Status: Thanks for reading please comment.

Loki and Aurum

The great news

{Eight years old Aurum’s POV}
“Aurum get over here, it’s time to get dressed, you have an important meeting with your mother and some surprise visitors,” said Arista, my favorite servant. “Who are these visitors?” I asked curiously. I had always been curious when I was a child, I still am. “Now if I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise would it?” Arista said. “No I guess not.” I said. Arista had laid two dresses on my bed. The one on the left had been a red dress with tiny gold bows on the short puffed sleeves. The one the right had been a long sleeved emerald green dress, with a big shiny black bow in the back. I noticed that the colors were different than other dresses I own. They weren’t my usual colors, they were someone else’s. I picked out the one on the right, I liked the color green more than red. Little did I know I was picking out my husband to be? “Good choice,” I heard Arista say. When I looked in the mirror after I tried the dress on, I was astonished to see how beautiful the dress had looked. Just as Arista finished braiding my long dark brown hair it was time to leave. “Thank you Arista”, I said. I heard loud cheers and wanted to investigate I went to the nearest window and saw a family walking down a path near my fountain that was made for me as a birthday gift. The family had two boys but I couldn’t see them very well. Arista caught me and I was lead down the hall to the thrones where I saw Kiara, my sister dressed in the red dress I had saw earlier. Kiara is one year older than me but, we get along very well, she is my best friend. On the queen’s throne was my Mother, Queen Madeline. On the king’s throne was my father King Edwin, my Father. Once we were inside the throne room my Mother told us we both looked beautiful and that our visitors will be delighted to see us. “Do you want to see our visitors’ girls?” mother asked. In unison Kiara and I said yes. The doors on the other side opened to reveal a man with an eye patch, standing next to a beautiful woman wearing a golden dress and her hair was half up and half down. Two young boys were standing behind her. One had blonde hair and pretty blue eyes he looked like he enjoyed being here, he wore a red shirt and silver pants. The other boy next to him looked a bit younger than him, he had black hair and emerald green eyes, and he had on an emerald green shirt and black pants. That’s when I realized that that was the color I wore were his and my sister was wearing his brother’s colors. We shook hands and I curtsied, “Hi, my name is Aurum”. He looked to me as if he was confused what to do. “What’s your name?” I asked. “My name is Loki”, the quiet boy said. Then I me his brother Thor and he seemed very nice. We shook hands and I curtsied. My mother was talking to the adults and introduced them to us. “Girls this is Odin the All father and Frigga the king, and queen of Asgard. This is Kiara the oldest and Aurum my youngest. Girls we have a big surprise for both of you. You will be marring these boys once you turn eighteen.” I was shocked though my face may have not shown it, I was angry. I looked to my right to see my sister’s face flushed and blank. I looked over to the boys we were going to be wed to, they didn’t seem surprised like we did. They either had been told, or they hid their shock very well. “We will be meeting every week to ensure that you have plenty of time to get used to each other and each other’s homes.” So that was the beginning of Loki and me, once each week meeting at either Algentine or Asgard.
{8 year old Loki’s POV}
This morning I woke up to smiles of my servants as they told me I would meet my bride today. At first I thought they were joking but by the look in their eyes I could tell they were not. My servants brought me clothes that looked like they were newly made, fancier as I usually wear. It was my colors emerald green and black. Frigga, my mother walked in once I was dressed. “Good morning my little prince.” “Good morning mother.” She had wondered if the servants had told me the news. “Loki do you know about the news of your new bride” she asked. “Yes, mother I’ve heard about my new bride, so it’s true. “Yes my son. We are meeting them today.” “Wait, you mean not only am I hearing about my bride today but I’m meeting her too.” “Yes, but you shall be spending more time together, each week you and Thor will be visiting them and Algentine and they will be visiting Asgard.” What is her name I asked? “Her name is Aurum.” What a pretty name I thought. “Meet me in the throne room after breakfast Loki, which is where you will meet her.” Frigga walked out of my chamber and I finished getting ready. That morning I felt so nervous, wondering who I was going to be paired with for the rest of my life. I went to go to breakfast when Thor asked “Did you hear the good news, brother?” “Yes,” I replied. “I can’t believe that we know who we are to marry at such a young age.” “I can’t wait to see them after breakfast.” Hopefully we will like them. I sat down at my usual spot next to my mother, but she is not there. After breakfast I hurry to the throne room where I find mother, father, but no Thor. “When Thor is ready we will go to the bifrost then to Algentine.” Said my Father. “Thor got breakfast on his clothes, so it’ll be a while.” Said my Mother. Then Thor came down the hallway in a new shirt, still red. We went down to the bifrost and we entered Algentine. Algentine was beautiful and filled with exotic plants and animals. There was a huge water fountain with a sculpture of dolphin. The water would turn different colors as people passed it. Their castle was as large as ours, but simple. Through one of the window I saw girl about my age peeking, she had a dark brown braid hanging down her face. We entered the castle and saw our betroved and their family. The girl from the window was here and she was wearing my colors as well as the other girl wearing Thor’s. Still quite nervous I shook her hand and she curtsied “Hi, my name is Aurum” she said. Her voice was so beautiful I forgot to say my name. “What’s your name?” My name is Loki, I said. Then I met the other girl. We shook hands and she curtsied. “My name is Kiara.” She said. My name is Loki. Then we met the parents, Queen Madeline and King Edwin. Queen Madeline announced the marriage to her girls and even though they tried to hide it I could see they haven’t been told this before. Kiara looked almost sick and Aurum looked confused and angry from the little emotions they were showing. Once a week we visited them or they came to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading please comment and I don't know when the next chapter will be out.