Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

The Masked Feelings

Chapter 14: Baby Steps

"Bella, there is something you should know..." I trailed off as Bella's bright eye seemed puzzled. She gave me a posing expression as I continued, "Harry" I began with too much venom in my voice that I attempted to hide in my second attempt, "Harry isn't going be with us any more. He got a job offer in another country. Because Daddy came back he decided that he should leave so that we could be more of a family Bells." I explained and Bella looked like part of her was missing. The complete look that she had when Cristiano came back was gone and she held the same expression that she had when I told her that Cristiano had left. The look pulled at my heart strings and it took everything that I had not to tell her that she could see him again if she wanted. Harry is out of the picture and that is how it will stay. He was using us the entire time and for that he will not be given the chance to Bella again; never. Tears filled Bella's eyes, and she silently dismissed herself, running into her bedroom and slamming the door behind her. I chased after her, and stood by her door as I heard her choked sobs breaking every few seconds. The longer that I waited the more that my heart broke, and after a minute I couldn't stand it any longer and came bursting through the door. My heart was ripped out of me at the sight of Bella. She was broken thanks to Harry. All because of my stupidity to allow Harry anywhere near her. "Bella" I murmured and walked towards her, wrapping her inside of my arms. Her body shock every few seconds as she let out cries.
"It's all my fault. Every time I get close to someone they run away, why?" Bella whispered into my shirt and my heart cracked at the pain that leaked through her words. I was so close to telling her what Harry did, to prove to her that it wasn't her fault, not one bit. I knew that I couldn't it would only hurt her more and I couldn't bare to see that. That would be too much for and her.
"It's not like that, Harry wanted you to be happy without him. He did this so that you could be happy with Daddy, please don't make him regret his decision." I begged, pulling away from her and wiping the tears that fell from her green eyes.
"Ok, for Harry." Bella agreed and let out a small smile to show her change of heart.
"For Harry" I repeated, hiding my hatred towards the man who had betrayed Bella and I.

Bella and I spent the rest of the day together, playing board games, watching t/v and cooking some brownies. A moan came from Bella and I as we sat down to enjoy are baking while watching an old replay of an El Clasico match. Bella's eyes ignited every time Cristiano appeared on the screen, and when he scored the biggest smile covered her face and a high pitched scream came out. the sight of Bella being so happy made me force myself to pick up my phone and text Cristiano.
'To: Cristiano
From: Tasha
Hey, Bella seems to really enjoy seeing you play, is there any chance that we can come see you play Tomorrow??
Tasha x'
I hit the send button hesitantly wondering if he was planning on bringing a date to the match and so wouldn't have any tickets. No, he said that he would wait forever for me, my sub-conscience reminded me. I turned my attention back to the screen and watched as Lionel Messi dribbled past player after player and then scored a goal, a hiss came from Bella and I chuckled at her reaction slightly shocked as I turned my head to face her.
Bella looked at me with innocent eyes as she defended, "daddy says that he's not very nice." Of course Cristiano said that, behind camera he wouldn't miss an opportunity to snub off Messi claiming that 'he cheats' and 'he plays innocent, but it's all an act' he would tell me. Although, whenever he was on camera he would claim that 'he respects Messi, and thinks that he is a quality player'. I have to admit, it is funny hearing him go on about Messi, another thing that I miss. How he'd go on for hours after a match, about how Messi cheats and every mistake he made; in detail. I found it annoying at the time but I miss his snobby comments now. My phone vibrating snapped me out of my thoughts as my screen lit up showing Cristiano's name.
'To: Tasha
From: Cristiano
Yeah sure, come to the game about 3 hours before kick off (so about 10) and I'll give you the tickets then
Cris x'
I smiled, grateful that Cristiano could get the tickets and sent him back a thank you text before telling Bella, who's entire face lit up at the prospect.

The following morning I got up at 7 to start getting ready. I was unsure of what to wear for the match. although I have been to many football matches, I have never been to one as a mother and yet Ex at the same time. The sudden thought of all of the pap and judgemental glares started to worry me, and so decided that I should started getting changing to try and hold off the nerves. Before I got ready I went down the hall and into Bella's bedroom to wake her up. I shook her shoulder gently and allowed her to stir. "Bella, you need to get up soon. I will come back in 20 to get you ready for the match ok?" I informed her, kissing her cheek lightly as she nodded her head before closing her eyes again. I walked back into my room and got dresses into one of my favourite casual outfits. With a bit of make-up and my wavy hair straightened to just surpass my shoulders I wondered into Bella's room. I had half an hour to get Bella ready, which I did so very quickly, dressing her into a Paris t-shirt with pink jeans. the outfit was very mature yet cute as she looked adorable with the tiny size of the jeans and top. We both had a slice of toast with butter along side a glass of fresh orange juice before leaving the house.

During the car journey Bella and I sang along to a songs from Kelly Clarkson, which helped to ease my nerves. However, no amount of music could have stopped the anxiety issues that I am facing now that I have arrived. I opened the car door, then walked around to the other side of the car to help Bella out. I held her steady hand in my shaky one as we walked towards the entrance where I noticed Cristiano. He was stood leaning against the building, phone in his hand with one leg against the wall and the other on the ground. His sunglasses and hat disguised him very well, and if I hadn't have spent years studying his face in his sleep then I wouldn't have recognised him. Bella let go of my hand and sprinted towards him while I slowly walked over to him. The closer I got the more I wanted to leave, but when he looked up and saw Bella running towards him I knew that there was no going back. Bella ran into his arms, and Cris lifted her from the ground, hugging her close to his body and after a few moments returned her to the ground and looked up towards me. The awkwardness didn't go unnoticed as I finally reached him. I gave him a light hug which he was slightly taken back by but tried to conceal it. "Part of me was worried that you wouldn't show" Cristiano started after a while of uncomfortable silence.
"Bella was too excited for me not to." I explained an Cristiano smiled.
"I'm glad, you little Madridista!" Cristiano cooed as he turned to Bella and held her face in his hand. Bella giggled in reply. Cristiano let her go, and returned his attention to me.
"Here are the tickets; I'll see you after the game?" Cristiano asked as he placed the tickets in my hand.
"Um, yeah; sure" I agreed and he smiled, pecking my cheek lightly before running off to join Sergio was walking towards the entrance with the rest of the team. I managed to catch his gaze, and he smiled at Bella and I before continuing his conversation with Mesut.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Bella and Tasha are at one of Cristiano's match. What will happen during the match, and after the game?

Tasha and Bella's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/tasha_bella/set?id=112868222