Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

The Masked Feelings

Chapter 11: Similarity In Familiarity

*****Cristiano's POV*****

The pair of auburn eyes appear before me, and I can see the anger fuming inside of them. "Long time, no see Cristiano." The words fall harshly from his lips. I swallowed the lump in my throat, and look to Kat who's eyes lit up at the sight before her. I sigh at her drunken state and returned my attention back to the man in front of me. "I see that you're back to your old ways." He says in a tone so bitter that it makes me flinch.
"It's not like that I was just talking to her, you know me better than that, Sergio." I reply and Sergio seems to tense his jaw.
"No, I thought that I knew you; but I was wrong. You're clearly nothing like the man that I took you for. You're a stranger to me Cristiano." Sergio answers and I feel a pounding to my gut as his words hit home. He does know me, better than I know myself right now and I need him, I need my best friend back.
"Sergio, what I did to Tasha was unforgivable and I know that i hurt hurt, infact I did worse than that, I destroyed that; but please, I need you, I need my best friend Sergio." I pleaded, tempted to fall to my knees and beg at his feet for his forgiveness.
"You didn't only walk out on Tasha and Bella Cristiano; you also walked out on me. You left without a goodbye, not a single word. You were my best friend Cris. How could you just leave like that?" He asked with hurt betraying in his voice. I inhaled a deep breath as he took the empty stool next to me, as Kat had gotten bored of me and moved onto a new guy at the other side of the bar. His simple gesture surprised me as I was expecting for him to shout shout at me, maybe even hit me; not to talk it out civilly.
"I'm so sorry Sergio, I want to right my wrongs. I want your friendship back, please?" I begged.

After a couple of hours of catching up with Sergio, and having a few arguments, I was pretty drunk, not too drunk but over the limit to be able to drive. Sergio however hadn't touched his drink, apparently he had quit as Pilar was getting tired of him passing out and waking up with a bad hang over every time that he went out. Given my state Sergio offered to take me back to his house so that I could crash at his, which I accepted gratefully. I sat in the passenger seat in the car and sat back, enjoying the smooth drive, as Sergio sat behind the wheel. After only ten minutes we were back at Sergio's house. The living room light was on which meant that Pilar was still up; here comes another speech about my bad decision. As Sergio and I stepped through the door I could hear a quiet weeping coming from the living room, why is Pilar crying? Sergio and I walked into the room to investigate and as I walked through the door my heart was stolen from my chest and beaten repeatedly before me as I took in the sight. Tasha was crying into Pilar's arms while Pilar whispered soothing words into her ear. That should be me. Sergio took a step towards Tasha, causing the floorboards to creek as Tasha and Pilar's head snapped up towards us. Tasha's eyes met mine, hers were bloodshot from crying and I felt the beating on my heart continue. "What's the matter?" I asked softly as I walked over to Tasha.

*****Tasha's POV*****

"What's the matter with him?" I cursed under my breath as I reached Harry's voice mail for the fifth time this evening. It was now 10 o'clock and I was starting to worry about what the matter was with him. Curiosity got the better of me, as I grabbed my keys and started driving towards Harry's house. The drive wasn't long, only fifteen minutes, but it allowed me to be left alone with my thoughts in silence, which is never a good thing. What if he's hurt? Maybe Cristiano and Harry got in a fight? When I reached his door I didn't bother knocking, if he was hurt then he wouldn't be able to answer the door. When I walked through the door I could hear shouting upstairs, and so I chased the sound into his bedroom... Part of me wished that I never did. As I opened the door there was proof of every fear that I never admitted to myself about Harry, as I caught him in bed, in the middle of sleeping with a random girl. I stood there shocked; I had just been stabbed straight through the chest. After a few second's Harry noticed me in the corner of his eye and his eyes went wide. The girl followed his gaze over to me, and flushed immediately.
"Shit" Harry cussed as the girl walked over to her dress that had been thrown on the floor in urgency earlier.
"You told me that you were single!" She shouted at him and he gave her a sorry gaze. Meanwhile I was frozen in place by the door, shocked and involuntarily unable to move a muscle.
"I'm sorry I lied to you, I really am!" He apologized as she ran out of the door, and he ran after her. I heard the front door shut and it felt like I'd been awakened from my trance. The realization hit me as tears began to trail down my face. Harry had been cheating on me, and to add to that, the knife in my stomach twisted as he chased after her. I grabbed all of the things of mine that I could through my blurry vision, and made my way out of that house that was haunted with memories.

I started the engine to my car and instinctively drove over to Pilar's house. Throughout the drive I was sobbing and driving shakily, fretting a car crash in at my current state. As I parked into her drive I tried my best to wipe at the tears that had burst their barriers. I opened the car door and started walking over to her front door. I knocked on the door hesitantly as my hands began shaking violently, not from the cold. the door opened to reveal Pilar and, taking in my current appearance, she enveloped me in a warm loving hug I followed her through to the living room, when I spilled out everything to her. How I was stupid enough to think that Harry could have been hurt. How I was going to have to come up with some kind of story to Bella with how yet another person has walked out on her life. How I felt about Harry right now; and that was when it hit me like a tidal wave. The similarity between Harry and Cristiano. I went out with Cristiano, he cheated and left. i went out with harry, he cheated and left. Simple as that. I cried into her shoulder and let out a few quiet sniffles when I heard the floorboards creek. Both of our heads snapped up and my eyes met Cristiano's. "What's the matter?" He asked calmly as he took steps towards me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Tasha has caught Harry cheating on her and has run to Pilar and then later Cristiano arrives. Will this situation draw the pair together?