Status: Originally a one shot but went to a full story.

Take the Wind Out of You

How We Are

Flashback

Even though I pleaded guilty about underage drinking at the tavern in North Dakota, I wasn’t very upset when the consequence was hours of community service. If anything; I was glad to be able to see the smiles of people, especially the children at the hospital. After running a few errands I made my way over, a few ideas for some new challenges. As usual, I signed in with the receptionist who already knew me well by name.

“Good morning Jonathan, “she greeted while dialing a number, phone by her ear. She looked up at me for a second with a gentle smile. “Hello, this is…” she began to say as I made my way passed her desk and began heading towards the children’s wing. Before entering I watched them from the window. They all looked to be doing well. Yet, some seemed to be a bit reserved. I observed the room closer and noticed another girl around my age that seemed to be coloring with some of the children.

“Jon!” little Rosie who was eight years young shouted, making her way to me, her crutches containing her from running, so I walked over and picked he up in my arms. She gave me a tiny kiss on the cheek. More of the kids ran over, and I carried each one. “Did you meet the new girl yet?” she asked once everyone went back to their business. I looked over again, catching her eye as she looked away quickly.

“No not yet. Is she friendly?” she nodded, looking over again, the girl made her way towards me.

“Hey I’m…” she began but I was fixated on how gorgeous her hazel eyes were. Her messy bun also caught my attention, which was a bit odd because I preferred girls who, well, made sure to look more professionally appearing. She seemed to be somewhat stressed, like she could use a few hours of beauty sleep. Or maybe some coffee.

“I’m Jonathan. Toews,” I gave my half smile hat most girls seemed to fall for. “Is this your first time volunteering?” She shook her head.

“No, I actually volunteered here before. I’m still studying for my bachelors for nursing. I hope to work here once I graduate in about three years,” she looked around, a sincere smile curved on her cherry lips. I nodded. Oh, she’s smart and caring I thought to myself, something I found attractive in a woman. Something my parents told me to appreciate of one as well. I nodded slowly, as if interested. “You volunteer as well, I presume?” she asked, looking around the room to make sure everyone was still having a good time.

“Yes, but this time I’m doing community service- I’m not a rebel, just, well…” I blushed a bit. I hope that doesn't scare her off I thought, as first impressions mean a lot nowadays. She studied me with those hazel eyes, somewhat piercing me I felt like I winced as she began to make her way back to the table. I stood there, dumbfounded for a bit until she looked back at me, grinning.

“Just because I’m going for my bachelors and like to volunteer doesn't mean I don’t like to have a little fun”. Was she flirting with me? Was that supposed to be a little tease? Whatever it was, I was well interested and defiantly wanted to get to know her more.

Today, Jon’s point of view

“Jon!” Oduya made me snap back to reality as we were doing another morning skate, the game being tomorrow. I looked at him as if I had been concentrating on everyone else. “Uh huh,” he grinned, skating past me to go shoot some pucks. No more distractions I thought to myself as I continued to practice with the team. All of a sudden the boys began to howl. I looked around, confused.

“Is daddy excited?” They joked, teasing me of the news they received a few weeks earlier. A small blush crept onto my face. The only reason; I should have been more cautious in bed. Don’t get me wrong, I’m ecstatic to be having a baby now that she graduated, but I can’t help but feel she might be a little upset because this wasn't how she planned it. She hasn't even started working. Her ambitions were now on pause because, well, I couldn't wrap my willy. For Christ’s sake we were not even engaged yet. I sighed, rolling my eyes and began to go for the puck.

“We need to focus if we want to win tomorrow!” I scowled, taking a shot at Corey. He went for glove, ruining my chance of making a goal as it deflected back. I growled.

Original point of view

I hummed to myself as I lay in the tub, the pomegranate cranberry bubble bath soap Jon bought me last weekend made me feel at ease. I passed my finals and was now a nurse with a BA. The hospital I even volunteered at where I had met Jon was interested in me. I touched my face gently, feeling how much smoother it was now that I was stress free, for now. I had an interview in about a month, so I had time to settle down and just live life since I was deprived for about 8 years. I eased more into the tub, the warm, sweet scented water now hitting my jaw line. I let out an effortless sigh. I ran my hand over my belly. I was already about 6 weeks into the pregnancy. Although I studied the body so well, although I had a practical for nearly everything, although I was able to see and hold organs received from a cadaver, the fact someone was growing inside me gave me a little bit of the goose bumps. Yet, a smile sneaked its way onto my face. Oh, Jon….

