv or anythign else my mind can think of but public alone eating is something I avoid as much as possible.
However if I can't find someone to dine with me I try to look as buisy as possible, I check my email, some social sites or other things on my phone, if I get really bored I call someaone and talk to them. If I can't do any of that I usually carry a pen with me and try to find some paper to write on. Anything to not seem so lonely as I really am.
It was dinner time again and ever since I had lost my job I hadn't been out of the house much, I had the same routine every day and today I was really restless and needed to get out of the house. I had tried calling some friends to see if they had time to come eat with me but everyone t be buisy. So even though I hated to eat alone I decided to walk down to the diner for a change of scenery.
The diner was a fifteen minute walk from my house and even though it was chilly outside it figured the walk would do me good. I took my jacket and put it on before leaving.
I thought back on the good old days when I was still in school, I had such high hopes for the future.
Elementary school teacher was the dream carreer for me and the day I graduated was the best day in my life. Sadly the need for teachers in that particular age range is not that high, most schools around here had the teachers they needed. I should've reserached job opportunities before enrolling.
The bell on the door chimed as I walked in to the diner.
”Hey Dylan!” my friend Tyra greeted me as she came out of the kitchen.
”Hi” I simply said and went to sit down at a booth, the diner was nearly empty just a few dirty construction workers eating their dinner and trying to flirt with Tyra and the other waitresses.
”Dad, I'm taking a break now” I head Tyra shout to her dad before she came over to sit with me.
”I was hoping you'd come in today” She said overly cheery.
”Yeah why?” I asked not sharing her happy mood at all.
”My are we grumpy today” She said jokingly and continued ”I have big news”
”You're pregnant” I said sarcastically.
”I wish, but no” She said sticking out her tongue at me ”It's even better, I have found you a teaching job”
”Really?” I said and looked at her in disbeleif, how could she have found me a job, had I missed something here?
”Don't you look at me like that” She said and pouted.
”Sorry, Tell me more” I sighed.
The smile reappeared on her face as she told me about the job, it was as a preschool teacher in Forks, Washington.
"But then I'll have to move way from here and you" I said.
" I know, but its not that far and I promise I'll come visit you as much as I can" Tyra said smiling.

I went to the interview and it went so well that I got the job, things were finally looking up. I got a class of seven kids which I thought was little but in a small town like forks it was big.
Weeks flew by with all the introductions and such but it was rarely simple, I knew what I had to do and the school gave me free hands to form my own working environment.

There was a knock on my classroom door, it was after hours and I wondered who it could be " Come in I called" and a few seconds later two of the most beautiful people I had ever seen entered. Both of them had perfect skin and their eyes were a shade of gold tone I think, the woman had long dark brown hair with beautiful curls whilst the man had a Bronzy brown color.
"Are you miss Urie?" The woman spoke in a smooth voice.
"Yes I am, how can I help you?" I asked smiling,
"My name is Edward, this is my wife Bella and we would like to enroll our daughter and the principal said that we should talk to you" Edward said with an even smoother her voice.
"Ok, please take a seat" I said gesturing to the chairs across my desk whilst I looked for some application papers.
"What is your daughters name." I asked once I had the papers in order.
"Renesmee Cullen" Bella answered.
"Renesmee that's an uncommon name" I said " it's very beautiful"
"Thank you" Edward said
"It's an combination of our mothers's name" Bella informed
"Where did she go to daycare?" I asked.
It was a fairly simple question but it seemed like they became nervous by it.
"I was a stay at home mom" Bella said.
"Ok, so she has been with you the whole time then?" I asked to clarify.
Bella nodded.
I asked them the usual questions as I filled the application. The Cullen's thanked me and left not to long after we were done. Tomorrow they would bring Renesmee around to look at the school and Monday would be the first official day.

I greeted Bella and Edward as they entered the school, with then they had the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen. Her skin was pale but not as pale as her parents, she had a mix of brown and bronze hair and her eyes were a chocolate brown.
"You must be Renesmee" I said to the little girl.
"Yes" she said shyly.
"Welcome to preschool, I am miss Urie and I'm gonna be your teacher" I said smiling at the little girl so that she would feel less afraid "Do you want to look around a little?"
Se nodded and took her mothers hand.
I showed them around and told them about the school, I also told them that I was fairly new here and such.
After the tour I looked at Renesmee and asked "Do you feel like you wanna come here on Monday?"
"Yes" she said quietly.
"Well then I will see you then." I said smiling " you have a good weekend"
"Thank you, you to" Edward said and then they left.

Renesmee fit right in and I soon noticed how clever she was, in fact she was a bit over developed.
"She knows things that most children her age don't and she reads better then most kids in the first grade" I said to my colleague.
"Well maybe the parents have pushed her." She said.
"I don't know, but I am a bit worried." I said.
"Then maybe your should have a parent teacher conference or something?" She suggested.
"That's an idea, thank you Gwen" I said and left for class.
That same day I sent a note home with Renesmee where I asked Edward or Bella to call me, a few hours after Bella called and she sounded worried, I ensured her that nothing was wrong only that I wanted to talk to them about Renesmee but that didn't seem to calm her down.
The meeting was set for the next day after classes.

