Behind These Butterfly Wings

By The Name of Winter

Slowly and gently flakes fall. Peaceful and quiet, they make no sound. They try to melt but there are more coming down too quickly. More that will soon cause a blanket over the town. More that will cause trees to cry and look down instead of up to the dull skies. The trees will not know to cry because of the weight they have to carry or to cry for the cold they have to endure.

This is the season however that snowdrop flowers blossom, and that lights begin to fill the towns. This is the season that songs are being sung, children are having snow ball fights, and warm drinks are being drunk.

This is the season that goes by the name of winter.

"Snowellda come on, we need to get your hair done." A friend of mine that goes by the name of Flora said.

"You mean you actually know what to do with these ridiculous brown curls of mine." I replied, pulling my hair in irritation.

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Come on."

I sighed and pulled away from the window and sat down at the vanity without a word.

"So are you excited! I hear this will be the biggest yet!" She jumped up and down once excitedly before she began fixing my hair.

I instead, just shrugged and said, "Don't really care. They're all the same either way. All that changes is the amount of people that attend."

Flora frowned and glared at me a bit through the mirror and I realized that she was nearly done with fixing my hair. "You know, you should be more supportive of your father’s balls. Plus, he does them in your time of your blossom." She ended with a smile. Then she took a step back and admired her work. And why shouldn’t she? She had done a marvelous job with my stubborn curls.

But I pouted and crossed my arms. "Why can't I just not attend this gathering like a normal person would?"

She raised an eyebrow at me and motioned me to look at my back in the mirror. That's right...I wasn't normal.

Instead I was a fairy. A fairy with glowing white wings.

And being a fairy was far from normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!! I know its a short chapter! Promise there will be more later! This story will be short! So please comment and tell me what you think!! Like I said, more info and background will come in the next chapter!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'lllll!