I swirled my hand in the water so that more bubbles appeared. Suddenly, I heard the alarm system. Door One opening. I sat up once more, my shoulders getting a bit cold. I heard gentle footsteps followed by a heavy thud.

“Babe, are you home?” Jon called out. Stress in his voice.

“Yes, I’m taking a bath,” I shouted back. His footsteps grew closer. Opening my eyes he appeared before me, in his boxers. I blushed. “Jon.” He smiled- I knew that mischievous smile. “Fiiiine, I’ll scoot over” I giggled, as he slid the remaining clothes of his body and made his way into the tub with me.

“I missed you…” he whispered in my ear, tingles running down my spine as I felt his lips pressed against me. I could feel his mischievous smile. I let out a little peep, signaling that he, once again, found my weak spot. I eased my back into his chest, turning a little so to kiss him. He wrapped his free arm around my shoulder; the other arm was used to tug me onto his lap. “Can you tell?” he said seductively as I could feel something grow by my thigh. I bit his lower lip, moaning slightly. I looked up at him, his brown eyes serious, as always. Yet I always found the softness in them. I got up, turning myself so that he now lay in the tub while I was on top of him. I began to brush my lips on his neck, the smell of his cologne lingered lightly around my nose. I pulled back, looking at him with seductive eyes. He smirked, as if he planned to do this.

“Fuck” I said a bit loudly than getting close to his ear, whispering “me”, as he managed to get up while I grasped my legs to his torso. Opening the bedroom door, I saw that he had laid a few towels so that we would not wet the bed completely. Suddenly, he pushed me onto the bed, my whole body bare and cold. I could see the urge increase inside him as I bit my lip. He came over me, kissing me from my collarbone into my inner thigh. I giggled lightly, his beard brushing slightly against my skin. His fingers parting my lips slightly to allow his tongue to slide over my sensitive spot repeatedly, causing me to moan. I grasped his hair, tugging him a little closer, as he was doing a great job. I looked down, seeing his head bob a little. I pushed him back, than got up and bent over slightly, wrapping my lips around his head as I used my left hand to push back the skin. He let out a grunt, his hands running over my bum, making its way to slide his finger inside me. He let out another grunt, feeling how hot and wet I became for him. I let him go as he began to turn me, pressing his tip against my clit, sliding closer to the opening, teasing me.

“Oh Fuck, Jon” I groaned, as I pressed my body against him, forcing him against his will to break the tightness. I could feel every inch slide deeper, clawing the towel around me. He let out a loud moan, as I bounced myself on him while his thrusts gained momentum. His hands cupped my breasts, kissing my shoulder tenderly. The headboard hitting the wall, making a thud with every movement we made. He slid out and I turned onto my back. He pulled my torso into the air, sliding a pillow underneath my lower back, allowing him to position me in the angle he knew would hit my spot perfectly. I licked my middle finger while looking at him, as he slid inside once again. I reached for a kiss, our tongues wresting as I had my left hand play with my clit, feeling him even more as I grew tighter and closer to climaxing, the other hand brushing against the spot between his shaft and testes, pressing them towards me. I liked to feel all of him pound against me. Getting more wet, I rolled my head back, my body quivering.

“Oooooh,” I howled, my finger brushing over my clit faster, Jon began to thrust harder and I could feel him thrusting as he was about to come as well. Suddenly he pushed deeper inside me, moaning simultaneously. As I collapsed onto the bed, he remained inside me a little more than pulled out, falling beside me. “Jesus, Jon” I huffed, looking at him.

“I’m sorry, I didn't’ hurt you or…” he looked down at my belly. I sighed and shook my head no. He let out a relieved sigh, as he closed his eyes. Our hearts returning to their steady beat as we cuddled. I ran my fingers through his hair, letting him rest against my chest. Sometimes he looks like a sleeping baby I thought as I began to daze off myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give me some feedback, I need to know if this kind of writing style is a good choice or if I'm rushing things or not?
I'd really appreciate it everyone.
I already have the next to chapters written and I know where I wanna take this story- I'm looking at maybe 30 chapters for this if all goes well.