"Mr and Mrs Cullen please sit" I said and they did " I asked you here because I am a little puzzled about Renesnee, she' such a clever girl and there is nothing wrong with that but the things she knows and how well she reads already, I have to ask you how she is at home. Do you read to her and such."
A look of relief showed on their faces, something was wrong here I could tell.
They told me about their family, Bella was an only child and Edward was adopted and had four adopted siblings and they all lived close to each other.
For now I couldn't find anything out of order with the family so I decide to just drop this whole thing for now. I told them that they have a daughter they can be proud of.
When I came out there were a bunch of people waiting in the hallway, one of them was Renesmee. I assumed that the other ones were the family.
"Miss Urie, this is our family." Edward said and started introducing the, one by one, they all had the same pale skin and golden eyes.
The slightly older man with sleeked blonde hair was the father Carlisle, he was a doctor at the hospital beside him was a woman who had brown hair with caramel hints, she was the mother and her name was Esme.
The big muscle man that reminded me of hee-man was Emmett and beside him his beautiful wife Rosalie, her eyes pierced through me and left me feeling a little cold and her pale blonde hair was perfectly styled with curs in at the lengths.
The last one and the one who was standing further away from us was the one that got my attention, his honey blonde locks and golden eyes but they were not as clear golden as the others they had a mix of red brown tones to them. Even at the distance between us I could tell the difference. He was introduced as Jasper Hale, not Cullen like the others.
They all greeted me happily but when Jasper took my hand he squeezed harder and he looked pained.
Bella and Edward thanked me and they all left.

Jasper Hale...
His face haunted me, it didn't matter how hard I even tried to forget him it wasn't possible.
It didn't help that he came to collect Renesmee a few days, he barely said a word to me and for some reason that stung and made me very sad.
He was one of the people I was interested in getting to know, beside the people I work with (who weren't that many) I didn't have much of a social life or friends.
My head told me it was better to not befriend any of the children's family but I longed to be with Japer and get to know him.

One day, out of the blue Jasper asked me out to coffee. He said that he knew it was maybe not the smartest thing to do since I was his (adoptive) niece's teacher but I told him that I'd love to grab a coffee with him.
"Tomorrow?" He suggested.
"Sounds good, I don't have any plans for the weekend so it would be nice to do something other then sitting at home" I said happily
"Let's make it lunch then?" He then suggested.
"Works for me" I said.
"Do you think it would be fine if we ate at my house, I kinda have a thing about restaurants" Jasper said.
"Yeah, that's fine" I said a little surprised.
"I'll pick you up say, is 10 to early?" He asked " I thought we'd take a walk in the woods or something"
"Works fine for me, I love being outside but I haven't dared enter the woods here" I said
"Afraid you'll get lost?" He asked.
"Very, and then I'll get eaten by the enormous wolves we have here" I joked.
"It's settled then" Jasper said and looked a little happy.

The next morning he picked me up at then like he had said and took me to the woods where we walked for hours and talked about everything. I asked him about his family and his past, I noticed that the past was something he didn't want to talk about so I let it go.
We had the most amazing day and I could feel that deeper feelings were developing for this gorgeous and mysterious man.

When we came to his house the whole family was there even Renesmee, it felt a bit awkward being in the house. Jasper gave me a quick tour and I noticed the lack of beds in the bedrooms, that was weird.
"Welcome" Esme greeted once we came back down.
"You have a lovely home" I complimented.
"Thank you dear" she said.
"Would you like to take a seat Miss Urie, there's something we need to talk about" Carlisle said sounding very serious.
I sat down and they told me that they had a secret and I was closing in, they somehow knew that I wouldn't give up in finding out what it was. Now they did not know what to do with me.
I was beyond scared, confused, sad and angry. Scared for what they would do to me, confused over what big secret they could have, sad that Jasper had tricked me and angry at myself for falling for his scam.
Carlisle asked me nicely to wait in a room and I didn't have a choice, they were good people and I hoped that things would work out.
I waited in the room, there was a couch and a bookshelf. There was also a huge window where the couch stood, so I sat down there and waited.

"You didn't like me at all did you?" I asked bitterly with my back facing him and looking out the window "You only brought me here until you figure out what to do with me"
"At first yea, I was only using your feelings for me to get you here" Jasper said.
"That's all I need to know" I said trying to hold back the tears " you can leave now"
I heard the door close and then I broke down, how foolish was I to think that he could actually like me.
The door opened again and I stopped crying and dried my tears before turning to meet the person who had entered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wasn't gonna post this one but with a dead computer and no way of getting to the other stories this story got its way on here.
I hope you enjoy it and if you do give me a shout :)

//
Alina