Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

The Masked Feelings

Chapter 24: Clouded Daylight

My hands struggled to untie the rope. The more that my hands moved to get rid of it the more that the rope rubbed against my wrists giving me rope burn. After an hour or so of fiddling with the knots in pitch black my wrists were throbbing with pain. I couldn't keep on doing this for much longer and so I gave up. My mouth was dry from the scarf that had been wrapped around it to stop me from calling out for help. It was growing more and more uncomfortable as my mouth became more and more dehydrated. Maybe there wasn't an end to the darkness. Tears filled my eyes and I had to bite down hard on my lip while blinking at lightening pace to keep them back. If they see that they've hurt me then they'll know that they've made the intended effect; and I refused to give them that satisfaction of seeing me in pain. My heart was hammering in my chest as they air grew more and more thick to the extent that it felt like a heavy weight on my shoulders, pressuring me to the ground. Why? Why did Harry even care enough about me to hold me hostage? Why would he bother going through all of that effort for me? Do him and Irina really hate me that much that they will go out of their way and break the law just to make me feel pain. I never really understood Irina's hatred towards me, in fact; I always believed that it was more jealousy than hatred but I was wrong. Very wrong. To do this causes a motivation much stronger than jealousy; she despised me.

The sound of a key being turned and the door opening slowly bought me back into reality. I looked towards the door and couldn't see who the person was. Cristiano? I thought and prayed. I stared at the outline of the figure as it moved towards the light switch. It couldn't be, could it? Had he really found me? I then heard the door opening again as another person walked through the door and all of my blood rushed to my ears in anticipation, waiting for the voices to speak. If it was Cris, who would be with him? Serg? Iker? My eyes were glued on the figure as he reached the switch and flicked it on. Cris? there he was looking at me and relief filled me. However as I blinked again Cris was no longer there and was replaced by my father and Harry who were both giving me menacing smiles. My eyes had been deceiving me. I sent death glares across to my father as he took a seat while Harry walked up to my chair and started circling it. He removed the scarf from my lips and I could finally close my mouth and talk. "What do you want?" I spat in a voice that was darker than I'd ever spoken in. "What could you possible want from me?"
"I want a lot of things from you... but I just thought that the least that I could do for you is explain what's going on. I know that you've probably been chocking yourself on questions that you've been dying to ask so I thought that we'd answer them. But if you dare do anything to me or say anything that I don't authorise then you will be punished." Harry warned as I glared at him, who did he think he was to keep me from doing anything in my own will. I wasn't even allowed to say anything that wasn't authorised. "See, that look there; wipe it off your face or I won't tell you anything" Harry threatened. Suddenly I felt so small, I was like a strand of grass under Harry's shoe. He just seemed to keep on stomping on me until I eventually couldn't stand back up.

"Fine then." I sighed, and Harry came to a stop in front of me with a straight face. "What's going on?" I asked, acting uninterested when really it was quite the opposite. My mind was swarming with questions that only Harry had the answers to.
"Well, when you and Cristiano got back together it's safe to say that I was fuming. We had just broken up and then you were suddenly getting with Cristiano after all that he's done to you." Harry began, and I opened my mouth to interrupt him but he lifted his hand to silence me. I hated how he was acting all innocent when he was the person who screwed me over. "And so I came up with a plan to satisfy all of my needs. I could hurt you, and still have you. I would be able to do whatever I wanted with you while be with whoever else I wanted to. So I did a bit of tracking and found your father knowing that he could help to hurt you. He was more than happy to help, especially after I offered him money. We were going to wait a while to do this, going to wait a few years till you and Cris became more serious so that it would hurt when we took you more; but then you two started moving so fast that we had to change the plans and so we picked the date of your engagement party. At first I planned on keeping you here for a few months until I've enough of you and then I'll give you back to Cris; but when you came here I realized that I didn't want to let you go. Not now. Not ever." Harry explained and my stomach twisted and I felt sick. He wanted to hurt me for moving on from him and now he doesn't want to let me go. The way that he spoke of me made him sound so possessive. What if I never get to leave. What if I never get to see Cris again? My head began to throb just at the thought. I couldn't survive never seeing him again. That would be the death of me.

After a few minutes of explaining the rules of 'my stay' Harry and my father left the room. Apparently I was not allowed to attempt to escape. If I did then there would be a punishment. I was not allowed to call for help, if I did then there would be a punishment. I was not allowed to be disrespectful towards him, my father or Irina or there would be a punishment. I was only allowed to talk when given permission or there would be a punishment. I no longer had a free will. I no longer had the control of anything. Harry had complete control over me and I had no say in it what so ever. The anger that I felt towards Harry only prompted me to break free even sooner. However I knew that I needed some sleep before I carried out my plan. I needed sleep to clear my head and straighten out my plan. I closed my eye lids and waited for sleep to over take me but it didn't I was too scared that Harry, Irina, or even worse my father, would come through the door and beat me up at any time. I screwed my eyes shut and kept them shut forcing myself to think of Cristiano and to think that the bristled rope was actually Cristiano's soft hands; and after a while I fell into a light sleep that was unfortunately haunted by Harry's smile.

When I woke up I could hear no sound, and no light was shining through the only window in the room. the window was only about the size of my flat hands put together, however the darkness was enough to tell me that it was the early hours of the morning. And the benefit of being in a relationship with Harry is knowing that he was a late sleeper whereas I had gotten programmed to waking up early after living with Bella. Bella. My thoughts suddenly rushed to her. How would she feel knowing that her mother had been abducted? I could picture the look on her face after hearing the news; the same look that she held when she found out that Cris had left us. My hands tried working their magic on the ropes, remembering all of the tactics that I had used on Bella's laces countless times when they got knotted. Follow the rope, find a tangle, loosen it and then pull it out. I took deep breaths as I followed this through trying to calm my shaking hands. At last my hands jolted free and I clasped the rope and laid it on my hands. My hands quickly rubbed over the marks from where the ropes had been. My fingers became moist with a sticky substance on them. Blood. My hands fumbled into my blazer pocket where I took out my phone. I shone the screen onto my wrists and sure enough they were stained with crimson blood. I then scrolled through my contacts to find Cris's name. I called his number patiently until I heard his voice and relief came surging through my veins like a tsunami. "Hey, it's me." I replied and I could picture his face as he heard my voice, the same as when I heard his.
"Tasha, oh my god, Tash. Where are you?" He asked and I could hear the concern lacing his voice.
"I'm much better now. Listen I'm at-" I began when the door swung open and Harry's dark eyes met mine. Crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O So Tasha has managed to take off the ropes and call Cris but has been caught! What will her punishment be? Will Cris save her now?