Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

The Masked Feelings

Chapter 20: Suspicion

*** 2 months later ***

Everything was going perfectly, everything in my life was finally falling into place. Bella had accepted my mum into her life, as well as Cristiano and surprising Dolores also took a liking to her. Pilar, Sergio, Sara and Iker all grew fond of her and I was very happy about that. I was currently watching a match with Bella. It was a big match in the Champions League, against Dortmund. Last year Madrid were knocked out by Dortmund which was a real kick in the teeth for them as they were so close to qualifying to the final. Madrid were drawing with Dortmund at the moment, but if the match finished like this then Madrid would go out through the away goals rule. Tension was high in the stadium, and the enthusiastic cheers from the crowd still betrayed the fear that leaked through their voices. With only five minutes left on the clock, you could feel the door to the final closing on Real. Cristiano picked up the ball from the halfway line and sprinted through the players. When he reached the box he skilfully dodge the players, until a player stuck out their leg and Cristiano fell to the ground. Penalty. An eruption of cheers and relieved faces burst through the crowd as Cristiano took the ball and placed on the spot. This was it, this was Madrid's chance.

Cristiano placed his hands on his hips as he took deep breaths while staring at the goal keeper. He was nervous, I could see the doubt in his eyes. I closed my eyes wishing that he would score, and opened my eyes as the referee blew the whistle. Cristiano took a run up and hit the ball to the right of the goal. Save. Cristiano's face was shocked and stirred. The stadium suddenly fell silent, and Bale went to go take the corner. Cristiano raised his eyes to me and suddenly the crowd and other players were invisible and it felt like it was just Cris and I. I mouthed 'I love you' to him and blew him a kiss. I noticed his muscles relax as he let out that breath taking smile. Bale kicked in the corner, and it landed on Cris's head. Cris guided the ball into the left corner of the goal and it went in! Bella and I screamed in joy, as we stood up and cheered. The stadium was ignited and the fans began chanting Cris's name. In his celebration Cristiano looked up towards Bella and I and winked, of course I returned the favour by rolling my eyes, following our tradition.

The match whistle blew and it was all over. Madrid were through to the next round! I gave a round of applause with the rest of the fans as the players walked into the tunnel. Bella's eyes were growing more and more tired from the excitement, and her eye lids slowly closed as she sat on my lap. I stood up carefully trying to make sure that she didn't wake up, which I did successfully. Bella stirred a little but her eyelids did not open. I made my way down to the players lounge. I put Bella down in her pram which I had luckily remembered to bring to this match. I was only waiting a couple of minutes before Cristiano came bursting through the doors, when his eyes met mine he came rushing towards me. Cris picked me off of my feet pecking me on the lips and spinning me around. He pulled away with a wide smile. "That was because of you." Cristiano said as he kissed me on the lips yet again. I smiled into the kiss as did Cris, before I pulled away.
"What do you mean?" I asked, resting our foreheads against each other.
"It was all you, your love was what made me do that!" Cris whispered, pecking me on lips yet again as I scrunched up my nose.

Cristiano had decided to celebrate with his team and was out until 1 o'clock in the morning when I finally heard those footsteps return. He told me not stay up, but I was always going to. I heard him undressing and then sliding into bed beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist and bringing me towards him. He pecked my cheek and I couldn't smell any alcohol on his breath, which made my mind jump to conclusions. Where was he? I kept my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep as my mind began weep. Maybe he hasn't changed.

My eyes flickered to the clock, it was 7 o'clock. I rolled onto my back with tired eyes attempting to wander into sleep, but failed. I hadn't slept at all last night, my thoughts kept me awake. I was thinking about every single excuse and reason as to why he didn't drink and there were two options. He either decided to go out, but didn't want to drink or he cheated on me. The second option seemed to be more likely, and no matter how much I tried to deny it, it made much more sense. I sighed and got out of bed, making my way down the hallway to where Bella was. "Bells, do you want me to get you some breakfast?" I asked, and she nodded her head rapidly, following after me. I poured her some cocoa pops and I had an apple as I sat down on the table with her. Cristiano soon came down the stairs, and his hands made their way to my waist. He hugged me there, and smiled at Bella. After a few minutes of small talk Bella had finished her breakfast and left the room. I turned around to look at Cris who held my gaze there about to lean in for a kiss.

He kissed me with an undeniable passion, but what's weird is that it didn't have any trace of guilt in it. I pulled away and he frowned, expecting more from the kiss, however he didn't say anything. I walked past Cris to put Bella's bowl in the dishwasher before walking back upstairs. I pulled out an outfit, and placed it on the bed. "What's the matter?" Cris asked as he snaked his arms around my waist again, leaning his chin on the crook of my neck.
"Where were you last night?" I asked and I heard Cristiano swallow.
"At the bar" Cris replied, I turned to face him and he was lying straight through his teeth.
"I didn't smell any alcohol on your breath though, so did you just not drink or something?" I asked and Cris frowned, biting his lip.
"It's not what you think it is, I promise" Cristiano told me as I raised my eyebrows.
"Then please, tell me what it is." I urged and Cristiano sighed, shaking his head.
"Can't it wait?"
"No Cris. Where were you?" I pushed and Cristiano inhaled a deep breath, preparing himself for whatever he was about to say next.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Cristiano is acting suspicious... What is he up to?

Tasha's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=117128233